Stifler's mom

Premium Platinum
Jan 29, 2007
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool - Walk On!
Hs anyone got any updates on the progress of these boys?
Was wondering how Nick Daicos was coming along.

Always heard that he was immensely talented.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry O

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Daicos missed selection for the Oakleigh under 16’s this year so might not be draftable quality

swoop42

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2014
The 22
AFL Club
Collingwood
Daicos missed selection for the Oakleigh under 16’s this year so might not be draftable quality
Did he trial though?

Players physically develop at different rates or can lose interest for a period of time in the sport.

Perhaps concentrating solely on schooling or hanging with his mates is more important this year for Nick.

I wouldn't be to concerned at present as what he achieves or doesn't at U18 level is all that will matter.

P.S-Of course I wouldn't put it entirely past clubs to start doctoring the exposure level of highly touted father sons from this point onwards either to try and drive down the eventual asking price.

Didn't Tyler Brown and/or Josh only play school football up until their draft year when they finally competed in the now named NAB league?

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m sure I heard somewhere along the line that Nick was being held out of rep footy, and was just going to play for school/APS.

Either way, you don’t go from all-world to can’t make the Oakleigh U16’s squad that quickly. Something doesn’t add up there.
Peter told me last week at a function that he had been held back.

Not making the U16’s means very little anyway.

regpies

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m sure I heard somewhere along the line that Nick was being held out of rep footy, and was just going to play for school/APS.

Either way, you don’t go from all-world to can’t make the Oakleigh U16’s squad that quickly. Something doesn’t add up there.
It’s genius, don’t play rep footy so his draft stick doesn’t rise. All part of the plan so we only have to use pick 50 on him than pick 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Out of curiosity I wonder which side has had the most father sons in at one time, in one game?

Geelong must have been thereabouts.

We have had Moore Daicos Brown in a game.

Last edited:

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Out of curiosity I wonder which side has had the most father sons in at one time, in one game?

Geelong must have been thereabouts, Essendon with Danihers...

We have had Moore Daicos Brown in a game.
Danihers werent father sons, except for the latest one. Cats may have had 2 Abletts, Scarlett and Hawkins - but not sure.

Top Bottom