Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a thread about Josh on the Drafts and Trading Board.
There is a thread about Josh on the Brisbane Lions Board.

Once upon a time I kept nearly unwatching the first thread due to (mostly) Tiger supporters posts (eg something along the lines of 'If Richmond want him they will get him and they will not have to pay anything for him and every other club is waiting to see whether Richmond chooses to take him before they waste their time trying until the gods have spoken') which were annoying and, as mentioned above, amazingly tone deaf!

Unfortunately there seems to have been some cross-pollination and the Tiger fungus seems to be growing over here as well :(
I find it helpful to use small higher case words when talking to them. Short sentences also help like SCHACHE NOT GO HOME. SCHACHE STAY HERE. At least if it doesn't register, it makes you feel better treating them like the neanderthals they are.:)

Disagree. Kids going 1,2,3 havent put a foot wrong. Clubs can dream they've drafted a club legend.

Two years later and the dreams have turned to dust with Schache. No upwards trajectory, serious questions on his appetite for the contest or even footy.

He is a big gamble and will be priced accordingly. Lots of clubs have recently punted on former high draft picks who have underperformed and done their dough.

My point is for pick 31 you're not really picking Watts for a huge upside. Just pretty much more of the same which is AFL standard football. He is unlikely to star but will do a job.

Yet Watts only got pick 31. There was no bidding war. Ironically in a supposedly weak draft clubs are overvaluing their picks even more than usual.

I would have taken Watts for 31 in a heartbeat.
Perhaps they have for you fella given he's not at your club. We still have dreams and hope we can turn him around next season. Assuming he stays at the Lions he has 2 years to prove he's an AFL footballer.

Perhaps I can correct the statement in bold for you:
Two years later and the dreams have turned to dust with Aish. No upwards trajectory, serious questions on his appetite for the contest or even footy.

I have no idea why collingwood and richmond muppets are on here anyway, their clubs have ruled out recruiting schache. Lower then parasites
It's a healthy counterpoint to some of the completely unrealistic assessments in this thread and it comes from supporters who don't have a dog in the fight.

Bottom line, no club is sanguine over losing a prized no.2 draft pick after only a couple of years unless they're pretty much convinced they are a bust.

All this 'concern' and 'understanding' for Schache comes across as false when compared to the rhetoric on every single other player we've seen seeking a trade out of Brisbane.

I guess that highlights the difficulty in getting a trade over the line. Our goal is to get Naish for a bundle of late picks, and we think someone (probably you) will bid on him before Pick 15.

Richmond would want 12 + Schache + 42ish... what do you think would be needed for that deal to be worth it for Brisbane?
I honestly can not see the Lions bidding on Naish. We would have far more interest in Lochie O'Brien or Matthew Ling before we considered Naish for an outside role. Pick 12 is far to early for Naish, we are more likely to target an inside mid or a HF/Mid with our pick 12.

Also, hope you genuinely understand the bid matching process now. You can only take as many picks to the draft as you have list spots. So 5 list spots equals 5 draft picks. If you plan to match a bid for Naish with multiple late picks, say 3 picks, two of those picks shuffle to the back of the draft once the bid has been matched, so while you will pick up Naish, you're last two list spots are filled with 2 kids picked at the end of the draft or un-contracted players picked at the end of the draft.

While we're at it, we're seriously concerned Richmond will bid on Ballenden. This possibility has been discussed on the board here since July.

Why are you offering pick 17 for Schache? Surely pick 15 represents fair value when considering the two first round picks you hold.

Must admit I have thought, anyone seeking to leave us in future should go home to freshen up midseason, because it has really worked with everyone showing him grace in wanting to leave, signing and wanting leave again.

We usually absolutley tear other young guys wanting to go home to shreads.

Must admit I have thought, anyone seeking to leave us in future should go home to freshen up midseason, because it has really worked with everyone showing him grace in wanting to leave, signing and wanting leave again.

