Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
1573219882337.png

Last edited:
2020 Targets

Brad Crouch
Jeremy Cameron
Lachie Whitfield

2021 Targets

Matt Crouch
Patrick Cripps
Josh Kelly
Jack Billings
Allir Allir
Marcus Bontempelli

At the end of 2021 Edwards(33) Rance(32) & Riewoldt(33) could possibly retire at end of this season. While Astbury(30) & Grimes(30) Vlastuin(27) & KMac(27) all qualify as free agents.

We also have CCJ Rioli Prestia Soldo Higgins Castagna Baker Chol Balta Naish Bolton Stack & this years draftees all coming out of contract.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
2020 Targets

Brad Crouch
Jeremy Cameron
Lachie Whitfield

2021 Targets

Matt Crouch
Patrick Cripps
Josh Kelly
Jack Billings
Allir Allir
Marcus Bontempelli

At the end of 2021 Edwards(33) Rance(32) & Riewoldt(33) could possibly retire at end of this season. While Astbury(30) & Grimes(30) Vlastuin(27) & KMac(27) all qualify as free agents.

We also have CCJ Rioli Prestia Soldo Higgins Castagna Baker Chol Balta Naish Bolton Stack & this years draftees all coming out of contract.
Forget about 2020 targets.Simply no room in our cap.But if Dusty come out and said i'll take a paycut of 800k, i'd go for Whitfield 100%.Perfect replacement for Houli.
Onto 21 and our blokes first.
Sheds-Have no doubt he is our Burgoyne and can play to his mid 30's at least if he wants to.
JR-Said in the H/S today that the only club he would leave us for is Tassie.Going by that Jack is good(body pending) until 2023.
Rance-Will go at the end of 2020 no matter what.Have a feeling this year would have if he played in the GF.
Cotch & Astbury will go sooner rather than later.Cotch with family life & Dave's body will have a huge say.2021 for both.
Of our other Group.
Musts-CCJ/Stack/Rioli/Bolton/Prestia/Soldo & George(who woulda thought 6 mnths ago on the last 2).
???,s over Baker/Chol/Naish & Balta.

Of the 2021 F/A's obviously Crisp is the standout.Would luv to pinch him out of Carltoon,But i think thats a bridge too far.(So lets make sure they pay through their teeth to keep him).
kelly i'd target along with Allir Allir.
Kelly ideal Cotch replacment
Allir ideal Astbury replacement.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Forget about 2020 targets.Simply no room in our cap.But if Dusty come out and said i'll take a paycut of 800k, i'd go for Whitfield 100%.Perfect replacement for Houli.
Onto 21 and our blokes first.
Sheds-Have no doubt he is our Burgoyne and can play to his mid 30's at least if he wants to.
JR-Said in the H/S today that the only club he would leave us for is Tassie.Going by that Jack is good(body pending) until 2023.
Rance-Will go at the end of 2020 no matter what.Have a feeling this year would have if he played in the GF.
Cotch & Astbury will go sooner rather than later.Cotch with family life & Dave's body will have a huge say.2021 for both.
Of our other Group.
Musts-CCJ/Stack/Rioli/Bolton/Prestia/Soldo & George(who woulda thought 6 mnths ago on the last 2).
???,s over Baker/Chol/Naish & Balta.

Of the 2021 F/A's obviously Crisp is the standout.Would luv to pinch him out of Carltoon,But i think thats a bridge too far.(So lets make sure they pay through their teeth to keep him).
kelly i'd target along with Allir Allir.
Kelly ideal Cotch replacment
Allir ideal Astbury replacement.
Would be a bit surprised if rancey only played 1 more season , I suppose it’s a bit unknown how he turns out , if positive like we expect then I couldn’t see him pulling the pin . Cotch is the curly one , another season with recurring injuries would prompt him to have a good think about it I’d say . None of the other seniors are on the radar at the mo

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I’d say Balmeys PA has already created a file in the cabinet for ea of
Tom Green
Noah Anderson
We re gonna get you home boys , don’t worry , ok , it’ll be fine , it’ll be fine
Even if it cost us our r1 compo we d get if jack capt tassie in a few years, ya know I’d be sweet with that too

Rowell would look goo in yellow and black too quite honestly

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Would be a bit surprised if rancey only played 1 more season , I suppose it’s a bit unknown how he turns out , if positive like we expect then I couldn’t see him pulling the pin . Cotch is the curly one , another season with recurring injuries would prompt him to have a good think about it I’d say . None of the other seniors are on the radar at the mo
Dunno mate.Just a gut feel about Rance.Be a great motivation for the boys if they know early on.
Cotch is the one player on our list that i'm more than happy if we carry him for a couple of years.Similar to this years output without the hammies.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
The knee injury might make Rance realize how much he likes Richmond and footy and he has got his whole life to be a priest or model or whatever he'd like to do.

