Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be wary of Couch from an injury perspective and a tad from club culture perspective too

he'll demand a reasonable salary , we have up and coming players like Stack , Higgins , Aarts , Pickett , Egg who would be on low coin

that starts to erode club culture

getting to the top is hard , staying there is hard too

But, if Adelaide pay much/most of his wages and he wants the success then he could shield Cotch and Shedda, and improve our weakest point. Much as I get excited about the kids and future. right now we can win 1, 2 or 3 more premierships - if the footy Gods love us. Every premiership if equivalent to 18 years/seasons (18 teams). So having won 2 in 3 is equivalent to 36 seasons of effort. Every premiership is 2 or 3 rebuilds of the squad when looked at that way. If Crouch some for 3 years, helps us win 2 premierships and buggers off, we're a long way ahead. If the club are keen after him there's good reason. And if Adelaide will trade for something they value highly, our depth players, then all the better.

some players that change clubs never reach the heights they did when at their first club and on their initial career rise ... something along the lines they left their heart at the first club

I've just plucked the following names Polo , Vickery, Pattinson , Zantuck, Tambling all played enough 1st grade games with us , certainly some goods games in there , but at their new clubs didn't rise to the level we got from them

conversly

Ones that have done better at their new clubs Rodan , Schulz and its looking like Butler , did better with their new club than with us

I'd worry with Couch , he is an experienced player , quite capable at his peak
with us, in 2021, how far off his peak would he be and how will his body hold up - significant risk , quite a big chance he wont fill the need we have regardless of how cute a deal we can strike

If we do chase him that tells me the club is confident his injuries can be over come , he has the fire in his belly and we have a role for him that he can rise to

Worth asking about Cunnington.Just turned 29 in June and would be a great help for Cotch .
Unfortunately he is contracted for 2 more years. I reckon we have 2 years in our window before we may too reset a bit .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Massive yes from me. He is a beast and massively under rated, especially on our board. Perhaps a couple years too old but wouldd still bridge the gap between cotchin edwards houli etc and rcd dow and the gang.

Reeks of a Clarkson style pickup when they were in their window and maximised it.

some players that change clubs never reach the heights they did when at their first club and on their initial career rise ... something along the lines they left their heart at the first club

I've just plucked the following names Polo , Vickery, Pattinson , Zantuck, Tambling all played enough 1st grade games with us , certainly some goods games in there , but at their new clubs didn't rise to the level we got from them

conversly

Ones that have done better at their new clubs Rodan , Schulz and its looking like Butler , did better with their new club than with us

with us, in 2021, how far off his peak would he be and how will his body hold up - significant risk , quite a big chance he wont fill the need we have regardless of how cute a deal we can strike

If we do chase him that tells me the club is confident his injuries can be over come , he has the fire in his belly and we have a role for him that he can rise to

Someone like Crouch has about 4-6 years left, barring injury. He should be cheap, for all the reasons people have given. T71's point about Adelaide wanting to fast track their rebuild also gives us space to do a magic trade like BF people often propose from trade a draft season. They win, we win. Because we look like having to cut players for next year we will have to cut AFL quality players. So if Adelaide got say, Graham and KMac and someone else, they'd get a huge bit of tiger DNA in in one hit + a major increase in game day capability + future to protect their kids and offer a great example. They give us a quality inside mid + $. They don't need $ because they don't have a list worth it. We fill that inside mid spot to allow Cotch to play longer, maybe Shedds as well. And we're left with the Rance $. Add to that we've supposedly built a small warchest in player payments we can seriously target a star, who is willing to come for unders but premiership success.

So a trade with Adelaide makes perfect sense in the larger picture. It gets us what we want, and allows us to move some guys to another AFL club who might just be cut (looking after our won, Richmond man style), and leaves open the opportunity to go for someone like Toby Greene (I'd be in heaven if that happened). We might end up with a good B+ 26 year old. But we got big Tom Lunch for unders this way. Every AFL player can see quite clearly that the Tigers aren't going away for quite a few years. So a genuine shot at the title with the largest supported team, and the best culture has to be worth a lot to the right person.

Massive yes from me. He is a beast and massively under rated, especially on our board. Perhaps a couple years too old but wouldd still bridge the gap between cotchin edwards houli etc and rcd dow and the gang.

