List Mgmt. Future Midfield Thread

Which of our young mids has the highest ceiling?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lomas

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I always knew our future midfield group had talent but outside of Jy Simpkin (who I genuinely think has the ability to be our best mid of the modern era) I was never absolutely convinced that we had a potentially elite group or just a very good group.

But the last two weeks have convinced me. Well, it's actually more than the last two weeks and a heap of little things from this year. But now I'm absolutely sold. Tarryn Thomas the mid looks special, LDU has had his moments, his quarters, his halves. He just needs to put it together and I think he will. And Phillips and Powell both look special. Led by Cunnington -- who I think could well still be here when we're challenging -- and with the possible additions of Horne and (say it quietly) Kelly, it's a ******* tantalising group of players. Obviously we still need to see them actually put it all together and do it, but they're still all so young. It's gonna take time. But when they do it's going to be so fun to watch.
I think Cunners is the key. Get a few more years out of him and we will be sitting pretty. Love the stuff coming out of the club highlighting his mentoring, that's what will keep him involved, not the cash.

nj23

Senior List
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Speaking of rucks looking for opportunity, Meek at freo might have enough of being stuck behind Darcy and want to come back to Victoria if his contract isn’t renewed. I thought freo had a third ruck on their list but can’t recall his name.
If he came back I’d imagine geelong would be in to him since they’re always sniffing for rucks.

AnEmptyChair

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
fu** oath. We are going to be so ******* good and it's led by these guys. I don't think we've had a group this talented in more than 20 years. What I love about them too is that, while they're good in the contest, they can all kick the footy and they're all super composed. Composure and decision making are the two most important attributes in an AFL footballer imo, and our group has it in spades.

FootySmartSimpson

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both the xfactor to the meat and potatoes of LDU, Simpkin, Phillips and Powell. Maybe a Bailey Scott and Lazaro too.

It’s outrageous is what it is.

And a Horne cherry on top maybe
Be careful calling LDU meat and potatoes. Right now, he is taking the game on and bursting through congestion. While he is at times getting caught HTB and it isn't always coming off, he is probably 15% fitness, strength and experience away from following through with these attempts. When this happens he is going to look like a million bucks.

Sphynx

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
#1 Centre Bounce side in the competition since Round 12.

Russell & Noble have them humming.
Just mental when you think the average age of the players in there each week.

Noble hasn't shied away from playing the kids in key moments.

It's no coincidence it's correlated with Thomas' break out. His clearance ratio's are just broken for the amount of CB's he attends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Be careful calling LDU meat and potatoes. Right now, he is taking the game on and bursting through congestion. While he is at times getting caught HTB and it isn't always coming off, he is probably 15% fitness, strength and experience away from following through with these attempts. When this happens he is going to look like a million bucks.
He's steak frites with bernaise sauce.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

the big lebowski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was sarcasticly saying meat and potatoes. LDU is already looking a million bucks imo

Caracas

Premium Gold
Apr 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Kildare
I was sarcasticly saying meat and potatoes. LDU is already looking a million bucks imo
His cameo in the third quarter where he got the ball in defence under pressure and broke away, running back - before a releasing kick to Dumont - was exquisite.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad