List Mgmt. Future Midfield Thread

Which of our young mids has the highest ceiling?

• Total voters

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LDU & Jy were immense today, TT clearly targeted and I thought it affected his disposal but he didn't shy away from the contest at all which was super impressive.

Oh, and the best draft prospect in the country who had 22 and kicked 3 against men today is joining them next year.
TT took a hit early on and it seems to affected him for the rest of the game.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Yeah dumont wont be in it

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
never have i been so excited at the prospect of someone going off our list. The guy is just a bang average footballer. today especially, looked like hes checked out. Which begs the question if hes gone why are we still playing him.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
TT took a hit early on and it seems to affected him for the rest of the game.
Didn't notice the early hit but will take your word for it. Nankervis and Cotchin certainly didn't miss a chance to get into him in the 2nd half

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A68959CA-7211-4F23-A246-AF192D8CA184.jpeg

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't notice the early hit but will take your word for it. Nankervis and Cotchin certainly didn't miss a chance to get into him in the 2nd half
Yeah it was near the end of the 2nd quarter. Took a while to get back up and didn't look the same for the rest of the game.

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Getting horne has its downside in that adelaide will try to lure him back, so we need to be ready to call their bluff and ask for 2 of their first rounders at the very least.

Getting horne has its downside in that adelaide will try to lure him back, so we need to be ready to call their bluff and ask for 2 of their first rounders at the very least.
Oh no you’re back

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They haven't been able to lure any of the Adelaide GC boys with their losing record.
I think we'll be ok.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Get Horne in and then we need to look for a replacement for cunners.
Someone solid in the midfield.
I know LDU and Jy get clearances etc but I think we really miss that rock of a player when cunners is out.
Looking at the Tom Greene types.
Not sure what you guys think.

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know LDU and Jy get clearances etc but I think we really miss that rock of a player when cunners is out.

You are not going to get a like for like in that he is from the 2010s, cunnington if he tried for the draft in 2020, he probably won't be drafted due to slow speed and lack of explosiveness.

Cunnington's contested ability in close needs to be covered by the current youngsters.

Eggs11

All Australian
Jul 18, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LDU, Jy, Horne and WAP are all capable inside. Even TT too. There is only one Cunners, but we’ll have three capable clearance players at most center bounces. Inside mid is one thing I am definitely not worried about.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LDU, Jy, Horne and WAP are all capable inside. Even TT too. There is only one Cunners, but we’ll have three capable clearance players at most center bounces. Inside mid is one thing I am definitely not worried about.
He offers a lot more than clearances though, his midfield presence is unmatched.

Eggs11

All Australian
Jul 18, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He offers a lot more than clearances though, his midfield presence is unmatched.
Yes, he’s our best player, no doubt. But I am confident the collective sum of those other developing midfielders will match or exceed the output of the great man by himself. We smashed a good team in clearances today and matched them in contested possessions and our group of young midfielders is going to get MUCH better.

Spicer and Powell are his mates. We'll have no issue keeping him.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You reckon he fills the same need?
Not being facetious, just asking.
I do. He won't be a carbon copy of Cunners and I don't think he will have the upper body strength of Ben but he will be elite in the clinches with his one-touch hands and defensively he will be better than Cunners. Phillips hunts the opposition and so does apparently Horne.

Back