Future of the Footy Club

I am also aware that the might East Coast Eagles ground is at Kanebridge Oval Rouse Hill; ditto Kellyville Rouse Hill JFC- but this Oval is just outside the boundary of the Parra LGA. Many players would live, however, on the Parra side of Baulkham Hills.
Can anyone advise on the approx. no. of players- inc.the JFC Auskick- in each of these 2 clubs?)
I'm not going to do all your legwork for you, but pursuant to this - I live in Parramatta Council. My daughter just started Auskick. The two options close to us? North Ryde Dockers (Ryde Council) and Pennant Hills (Hornsby). The next two are Cherrybrook (Hills) and then finally the Parramatta Lions in Parramatta itself. I suspect that in her figures we don't count towards Parramatta participation.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Am concerned that GWS and Greater Western Sydney is being used less and less in our media releases etc.
Tying this in with more sponsorships and games to Canberra.

Yet they wonder why Western Sydney is dropping off.

They shouldn’t be concerned with being everything for everyone.

Just be a club for Western Sydney.

If they don’t want that let us know and we can make up our own minds.

TP86

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As I previously said, have a reasonable conversation or don't post on this board.
Why is your club a vacuous and unquestioning proxy for Essendon?

• Gave Sheedy a few years of super
  • Regularly do trades with Dodoro
  • Going to appoint Hird as coach to assist his image rehab

Are you your own club or merely a colonial outpost to do favours for the Bombers?

Didn’t even realise you’d appointed MARK MCVEIGH as interim…wow. One of the most toxic kool-aid drinkers of the supplements saga whose comments about Kyle Reimers aged like milk. GWS didn’t just attempt to rehab the reputation of another Bomber, you’ve made him your head coach. At this point may as well turn the orange to red and the charcoal to black and call yourselves Essendon B.

Didn’t even realise you’d appointed MARK MCVEIGH as interim…wow. One of the most toxic kool-aid drinkers of the supplements saga whose comments about Kyle Reimers aged like milk. GWS didn’t just attempt to rehab the reputation of another Bomber, you’ve made him your head coach. At this point may as well turn the orange to red and the charcoal to black and call yourselves Essendon B.
Someone really needs to call the Fixated Persons Unit... :D

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
The crowd for the Eagles game was 5,057. Against the Suns it was 4,014.

These figures are thousands and thousands below the pre-COVID averages for either opponent. Even the numbers against Carlton were below-average, and Blues fans probably accounted for more than half the crowd.

Yet the club boasts about a record memberhsip of 30,861. I'd like to know exactly how many Sydney Gold, Silver, Ultimate Giant, and 11 Game GA members we have, because something's not adding up.

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
The crowd for the Eagles game was 5,057. Against the Suns it was 4,014.

These figures are thousands and thousands below the pre-COVID averages for either opponent. Even the numbers against Carlton were below-average, and Blues fans probably accounted for more than half the crowd.

Yet the club boasts about a record memberhsip of 30,861. I'd like to know exactly how many Sydney Gold, Silver, Ultimate Giant, and 11 Game GA members we have, because something's not adding up.
Crowds across the board are down. It was forecast to rain all afternoon and WCE are up there with how bad we were 10 years ago and the suns don’t have much in the way of Sydney support. We aren’t travelling as well as we have for the past 6 years either. We aren’t unique it just stands out more because of a lower starting point.

As a side note my 4yo son loved his first game of live footy. Want to go to the footy again today. Lol

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
I don't think members necessarily correlate into crowd numbers.
For example; 4 members in my family, only 2 of us could make it Sunday. Only 50% turnout of Agletts :p
I'd say there are more than a few corporate members that may have other things to do the day after a national election.

We are missing out on the casual supporters. Mostly due to zero advertising.
Also, if you are a casual supporter are you going to come out to watch 15th placed Giants vs Cold Toast or last-placed Weagles? Prolly not.
You'd pick a bigger game or more interesting opponent.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
All the best evwryone.

The best bunch of supporters in the league.

Been told since day dot that we are fake, AFL bots, dont exist.
But we fought the good fight.

The club isn’t what I thought it would be.

A club that represented Western Sydney proudly.
It’s ditched the name, signed extensions for Canberra. Seems to not give a rats about the place, and that’s not why I hopped on board.

Just like with the Tigers in League would happily support them coming last if they stayed true to what they were promised. But they arent.

Good luck and to those who will follow them enjoy and all the best.

Nov 26, 2016
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All the best evwryone.

It’s ditched the name, signed extensions for Canberra. Seems to not give a rats about the place, and that’s not why I hopped on board.

Just like with the Tigers in League would happily support them coming last if they stayed true to what they were promised. But they arent.

Are there new developments I've missed? Or just a feel of the general trajectory?

The four games in Canberra sucks from a Sydney perspective, but it's just to make up for last season, I assumed it was going back to three from next season.

And the Canberra extension was always going to happen. It being extended for only five years (from what I've heard), to me, implies there's less long-term commitment to Canberra than previously.

I haven't heard anything about a name change, but I heard in the Here Come The Giants podcast that the plan was always to grow "The Giants" brand rather than the "GWS" brand (hence Giants Stadium etc). Personally, I think there should be more focus on the GWS name. I didn't like it, and thought it was clunky at first, but it's now so well known and unique.

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
All the best evwryone.

Hey, don't go GG. It won't be the same without you.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
All the best evwryone.

Say it ain’t so GG.

Take a ‘pause that refreshes’, but leave the door open for your triumphant return.

You’re the man!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
The four games in Canberra sucks from a Sydney perspective, but it's just to make up for last season, I assumed it was going back to three from next season.

And the Canberra extension was always going to happen. It being extended for only five years (from what I've heard), to me, implies there's less long-term commitment to Canberra than previously.

The arrival of TAS, and possibly NT, will generate more home and away games.

Plus, I expect the new AFL CEO will move to more, shorter matches.

The TV dollars are driven primarily by number of games rather than game length.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back