Portfolio Future of the AFL (2030)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
Now before we get into the Final year, we have to go through some teams that aren't involved in the timeline that much.
Geelong Cats
Home Ground: Kardinia Park (45,000)
Training/ Reserves Ground: Deakin University/ Kardinia Park Precinct
View attachment 569838

With the New Facilities Built at Deakin and at Kardinia Park, Geelong are in a great state. With sold out games at Kardinia Park and no need to play any games at the 'G' (which includes Finals), Geelong's wealth and supporter base has grown drastically. Currently playing in the 1st division, Geelong are ready to pounce on the Premiership Cup.

Richmond Tigers
Home Ground: MCG (100,000)
Training/ Reserves Ground: Punt Road Oval
View attachment 569843

After Richmond's Premiership success in 2017, it hasn't been so happy in Tiger land. After losing the 2019 and 2020 Grand Finals, Richmond were relegated down to Division 2 in 2024. While still playing at the 'G' and still having 70,000+ members, the Tigers are stuck in Division 2 and are not looking to go up anytime soon.

Essendon Bombers
Home Ground: Docklands Stadium (50,000)
Training/ Reserves Ground: The Hanger/ Windy Hill
View attachment 569850

The Bombers are one of the clubs that keep on going up and down in the Divisions. While having a good run in Division 1 for 3 years, the Bombers are currently looking for Promotion. With Huge upgrades to the Hanger and to Windy Hill to accomodate their AFLW and reserves teams. With a great young list and looking for promotion, the future is bright for the Baby Bombers.
I particularly like the cat and tiger heads :thumbsu:

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
Cairns Crocodiles
Home Ground: Cazaly's Stadium (30,000)
Secondary Home Ground: Riverway Stadium (Townsville) (20,000)
Training/ Reserves Ground: Cairns Showgrounds
CairnsCFull@0,3x.jpg

Now we're down to the final 2 teams. Firstly we have the Cairns Crocodiles. This team was founded by the cities of Cairns and Townsville to get a team to North Queensland. This all came due to the success of games played by the Suns in Cairns at Cazaly's Stadium. The Bid included massive upgrades to Cazaly's Stadium in Cairns to be the teams main home ground and Riverway Stadium in Townsville to have 3-5 home games played there every year. Their colour scheme and jumpers is based of the Cowboy's in the NRL. The team is based out of the Cairns Showgrounds. This team has been a great success in there first year competing. This is truely the North's team.

North Sydney Knights
Home Ground: North Sydney Oval (20,000)
Secondary Home Ground: National Park (Newcastle) (15,000)
Training/ Reserves Ground: North Sydney Oval No. 2
NorthSydneyKFull@0,3x.jpg

With a massive growth in Sydney's North and increased number of people playing in AFL over NRL, North Sydney put in a bid back in 2027 for an AFL team. This bid was helped by an upgrade to North Sydney Oval by NSW Cricket. This included a 20,000 seat stadium for the cities 3rd Big Bash Team and new facilities for Cricket, and now with the bid AFL. This bid was a massive success and the team was going to represent everything from North Sydney to the boarder with Queensland and this includes Newcastle. They play 3-4 home games a year in Newcastle to try and increase the interest for AFL up there. With there first season being a success off the field but not on the field, we'll just need to see what happens in the future for this club.

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
I'm going to do more of these Realistic Future League Portfolios. Here is what I will be doing next.
WAFLLogo@0,5x.jpg

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
That looks awfully familiar...
Yeah I know. I was going to try and avoid doing a similar design. To be fair, mine is slimmer, not on an angle and the bit in the middle is taller than the bits on the side.
Should I redesign it?

Yeah I know. I was going to try and avoid doing a similar design. To be fair, mine is slimmer, not on an angle and the bit in the middle is taller than the bits on the side.
Should I redesign it?
I'd go for something completely different

Oct 15, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fulham FC, Real Madrid

North Sydney Knights
Home Ground: North Sydney Oval (20,000)
Secondary Home Ground: National Park (Newcastle) (15,000)
Training/ Reserves Ground: North Sydney Oval No. 2
View attachment 571859

With a massive growth in Sydney's North and increased number of people playing in AFL over NRL, North Sydney put in a bid back in 2027 for an AFL team. This bid was helped by an upgrade to North Sydney Oval by NSW Cricket. This included a 20,000 seat stadium for the cities 3rd Big Bash Team and new facilities for Cricket, and now with the bid AFL. This bid was a massive success and the team was going to represent everything from North Sydney to the boarder with Queensland and this includes Newcastle. They play 3-4 home games a year in Newcastle to try and increase the interest for AFL up there. With there first season being a success off the field but not on the field, we'll just need to see what happens in the future for this club.
that sword/sash is pure genius.

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
October 2030
There has been rumours in the Communities of Perth and Adelaide that the AFL has Purchased the WAFL and the SANFL. There has been no offical announcement yet but my sources tell me that the WAFL and SANFL teams will enter the AFL's new Division system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back