List Mgmt. Future Midfield Thread

Which of our young mids has the highest ceiling?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't notice the early hit but will take your word for it. Nankervis and Cotchin certainly didn't miss a chance to get into him in the 2nd half
This is actually going to be a real strength of our stacked midfield in the future, where clubs will target one of our players but it just lets another off the leash. Yesterday Richmond targeted TT, but then LDU had 38 (and Simpkin had 34).

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Get Horne in and then we need to look for a replacement for cunners.
Someone solid in the midfield.
I know LDU and Jy get clearances etc but I think we really miss that rock of a player when cunners is out.
Looking at the Tom Greene types.
Not sure what you guys think.

Done well getting the ball out of the middle without Cunners.

We thought midfield was taking shape entering last year's draft.

Since then, have added WP, Powell, Stepho, and this year top pick. If that ends up in Horne, well um, yeah...not only has it taken shape, the shape itself leaves nothing to the imagination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
How do we fit them all in there

Most if not all of their best position is starting in the middle.
Cunners, jed ,Jy, LDU, TT, Phillips,Powell ,Horne - good problem to have but need to get the balance right.
I reckon Jed's got 12 months as a full time mid before he gets swamped.

Cunnington, Jy, LDU, Thomas, Phillips, Powell...with cameos from Stephenson and JHF on the next year or 2.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The top end talents are now all there, we just need to set up the best support players for the high end talents now.

Richmond dynasty is built on having the best support players with a few doing excellent stuff.

Our focus now will need to get players like scott, taylor and others to come to play the support role well.

The big fish should come after our 1st flag to top things up.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The top end talents are now all there, we just need to set up the best support players for the high end talents now.

Richmond dynasty is built on having the best support players with a few doing excellent stuff.

Our focus now will need to get players like scott, taylor and others to come to play the support role well.

The big fish should come after our 1st flag to top things up.
Exactly right.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
End of 2021.

LDU:
1629675032727.png

Simpkin:
1629675077242.png

Thomas:
1629675109768.png

Stephenson:
1629675141863.png

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

Solid year from Stephenson. Upped his midfield time and still managed to stay close to a goal a game. I'd imagine he'd be at the forefront of Nobles "fitter and stronger" campaign. Easy to forger he's only 22. Seems to have packed a bit in his 4 seasons, on and off the field. Can see him spending a lot of time on a wing in the years to come.

FootySmartSimpson

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Solid year from Stephenson. Upped his midfield time and still managed to stay close to a goal a game. I'd imagine he'd be at the forefront of Nobles "fitter and stronger" campaign. Easy to forger he's only 22. Seems to have packed a bit in his 4 seasons, on and off the field. Can see him spending a lot of time on a wing in the years to come.

Overall, it was a good season for him. I realise he is young but over the next few years I think he could be a much better player if he can just be more consistent: He had some BOG performances once every 3-5 matches where if he wasn't "on", he would mostly drift in and out of games. If he can more consistently show not only the weapons he has, but do the team stuff then we will have a wonderful player playing in the midfield.

I did love Stevo's 0.9 goals a game and Tarryn's 1.1 goals a game. These two developing along side one another is going to be huge.

Back