Richmond winning a premiership without breaking a sweat, without the apple cart being tipped and without the Rance might too, may have sparked something inside of the great man..

only so much opportunity for the GOAt to play football he may now wanna continue for a while with Cotchin, Riewoldt and Edwards post 2020

Last edited:

gunnagunnagunna

Senior List
Jul 14, 2014
Dunno mate.Just a gut feel about Rance.Be a great motivation for the boys if they know early on.
Cotch is the one player on our list that i'm more than happy if we carry him for a couple of years.Similar to this years output without the hammies.
I disagree on Rance, being robbed of a flag because of injury is gut wrenching . He'd never want to feel that again! I can't see him going anywhere while we are competing.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
The knee injury might make Rance realize how much he likes Richmond and footy and he has got his whole life to be a priest or model or whatever he'd like to do.

Richmond winning a premiership without breaking a sweat, without the apple cart being tipped and without the Rance might too, may have sparked something inside of the great man..

only so much opportunity for the GOAt to play football he may now wanna continue for a while with Cotchin, Riewoldt and Edwards post 2020
I disagree on Rance, being robbed of a flag because of injury is gut wrenching . He'd never want to feel that again! I can't see him going anywhere while we are competing.
You guys could be right.Hope we find out one way or the other Sat Sept 30.2020

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Tom Green
Noah Anderson

We re gonna get you home boys , don’t worry , ok , it’ll be fine , it’ll be fine
Even if it cost us our r1 compo we d get if jack capt tassie in a few years, ya know I’d be sweet with that too

I would add cam Rayner to that list also

Apr 30, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Never know , Noah Balta and Cam Rayner are very good friends and he is a melbourne boy
Start the voices
Cam Rayner signed a 3 year $$$$$2 million contact before he even played his first preseason game straight after he was drafted. F@$k that is way overs for an average player who’s so far done sweet F.A. Dusty was dominant from game one. I’d be chasing Adam Cerra and looking at Himmelberg from GWS. I’d also be making offers to Whitfield where we do some dodgeys and pay him bugger all and get someone like Clinton Casey to sell him real estate for $2 like we used to in the Richo / Browny and Kane Johnson days. With Whitfield in our team I reckon we could win the next 5 flags. He’s the complete package that would cover our only real weakness.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Tom Green
Noah Anderson
I really want Green at the club. Isn't Anderson son of a hawk?

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m not sure if any player will retire when $500,000+ is on offer. Look at Hodge - had achieved it all but when Brisbane came knocking he was on the first plane north.

They’re all a long time retired and if they can eke out another two seasons at $300,000 per year then that adds to the retirement fund nicely,or puts them through university, or supplements a lower income while they establish themselves in a new field, or buts another property,...

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
To those saying Green will be expensive in 3/4 years time - maybe itd be best to buy him now

with 19 and our future first as the base of the Tom Green trade cake?

I’m not sure if any player will retire when $500,000+ is on offer. Look at Hodge - had achieved it all but when Brisbane came knocking he was on the first plane north.

They’re all a long time retired and if they can eke out another two seasons at $300,000 per year then that adds to the retirement fund nicely,or puts them through university, or supplements a lower income while they establish themselves in a new field, or buts another property,...

hodge just seems to love footy.

many of the big boys would retire when they have enough coin i think.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
To those saying Green will be expensive in 3/4 years time - maybe itd be best to buy him now

with 19 and our future first as the base of the Tom Green trade cake?

hodge just seems to love footy.

many of the big boys would retire when they have enough coin i think.

GWS traded away 2 x 1st round picks that were better than our pick #19 to get to pick #6 and are looking at trading 2020 1st rounder to get to #3 to get green.

No Chance we have the assets to get him this draft

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
GWS traded away 2 x 1st round picks that were better than our pick #19 to get to pick #6 and are looking at trading 2020 1st rounder to get to #3 to get green.

No Chance we have the assets to get him this draft

if you offer... 19/futurefirst/x3, 3rd rounders

kevin sheedy would drive him to dimmas house no worries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back