Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is Collingwood's endgame here? If they clear Treloar, Phillips and Cox they're opening up close to $2m in cap room next season. Is their cap that f’ed that they absolutely have to do it, or are they targeting someone I haven't heard about? Do they think they can poach Cameron at the last minute?
Gunston and Zac Merrett apparently

Can you believe the nerve of the druggo bombers to bribe josh dunkley with not only 800k a year over 5 but to promise they will re draft his brother!!

How fu**en desperate can they get?
They have literally pinned him in a corner
Same offer Gold Coast did to Ablett jnr they also gave Nathan a list spot after years not playing the game at all

What exactly is Collingwood's endgame here? If they clear Treloar, Phillips and Cox they're opening up close to $2m in cap room next season. Is their cap that f’ed that they absolutely have to do it, or are they targeting someone I haven't heard about? Do they think they can poach Cameron at the last minute?

Other clubs would have to be nuts to pick up Treloar, Phillips and Cox in the current scenario.

Can't see why Gold Coast would do it either when they have at least one generational player in Rowell if not more of a certain vintage they should be building around. Treloar would just wreck the Gold Coast build like GWS

a know treloar gets clowned on this board, but ive grown to like him over the past couple of years seeing him on 360 with jack. theres no chance he comes to us but he would be a very good get and a good transition from cotchin.

Yes except too expensive with risk so its a no. from my perspective

There are better options for the Tigers anyway.

Treloar is a nice to have but its not really going to happen in the current circumstances I think putting team and club interests first. Might get Treloar in 3 years time under different circumstances which would make him 30, assuming he is still playing, but not now that I can see

Last edited:
I think we should trade for Tom Green.

The idea is we say we will trade for Tom Green and will not bid for Joshua Green, Tom's brother.

We trade CCJ to GWS who I think will find it tough with Nank, Balta and others like Chol(plus Soldo and others like Biggy) chipping in plus a first round and maybe we get something back.

Assuming Jeremy Cameron goes from GWS CCJ gets an opportunity in the ruck as well as forward in a GWS team with plenty of youth that is now building.

We play Tom who offers us something different. When it suits Tom we can trade him back to GWS to play with his brother and maybe get a premiership at GWS. GWS might have relocated to Canberra by then which is we the Greens where brought up. The other thing is CCJ gets his chance at GWS and then could get traded to Adelaide if he wants and Himmelberg of Adelaide has the chance to play with his brother at GWS. Otherwise CCJ might prove to be a gun and win a premiership at GWS.

We could even trade Tom Green and get CCJ back if it suited clubs and players especially if it suits each clubs quest for premierships at the time.

The reason GWS might go for this is they need to rebuild a little, not sure what Kelly and others doing next year so the trade gives GWS flexibility to re-shape the list and premiership window, still have a Green connection and get Tom back later assuming it suits Tom.

I can't see Nank going currently because he is too important to the brand apart from structure and embedded in the dynamic and fabric at least for a few years yet. Nank is too much of a heart and soul player for the club and team to be let go unless it suited him later on

Last edited:
Yes except too expensive with risk so its a no. from my perspective

There are better options for the Tigers anyway.

Treloar is a nice to have but its not really going to happen in the current circumstances I think putting team and club interests first. Might get Treloar in 3 years time under different circumstances which would make him 30, assuming he is still playing, but not now that I can see

If Collingwood pay his contract I'd take treloar. Jokes aside he is a very good player.

Hogan is interesting too. Can play

If Collingwood pay his contract I'd take treloar. Jokes aside he is a very good player.

Hogan is interesting too. Can play

Treloar could ask for an early pay out could he not? Pies pay me 3 million and I will move on. Obviously Pies regard other targets far more than Treloar and want Treloar out which is terrible for Treloar from apparent mismanagement.

Jarrod Brander could be a left field option. I was looking at his highlights, I know its highlights but his vision looks better when he was younger than recent play. I think he might be better value than Hogan being younger to, could be a hidden smokey due to positioning. You know what I found interesting. Geelong was chasing Brander as part of Kelly trade last year apparently and West Coast held out. Geelong also looking at Brander for Jordan Clark now to.

Here is another scenario assuming can't get Tom Green.

Trade CCJ to GWS, Jordan Clark to West Coast, Jarrod Brander to RFC, first rounder to GWS from Geelong as part of matched trade for Jeremy Cameron to Geelong

Last edited:
I think he might be cooked. Hasn't fired a shot the last two seasons and while statistically he had a good season in 2018 I went back and watched his goals from that season and almost half were from free kicks or in junk time. There is a big difference between the Hogan we saw who made Rance look silly at times early in his career and the Hogan we've seen of late and although I think he could easily kick 40 plus for us Im not sure he helps in big moments which is what we need more so than the goals. Which to back this up in his first two season he averaged over 2 contested marks a game, the last three he has averaged 1.

