Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was happily reading along in the random thread when suddenly these off topic posts came in about list management etc. Wondered why. Looked up at the title and realised that what had felt like the random thread was actually the future of josh schache thread ... sigh.

Oh and was now too late to participate with some helpfully incorrect piece of phraseology ... double sigh.

Ah well.

I was happily reading along in the random thread when suddenly these off topic posts came in about list management etc. Wondered why. Looked up at the title and realised that what had felt like the random thread was actually the future of josh schache thread ... sigh.

Oh and was now too late to participate with some helpfully incorrect piece of phraseology ... double sigh.

Ah well.
I don't know who's responsible, but ban em all I say VR. This flagrant derailing is not what my Big Football dot com is all about and it ain't never was.

Ah well.
Yeah, it's like arriving at a party and finding out that Uncle Haso has already embarrassed himself and you missed it all. Sigh

Realistically though we've only just hired a list manager who probably hasn't started yet. Why rush it if you were in his shoes?

If he 100% wanted to stay it would take the pressure off him. I would imagine the lions aren't stuffing around offering contracts that are unders and would have been in contract talks since he was drafted over a year ago. Concerns me a little. wait and see what happens

Not sure, they don't publish a list :p

I was just wondering if you remembered given you've talked to someone at the club regarding schache

Doesn't really matter though, main point is the club isn't concerned which means I should not burn my membership right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The vulnerability of the club's position to retain Josh is cause for concern - we can only hope for the best.

By comparison,last year Jacob Weitering renewed his contract with Carlton until the end of 2021 - all done and dusted.

Question for Mods - is it worth having an overall re-signing thread like last year given Cutler and McStay might generate a fair bit of chat around their impending contract expiries?

You'd hope its already 99% done.

52ac39bf968d1ce1fd3c6cba598a5487.jpg

IIRC you weren't too bullish about the chances of McCluggage hanging around... any new thoughts on that?
You'd be right with that. Truth be told haven't heard anything since, although my source was with his under 18s days. Watching him play Sunday god damn I hope I'm wrong.

Question for Mods - is it worth having an overall re-signing thread like last year given Cutler and McStay might generate a fair bit of chat around their impending contract expiries?

Fair way to go before we get to that point. Last year we had a very large number of players coming off contract and still had a bit of the spectre of the GH5 hovering above us. Only three or four major potential signees this year, so we'll at least give them a chance to sign before agonising.

Think your safe on this one Lions. Will Langford held out and had a great finals series and got more years than the Hawks have offered anyone for a while. (Not sure they got that contract right in hindsight). If he has a good year he will increase his current value. Hopefully a good outcome for him and the club. I think he will be a player (hence my interest).

Think your safe on this one Lions. Will Langford held out and had a great finals series and got more years than the Hawks have offered anyone for a while. (Not sure they got that contract right in hindsight). If he has a good year he will increase his current value. Hopefully a good outcome for him and the club. I think he will be a player (hence my interest).
So we just need to win the Premiership and everything will be sweet? We should do that, then.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back