Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also people need to realise that the guys we have been linked to have always had reasons for the fall away imo.

Crouch - T71 always said it was a long shot because we were only offering less money then everyone else.
Perryman - Was only going to come in a trade for Nank which fell over because of the Soldo injury imo.
O’Halloran - Was always going to stay if both Caldwell and Hately went imo.
Sharp - Was never going to be traded by GC imo. Also the talk he was unhappy there were shot down by himself. Might also hinge on Broad/Markov decisions imo
Tucker - Was only mentioned in regards to Pickett going home which now looks like not happening.

These are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Jeez, the lack of demand from other clubs for Egg is weird. Managed to poll a few Brownlow votes this year.
I reckon he’ll get picked up as a delisted free agent if we do delist him (which seems likely)

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon he’ll get picked up as a delisted free agent if we do delist him (which seems likely)

I am wondering if he might get another chance to get himself really fit and strengthen his body up a bit. He definitely has something to work with. Awful waste if he has blown his chance by just not being in good enough shape.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Also people need to realise that the guys we have been linked to have always had reasons for the fall away imo.

Crouch - T71 always said it was a long shot because we were only offering less money then everyone else.
Perryman - Was only going to come in a trade for Nank which fell over because of the Soldo injury imo.
O’Halloran - Was always going to stay if both Caldwell and Hately went imo.
Sharp - Was never going to be traded by GC imo. Also the talk he was unhappy there were shot down by himself. Might also hinge on Broad/Markov decisions imo
Tucker - Was only mentioned in regards to Pickett going home which now looks like not happening.

These are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Yeah in defence of people with the sauce.

Just cause a deal doesn't happen doesn't mean there wasn't interest.

DannyS

Debutant
Aug 10, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Any chance of having a nip at Jed Anderson. As productive and committed as any big names mentioned. Rate him higher than Brad Couch for a start. Would have instant respect at the tiges (after man bun given the snip).

Last edited:

Joey longshadow

Hostis Humani Generis
Oct 23, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Baltimore ravens
Assuming we're not needing to pay him a whole lot more, I hope Higgins stays. I thought he actually played some great footy early in the year. He had a couple quiet games before he was dropped but his intensity and attack on the footy was still great.
2020 was big for everyone, but Higgins had to deal with his return from a year off and playing in a new position, on top of everything else. I reckon he's in line for a big step with some more certainty in 2021.
Yeah.. I hope he stays too... Anyone whose brain is fast enough to conjure that goal of the year effort of his is good enough for our team... They always said diesel Williams wasn't fast enough... You don't need to be fast when you already know where the ball is going to be. I think given another chance he can be a bloody good player for us in the mid field

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
So update.

Nank - re-signed 3 years 🥳
RCD - re-signed 2 years 🥳

Still un-contracted

Houli - highly likely to re-sign
Broad - really want him to re-sign but has interest from mainly GC 50/50
Markov - ditto 👆
Turner
Miller
Garthwaite
English

Rookies
Pickett - highly likely to re-sign for 2 years
Aarts- highly likely to re-sign
Egg - highly likely to be delisted

Contracted players talked about

Higgins - contracted to 2021
Nice little break down mate, I’d suspect Eggy and English will be delisted. Garthy and Miller’s futures will probably Come down to what happens with Markov and Broad.

Aarts and Pickett seen pretty likely to re-sign.

As for Turner he seems the great unknown, I’ll back the club in to make the right call but you’d imagine he’ll stay based on his age and our lack of depth on the wings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies board has officially gone full Carlton

a796b9e99c4bbbe88b071e2e7013875d

edit: this deluded idiot is still taking credit for our flags :p https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...er-amid-richmond-dynasty-20201025-p568cn.html
I can’t be the only one whos mind image of groupie is creepy moustache bloke

Any chance of having a nip at Jed Anderson. As productive and committed as any big names mentioned. Rate him higher than Brad Couch for a start. Would have instant respect at the tiges (after man bun given the snip).

MR ANDERSON........

Jed Anderson is very good.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Nice little break down mate, I’d suspect Eggy and English will be delisted. Garthy and Miller’s futures will probably Come down to what happens with Markov and Broad.

Aarts and Pickett seen pretty likely to re-sign.

As for Turner he seems the great unknown, I’ll back the club in to make the right call but you’d imagine he’ll stay based on his age and our lack of depth on the wings.
I reckon Garthwaite may be on the chopping block with English sadly. Miller will probably be retained with our lack of talls on the list plus he’s been getting good wraps this year. Would actually rather retain English on the rookie list if we can, has shown some promise but we’ll have to trust the club to know what to do 😁.

Turner really is the great unknown. It really could come down to who do we keep out of Turner, Naish and Ralphsmith (plus Markov could play wing imo). It may just be Turner is the unlucky one to be out of contract.

Also * the incompetence of not knowing list sizes.

May 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah.. I hope he stays too... Anyone whose brain is fast enough to conjure that goal of the year effort of his is good enough for our team... They always said diesel Williams wasn't fast enough... You don't need to be fast when you already know where the ball is going to be. I think given another chance he can be a bloody good player for us in the mid field
Yeah agree, he showed enough this year to show he can get to the level required.
We're also not going to get much back for him- people here are saying a first rounder, but he was a late first rounder already a few years ago, so I don't see a team giving up a first round pick for him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back