List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened to this thread for 18 months?
We started playing well enough as a team, that our hopes no longer rested solely with the sons of past greats, allocated at a meagre discount.

I’m sure I heard somewhere along the line that Nick was being held out of rep footy, and was just going to play for school/APS.

Either way, you don’t go from all-world to can’t make the Oakleigh U16’s squad that quickly. Something doesn’t add up there.

It’s genius, don’t play rep footy so his draft stick doesn’t rise. All part of the plan so we only have to use pick 50 on him than pick 10

Maybe his parents don’t want his stick to rise too early.
At his age, I think that horse has well and truly bolted.

Out of curiosity I wonder which side has had the most father sons in at one time, in one game?

Geelong must have been thereabouts.

We have had Moore Daicos Brown in a game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curiosity I wonder which side has had the most father sons in at one time, in one game?

Geelong must have been thereabouts, Essendon with Danihers...

Danihers werent father sons, except for the latest one. Cats may have had 2 Abletts, Scarlett and Hawkins - but not sure.

Danihers werent father sons, except for the latest one. Cats may have had 2 Abletts, Scarlett and Hawkins - but not sure.
Ofcourse, yes you’re right.

In fact it all started when the South Melbourne thought Neville Fields would be a good fit for them.

I’ll edit my bad out.

What does that mean though? "Held back?"

I'm not familiar with how it all works.

It all started back when Geelong could get Hawkins (and others) as a father and son
he was tipped to go top 5 or 10 and Geelong were getting him for next to nothing so the others clubs were pissed off
so everyone (including our Mr President who should've kept quiet not thinking long term who we might've had coming through)
complained about it so it was brought in to bid for FS's and the FS club had to match
this is why most clubs hold them back so the other clubs don't see the potential so it doesn't cost the FS club a high pick

Or so they say

It all started back when Geelong could get Hawkins (and others) as a father and son
he was tipped to go top 5 or 10 and Geelong were getting him for next to nothing so the others clubs were pissed off
so everyone (including our Mr President who should've kept quiet not thinking long term who we might've had coming through)
complained about it so it was brought in to bid for FS's and the FS club had to match
this is why most clubs hold them back so the other clubs don't see the potential so it doesn't cost the FS club a high pick

Or so they say

Interesting. Wouldn't you assume though that it doesn't make a difference? At some point Daicos would get to the TAC Cup (or NAB League, whatever) anyway, and any list manager or talent identification staff worth their salt would be aware of him anyway?

Is Elijah Edwards still on a scholarship with us? Could be a smokey to watch if he grows 10cms and has a good season
This poster blaze036 is a blast from the past, anyone know what the story is? 20k posts in 3 years then nothing for 5 years.

Interesting. Wouldn't you assume though that it doesn't make a difference? At some point Daicos would get to the TAC Cup (or NAB League, whatever) anyway, and any list manager or talent identification staff worth their salt would be aware of him anyway?

Yep definitely not that you'd want to hold back when you're looking to do something you love but if a club like Collingwood said to me slow up a bit just run around in circles you'd do it

Geelong must have been thereabouts.

In 2005-06 we had all 3x Cloke's and 2x Shaw's at the club. Did all 5 ever play in the same game?

Or so they say

If I recall correctly the FS processes had been evolving prior to the Cats cleaning up. Had previously moved from 50 games to 100 games qualification. There was talk of abolishing it altogether so at a minimum was always going to be tightened but it all just took time. GAJr - 2001 draft, Hawkins - 2006, Moore (1st year of bidding) - 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back