Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Another article on the Lions website regarding the contract status of James today.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-10-22/lions-not-panicking

In the article, a couple of points stuck out to me;

Swann remains hopeful that the 18-year-old will commit to the Lions soon after Christmas but says all the club can do is create a positive environment that makes him want to stay.

He acknowledged that retaining players was always a challenge and that the club knew it needed to be winning games as well as having a strong player welfare program to keep players.

I honestly don't feel too confident with retaining Aish. Everyone knew he was a unique pick and his name is royalty in SA.

BUT, we've done everything we can to change the football culture, welfare department from the last few years, and everyone bar Aish and Cutler(Who's close to resigning) has extended. If he goes, I don't think it'll be to SA after the speech from Lethal and Swann a few months ago.

FYI, a separate thread to keep it away from roster watch and so opposition supporters can also have an input.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
TBH if he does go I think we are gonna be ok. I hope he stays but if he doesn't he will demand a first round pick anyways.

Nov 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It shouldn't be too hard to retain him. The club can just put this above his locker.

NQOZq.jpg

Oh jebus how I do loathe the off-season.
Brisbane Lions fans are becoming the obsessive stalker boyfriend of the footy world for this chap. If he's gone it might just be because we won't leave him the * alone.

keen campaigner

Debutant
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions fans are becoming the obsessive stalker boyfriend of the footy world for this chap. If he's gone it might just be because we won't leave him the **** alone.

haha yep bit like this in my mind

When+talking+to+annoying+friends_46a05e_4871754.gif

i think its been mentioned in another thread somewhere but his agent pickering is the one pulling the strings here. not saying anything new here but swann saying that we had money in the coffers was a double edged sword - a gamble that paid off by getting beams and christensen. for whatever reasons we managed to get them to Brisbane.

if we lose aish in the process well thats bully for us. we should and can land a kpf next year. if not and the kid decides to stay then good on him. all the club culture change and welfare improvement in the world can't change the fact that a player will want to leave for whatever reason whether that be money, homesickness or personal reasons.

IMO im hopeful that aish will re-sign mid season next year if the lions are playing well and if hes getting a regular spot. i also think he will leave at some point down the track but maybe not next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Lion

Club Legend
Aug 10, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Aish will be a good player but I havnt seen anything to suggest he will be a great player.someone that we could afford to lose if he decided he wanted out.

Nah he'll be all class, Simon Black sort of class, but unfortunately it won't be with us.

Pickers will trundle out his bs early next year saying his undecided and is going to wait till the end of the year, but Lions fans should rest easy as he really enjoys it in Brisbane and his happy to be there. That is until his contract runs out and his on the first plane back to Adelaide.

Pickers went to Adelaide to talk to Aish and his folks only recently. If the decision was to stay a Lion they would have signed a contract extension then and there, they have made the choice to go home, now Pickers will play it out and do what he does best, get his clients where they want to be on great deals.

We might get lucky and Adelaide has a poor year which will net us a good pick which we can they on trade to pick up another good player in his early 20's who fills a need.

Happy to be wrong on this but we have seen it all before and Pickers is a master at it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back