Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Pity the club can't go all in on Green in the draft.

Pinching him from under GWS' noses would sure rub salt into the grand final wounds.

i reckon 19, future first and the three third rounders would get it done (maybe some more future picks too lol)

yolo

they know he is going to richmond anyway eventually

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
i reckon 19, future first and the three third rounders would get it done (maybe some more future picks too lol)

yolo

they know he is going to richmond anyway eventually
No Chance , GWS gave up 3x 1st rounders better than anything we could offer

wait 2 years and get him as OOC player

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Its a pretty bloody good chance (95%+) and the only reason they've done it

Not sure about that , There is a very very high chance that Green ends up the best player in the draft and is likened to P.Cripps

We are talking about picks that could end up #14+#21 and next year is a very compromised draft and probably #17+
I would happily give up 2019 1st rounder + 2020 1st rounder + 2020 2nd rounder for Green

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure about that , There is a very very high chance that Green ends up the best player in the draft and is likened to P.Cripps

We are talking about picks that could end up #14+#21 and next year is a very compromised draft and probably #17+
I would happily give up 2019 1st rounder + 2020 1st rounder + 2020 2nd rounder for Green
The pick they have traded for is what they will use to take a player BEFORE Green

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
and they might lose the other top 5 pick if Melbourne Sydney for the 3 for 5/25 trade which is being talking about ...

suns - rowell
suns - anderson
swans - greene
I don't see why Sydney would do that when they know they still won't get the player they are after, they will lose Pick 25 just to piss off GWS
Given how many Swans academy players there are, you don't want to get any team offside who could screw you back in the long term.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah the elation in the Dow household when Thomson's name was called out was sensational. Almost like please let me be selected by a serious Club rather than that place my brother inhabits and then it's jackpot time at the most professional Club in the competition. Hang in there Paddy. We may yet have a place for you along side your brother.

Last edited:

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Josh Green, Toms younger brother is eligible for next years draft.

should make a nice package from GWS in 2-3 years.
Aren't GWS in a pretty big points deficit for next year?
They may not be able to get him, or will need to trade out a couple of players for some picks to do it

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Aren't GWS in a pretty big points deficit for next year?
They may not be able to get him, or will need to trade out a couple of players for some picks to do it

I think the debt was based on swans bidding on Tom at 5, pick 10 or whatever saved them some points. But might still be in debt.

but hope Josh ends up at GWS, easier to get him out of there, given the backlog of draftees, than if he ends up at a Melbourne club.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
I think the debt was based on swans bidding on Tom at 5, pick 10 or whatever saved them some points. But might still be in debt.

but hope Josh ends up at GWS, easier to get him out of there, given the backlog of draftees, than if he ends up at a Melbourne club.
I looked it up, from what I can see they are about 250 points in debt. They already don't have a 1st or 4th round pick next year, however 250 points is only worth about pick 52, so they should still be able to match any bids next year with their 2nd & 3rd rounders. I'm sure they'll trade a couple of players for picks at the end of the year again too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back