We usually absolutley tear other young guys wanting to go home to shreads.
Schache is a unique situation. You simply can't file this under the Longer/Docherty/Karnesiz ect. file

Schache is a unique situation. You simply can't file this under the Longer/Docherty/Karnesiz ect. file

I'm not, but I think whats good for one should be good for the others going forward. We don't have to love them leaving, but given what we have learnt about how tough AFL can be on these young guys, we should temper our outrage and abuse of young players leaving in the future. We have shown how mature we can be. Or do you think you think only Josh deserves our compassion in this way? I for one was always embarrassed the way we carried on when young Guys wanted to leave (fans and club) and im thrilled with the new, mature approach we are taking. It will really help with retention. The whole notion we could play hard ball and scare draftees into staying because they wpuld kmow they cant just 'walk out the door' was utterly archaic and embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN just mentioned that the Bulldogs have stated they're no longer into Schache. Now all we need is for Noble to come out and say an equitable trade for Schache couldn't be agreed and he's staying, and we look forward to helping him build into he young man we all know he can be.
Not sure this is the case, and there were contradictory reports we were still chasing after that SEN report. However the way our alleged trade with the Eagles is going, I can't see us having any currency for him.

Good result for everyone - as an outsider I think you guys can and will help Josh turn it around.

Can't stop thinking about how fascinating a conundrum this is from a list management perspective for Brissy. What do you do with an asset that has a 25%(perhaps) chance of tremendous devaluation over the course of a year. I'd love to see him turn it around at Brissy - him and Hipwood could be a menace.

Can't stop thinking about how fascinating a conundrum this is from a list management perspective for Brissy. What do you do with an asset that has a 25%(perhaps) chance of tremendous devaluation over the course of a year. I'd love to see him turn it around at Brissy - him and Hipwood could be a menace.
Seems his value has already dropped significantly. And as such, it's probably not in Brisbane's best interests to move him on.

I'd love to see him turn it around at Brissy too, would love to see a high pick work out

I'd rather see what we can do with him over the next 2 years. The regret of letting him go now for a pick in the 20's and seeing him develop into a 50-goal/year forward somewhere else, is way more than the regret of keeping him and getting nothing for him later.

We didn't recruit Schache to trade him, we recruited him to be the future of our club.

I would love to see the formula and variables you used to come up with 25% (perhaps), not trying to single you out because I see it on here all the time that people pick an arbitrary % to support their position to add validity where there is none.

The truth is no one knows how Josh will respond next year either in Brisbane or a new environment. I think it was Chris Johnson who demanded a trade early in his Brisbane career, one couldn't be found and he had to settle for being a three time premiership player.

I genuinely believe the club cares about Josh's wellbeing but his future remains uncertain and could go either way.

I would love to see the formula and variables you used to come up with 25% (perhaps), not trying to single you out because I see it on here all the time that people pick an arbitrary % to support their position to add validity where there is none.

The truth is no one knows how Josh will respond next year either in Brisbane or a new environment. I think it was Chris Johnson who demanded a trade early in his Brisbane career, one couldn't be found and he had to settle for being a three time premiership player.

I genuinely believe the club cares about Josh's wellbeing but his future remains uncertain and could go either way.
So.... about a 50:50 chance then?

Yep. I've spoken to Chris Johnson a couple of times about it over the years. He was desperate to go back home at the end of his first season at the Brisbane Lions. Credits Scott Clayton for keeping him at the club.

Yep. I've spoken to Chris Johnson a couple of times about it over the years. He was desperate to go back home at the end of his first season at the Brisbane Lions. Credits Scott Clayton for keeping him at the club.
IMO if Josh ends up sticking it out with us it will be the making of him as an independent, resilient young person off field and a player on field. Plenty of young people have moved away from home in everyday life and been extremely homesick but have stuck it out and never regretted it when looking back in hindsight years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back