Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As sickening as this is to think about, looking at the game tonight, geez Collingwood could do with a player like Schache

Funny that...When Cloke left the Pies he said..."Bucks is a great fellow ... I just didn’t fit into the game structure or the game set up for the Collingwood Football Club in the end,”

Schache has to play two good games in a row before any decision can be made on him. He was utterly bereft of any confidence by the end of the season. He wasn't going for marks etc.. Plenty of reasons why this happened but he hasn't, as yet, showed he will be a league footballer, let alone, a good one.

Schache has to play two good games in a row before any decision can be made on him. He was utterly bereft of any confidence by the end of the season. He wasn't going for marks etc.. Plenty of reasons why this happened but he hasn't, as yet, showed he will be a league footballer, let alone, a good one.
It wasn't confidence that he lacked it was that as a first year KPF he was absolutely burnt out. He played the most minutes out of anyone (Lions players) I believe. The expectation at this stage is for KPF to show glimpses and to which I believe he did.

It's interesting to see the doubters come out of the woodwork and maybe that's a safety mechanism but seriously can we give the kid a break.

It wasn't confidence that he lacked it was that as a first year KPF he was absolutely burnt out. He played the most minutes out of anyone (Lions players) I believe. The expectation at this stage is for KPF to show glimpses and to which I believe he did.

It's interesting to see the doubters come out of the woodwork and maybe that's a safety mechanism but seriously can we give the kid a break.
Agree jjiami15. Schache did more than enough for his first year. He didn't just show glimpses, he showed pretty good potential and more importantly proved he is good enough to play at the highest level.

It's rewriting history to say he wasn't impressive last year. Probably only Cameron has come in and shown more in their first season as 18 year old key forwards. Hogan had a great first season, but he had already spent two years in an AFL system at that point. Hipwood was great too and has more tricks, but fpr Schache to get 17 games under the belt in a first season covering the km he did was pretty remarkable. He reads the ball well in the air, can take a contested grab can outwork the majority of defenders and he still at least 3 years away from the peak of his powers. He hadn't lost any technique in his kicking action, he was just frigging tired for the majority of shots he took so his accuracy not being at his juniors level is something that will sort itself out as his strength and fitness catch up with his work rate/effort. He is worth a lot already and this year is about solidifying that worth, if he can play 20 games and get 25-30 goals this year, with 6+ (1.5+ contested) marks per game he will be on a very impressive development curve.

I watched the suns vs lions game from round 4 last yearand Schache was immense. He only kicked 1 goal but his work around the ground was massive and was a cog in getting the win.

He will be a damn good player.

Needs to add some mongrel to his game IMO. It was a question mark I had over him even in the U18s when he out sized everyone else. He seems like a quiet bloke which is fine but the great key forwards over the years have been almost arrogant and are the first to fly the flag for their team when they are down. I just can't see that in Schache. Not saying its the only characteristic that defines an elite key forward but it seems to something that all the greats have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to add some mongrel to his game IMO. It was a question mark I had over him even in the U18s when he out sized everyone else. He seems like a quiet bloke which is fine but the great key forwards over the years have been almost arrogant and are the first to fly the flag for their team when they are down. I just can't see that in Schache. Not saying its the only characteristic that defines an elite key forward but it seems to something that all the greats have.

I think once he adds another 5-6 kilos of muscle he will be physically imposing and he does attack the ball even if he isn't so aggressive at the man.

Im over in Nepal trekking to Everest Base Camp. Just picked up my phone and thinking I may have I missed something. What is all the speculation and in some cases resignation that Schache is definitely leaving? Where did this come from? I thought he was contracted until end of year and that he had said he loves the club and was looking to mid season before signing a new deal?

Im over in Nepal trekking to Everest Base Camp. Just picked up my phone and thinking I may have I missed something. What is all the speculation and in some cases resignation that Schache is definitely leaving? Where did this come from? I thought he was contracted until end of year and that he had said he loves the club and was looking to mid season before signing a new deal?

Nah, zero content or basis here.

Lack of confidence or utterly burnt out are the same things to me. We may be in agreement

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...g-one-of-the-competitions-best-young-forwards
Sorry guys, gonna be a long year
I say that with full understanding, not trolling, as we have to put up with the Dusty comments as well

FWIW I'm not reading anything into it. We need a tall and this draft is a great year for it but I can't see us spending the currency it would take to get him to us

Unless BRAB asks, then he's definitely coming to us :p

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...g-one-of-the-competitions-best-young-forwards
Sorry guys, gonna be a long year
I say that with full understanding, not trolling, as we have to put up with the Dusty comments as well

FWIW I'm not reading anything into it. We need a tall and this draft is a great year for it but I can't see us spending the currency it would take to get him to us

Unless BRAB asks, then he's definitely coming to us :p

"Victorian club pursues out of contract Victorian"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back