Reeks of a Clarkson style pickup when they were in their window and maximised it.
I’m a Cunnington fan but radio talk over the weekend is that his back injury is pretty bad and he’ll struggle to get back to his best.

conversly

Sorry but those first set of players you listed that left Richmond were absolute garbage, polo, zantuck especially.
Butler was a premiership player that has some zip but lost form, we knew Rodman could and Schulz we should’ve kept.
I’m not super convinced crouch is the answer but he is certainly better than what we have right now, unless we could pry out one of melbournes mids, I don’t think we have the cash to get any of the big fish, Cunnington could be a possibility, but he’s 29

My suspicion is not enough tpp space for a more mature mid so we will trade for one recently drafted interstate , likely suspects
Cerra
Ely smith
Joe Caldwell
Will Brodie
Don’t sacrifice our r1 though , should get this done with a tall traded out , one of CCJ nank or soldo will depart me thinks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but those first set of players you listed that left Richmond were absolute garbage, polo, zantuck especially.
Butler was a premiership player that has some zip but lost form, we knew Rodman could and Schulz we should’ve kept.
I’m not super convinced crouch is the answer but he is certainly better than what we have right now, unless we could pry out one of melbournes mids, I don’t think we have the cash to get any of the big fish, Cunnington could be a possibility, but he’s 29

Cunnington is not a big fish.

Anyway, with Balta breaking out, Bolton letting it go, and others in the stable like Stack, Higgins, CCJ, RCD, and the rest we really need to go to the draft to ensure we are contending for years and years.

Cool is not too old either so we really need to get more youth in to rejuvenate the place and empower our youngsters to win as many premierships as possible

Issue with Brad Crouch is he will do a hamstring regularly. We already have Cotch doing this. I don't think $$$ will be justified due to injury not ability.

Angus Brayshaw showed he is still a good player should he get the inside mid role. Brayshaw or Viney good options.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Someone like Crouch has about 4-6 years left, barring injury. He should be cheap, for all the reasons people have given. T71's point about Adelaide wanting to fast track their rebuild also gives us space to do a magic trade like BF people often propose from trade a draft season. They win, we win. Because we look like having to cut players for next year we will have to cut AFL quality players. So if Adelaide got say, Graham and KMac and someone else, they'd get a huge bit of tiger DNA in in one hit + a major increase in game day capability + future to protect their kids and offer a great example. They give us a quality inside mid + $. They don't need $ because they don't have a list worth it. We fill that inside mid spot to allow Cotch to play longer, maybe Shedds as well. And we're left with the Rance $. Add to that we've supposedly built a small warchest in player payments we can seriously target a star, who is willing to come for unders but premiership success.

So a trade with Adelaide makes perfect sense in the larger picture. It gets us what we want, and allows us to move some guys to another AFL club who might just be cut (looking after our won, Richmond man style), and leaves open the opportunity to go for someone like Toby Greene (I'd be in heaven if that happened). We might end up with a good B+ 26 year old. But we got big Tom Lunch for unders this way. Every AFL player can see quite clearly that the Tigers aren't going away for quite a few years. So a genuine shot at the title with the largest supported team, and the best culture has to be worth a lot to the right person.
1597085869288.png

Issue with Brad Crouch is he will do a hamstring regularly. We already have Cotch doing this. I don't think $$$ will be justified due to injury not ability.

Angus Brayshaw showed he is still a good player should he get the inside mid role. Brayshaw or Viney good options.

Don’t know why we are talking Brad Crouch as in my opinion, the Saints will be all in on him And it seems to me that money will determine where he’s gonna play?

Brodie Smith is the crow worth taking .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would rather persist with Naish tbh. Bring in a big bull mid by all means but if your talking half back flankers I'd rather someone with some toe that can grow into the roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Elephant in the room time.
We all know the potential of CCJ.We have seen glimpses of it at vfl level.
However with the emergence of Chol.
Should we put CCJ on the table?
GWS apparently were keen last year so there is no doubt they'll be interested.
Would you consider a straight swap for Tom Green as acceptable?
They get what they want and we get what we want?
We have seen in the past with the likes of Vickery/McBean and Griffiths not quite making it.
Should we explore while there is a high interest on an untried kid and back ourselves in regards too Chol filling that spot that looked to be CCJ's at the start of the season?

Elephant in the room time.
We all know the potential of CCJ.We have seen glimpses of it at vfl level.
However with the emergence of Chol.
Should we put CCJ on the table?
GWS apparently were keen last year so there is no doubt they'll be interested.
Would you consider a straight swap for Tom Green as acceptable?
They get what they want and we get what we want?
We have seen in the past with the likes of Vickery/McBean and Griffiths not quite making it.
Should we explore while there is a high interest on an untried kid and back ourselves in regards too Chol filling that spot that looked to be CCJ's at the start of the season?
Yes it's fully acceptable where do I sign?

Brayshaw would be a great get , if Tom McDonald is on 700, this guy must be on 800-900 . Just can’t see us being in the market for that price tag, halve it and we can shake loose a young draftee from interstate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back