Might be a replacement for the half cooked Riewoldt we have seen the past two seasons but I think that we already have Caddy who could contribute that similar results in the same role and could aim higher than Hogan if looking for Jacks long term replacement.
caddy would be roughly 28 or 29 can’t see him playing that role as a replacement hogan still young at 25

Treloar s hammy’s are ****ed and he suffers severely from anxiety .

Hogan is unfortunately struggling to function and for his own well being might be best off out of football , concentrating on his mental well being .

RFC has been quite diligent in its recruiting of late ( post fine eyes).

To be fair CCJ and Hogan are very different players. CCJ would be looking to take part in the games that Soldo and Chol had taken part in.

Ultimately CCJ is a ruckman, Hogan is not.

If we were to sign Hogan I would suspect we’d actually see him play as an Astbury replacement and as a forward if Lynch or Riewoldt were unavailable.
I see CCJ as a ruckman / forward .
We have Balta and wouldn’t surprise me if Chol is transformed into a defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar on 900k !! So even if the Pies were to pay 200-300k still wouldn’t go there.

Just don’t see the need after witnessing our midfield domination during the finals and knowing we have some quality kids in the wings.

And a long term replacement for Cotch who is still contracted til 22!?
Don’t think Blair would view it that way. He has a history of serious hamstring injury.
Real ? on his longevity which may be one of the reasons Pies are trying to offload him.

We’ll win it again next year, save our coin for when JR hangs up the boots end of 21.

Bucks is frantically skimming Konrad books trying to find the chapter on how to do with s**t culture.

Won't find it in these books mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Treloar s hammy’s are f’ed and he suffers severely from anxiety .

Hogan is unfortunately struggling to function and for his own well being might be best off out of football , concentrating on his mental well being .

yes good point
and standing next to Dusty anxiety will only rise
the fear of not being good enough

We should get hun for the LOLs
Treloar s hammy’s are f’ed and he suffers severely from anxiety .

Anxiety about both his hammies pinging again...

Tom Mc Donald
Peter Wright
Angus Brayshaw

Would be great added experience, Brayshaw & Wright are still young enough to have a good 6-8 years with the club, while Mcdonald has at least 3-4 years left in him & can play multiple positions. As I see we will not be making a lot list changes this season, it would be good to add experience to the list, while the kids get more experience & add one Rioli Jnr to the list.
I also see some of our kids pushing out a few of our older players next season, with the older guys starting to slow up with injuries & the kids having to work harder to keep there spots once they earn them. Which will hopefully hold our club in good stead for the next few seasons.
Reckon Wright and Brayshaw are gettable. Tom McDonald I am not sure, his price will definitely be high.

Not a huge fan of Hogan, but his forms highly questionable as well as his off-field behaviour...... If there is one team that can rebuild his footy hunger and focus, it's us. I don't think he would cost the world, its high risk high reward, and would definitely bring versatility. To be honest I am 50-50, more leaning towards no. Pretty sure he is keen on heading to NSW however.

Need to make sure we try keep Broad and Markov, money will be the factor. Higgo, as much as I love him, he is expendable. We have a lot of similar types on our list, and for what he has been through he needs an opportunity.

Anyway, watching the replay (again)...... :richmond: :trophy:

Disrespectful to be honest.
681ae291a0e7871be50ab45e87f1a79c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Not the craziest idea to try poach him on the cheap. Pies paying a chunky part of his salary, his preference is to stay in Melbourne.

Just how does he fit into the side......

I'm trying to think who on earth they are building the war-chest for..... one of the Kings?

I don't mind the idea of Treloar thinking left field here in terms of team fit and possible roles.

However there are a few problems apart from partner at Brisbane. His hammys is a risk, big risk especially as he is getting older and he has a contract to 2025.

I don't mind Treloar for two of our first rounders but when you factor in his wages even despite Collingwood paying next year the length of contract is incredibly disturbing.

If one was Gold Coast the length and size of Treloars contract plus his hamstrings are really big issues. Not sure God Coast would risk it, not sure most clubs would risk it. I can see how Collingwood are looking at the pros and cons , its a pickle of a situation especially when one does not know the salary caps
I just struggle to think how he fits in our team, sure he's a decent mid when firing, however injury riddled recently, who comes our of our midfield for him?

Agree on the cheap a good pick up, question marks over his health and how he slots in to the team......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back