Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Adelaide doesn't have a whole lot to offer as a city and entertainment either, but Crows/Port don't seem to have the same go-home problem we have..

(yes, Dangerfield left and maybe one or two others, but nothing like us)
It's a footy heartland though. Easier to pick up chicks and get 3rd party payments.

Disagree. This is a kid Leppa essentially bottomed out for in a two win season. He knows better than anyone the struggles we have, one of the first things he said when starting as coach was that he needed to create an environment that kids will want to stay at.

Well three years later here we are. By definition he failed to create that environment at the club (still lost draftees during his time) and is now using that fact to recruit one of our few top 5 picks in recent years. At least Rance gave Richmond years of top line service (and let's face it, nobody actually thought he was going to come to Brisbane). I'm all for being ruthless in the pursuit of excellence but surely this is a situation where moral obligations should play a part. He is even being paid by the club at this point.
I think you missed my point of agreeance with Ironmonger
It sucks for all kinds of reasons, but his responsibility right now is to his current employer, not to us.

I walk over the footbridge at Park Road station to get to every home game, my son lives 200 meters from there. Never had a red bull though.

Neither have I but Schache seems the type

Dodongo

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If he decided Richmond and they had pick 1 in the PSD. We would be low balled big time. So there are some benefits in having the high PSD pick.

I wonder if we as a club would benefit long term from re-drafting a player in this situation (through the PSD that is). The AFLPA would loose their s**t and we could argue back saying we are losing quality players left right and centre and have no choice to stay competitive.

We'd most likely would trade him after a year anyway and he'd be getting paid what he wants. It could force the AFL and the AFLPA to at least stop sitting on their hands and do something.

Dodongo wants to see that happen most. A line needs to be drawn in the sand.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
It's official, I'm changing my vote in the poll.

All we need now is for Josh and Tayla to become an item when they both move to Melbourne and they become champions and produce a long line of outstanding father/son, father/daughter, mother/son, mother/daughter progeny who become champions in their own right.

Most telling comment was her last
"Brisbane didn't see him as a flight risk when they drafted him"

This was why I remember we were so excited at the time. A very promising KPF who from all reports wanted to come here and was not a flight risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schache is a young impressionable 19 year old, not dealing with distraction in the slightest and said to be 'unhappy'. If Leppa is leading the charge on Richmond's behalf with phone call and text etc, and is causing this distraction and in addition Schache's form slump, then that's F**ed. It actually is hurting our on field performance, let alone it being a betrayal of sorts.

And the big factor is in or out of season, again - him talking to a young opposition player after round 23 - is fine, and is very different to calling and texting him or his manger mid season as an opposition coach causing distraction.

Personally I wouldn't be happy if I heard Fagen was personally leading the charge, mid season, in trying to poach a 19 year old from hawthorn. But knowing what Chris is like, there is NO WAY he would do that. TBH - I highly doubt Leppa would be comfortable doing that, maybe being central more meant, the central reason Josh wants to go to Richmond, as opposed to Leppa actually being on the phone to him.
And agree with the in Bold.
Guessing there is a theoretical right and a wrong way to plan a poach - the alleged above or plant the seeds with the manager early doors and then discuss in person at the end of the season. Again, rightly, wrongly, I think we would all have to be pretty naive to think that all clubs would stick to plan B if it meant missing out on getting the players signature.

alscotoz2

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure why the personal attacks at his personality.
If he was pick #2 or pick #90 if after 18 months he is feeling lost and wants to go back closer to his family does anyone blame him.
He came up here with a big rep and a lot of pressure on him.

If the tigers/Magpies/Blues pay him big $$$$ and he can go somewhere which makes him happier.
We all do it. All this talk of being loyal how many players have we &(*( over.

Yeah agreed (does the bit in bold mean ****ed over?). Loyalty, schmoyalty. Doesn't exist (any more? assumes it did in the past) and why should it. I only feel loyal to my family, that's it.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's official, I'm changing my vote in the poll.

All we need now is for Josh and Tayla to become an item when they both move to Melbourne and they become champions and produce a long line of outstanding father/son, father/daughter, mother/son, mother/daughter progeny who become champions in their own right.

hahaha best post on this thread so far.

We won't find out at the Bye. He won't risk having to do a Henderson and not fulfill a contract. He will drag it out till the last second exactly like Aish did, leaving us no chance to properly plan around his departure.
I'd expect us to prepare like he is going if he hasn't signed on by time the bye rolls around.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I can't access the full story but the headlines make for ominous reading with a strategically placed comma.

Schache set to decide future, by bye
JOSH Schache is expected to tell Brisbane if he’ll stay a Lion or leave during the club’s bye week as his manager slams rumours....

Won't let me go back and read it a 2nd time, sorry. Didn't really have any new info that wasn't in the headline though. Article is from a week ago surely it has been discussed here already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back