Resource 2021 AFL Draft Order

See OP for details: click here

For 2022 picks click here

To embed this spreadsheet elsewhere on the forum please use the code below:
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1E0oLMec2NV4YzS4OlWNu_b7RSm3D5jxoa3kZ2d_-gj8[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
I see :westcoast: still have their 3rd (49). Did this pick not go to :brisbane:? I appreciate your efforts. Thanks 👏
Which trade did you think that was involved with?

There are trades still being processed, and this spreadsheet only deals with future picks fyi

Blueeygrey

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Coorow Magpies
Which trade did you think that was involved with?

There are trades still being processed, and this spreadsheet only deals with future picks fyi
I believe it was the Witherden trade. AFL House: "The Brisbane Lions trade Alex Witherden and Rd 5 (86) to the West Coast Eagles for Rd 3 (58) and Future Rd 3 Selection". I think you adjusted the table, but it has since reverted. I assume it was WC's 3rd selection.

I believe it was the Witherden trade. AFL House: "The Brisbane Lions trade Alex Witherden and Rd 5 (86) to the West Coast Eagles for Rd 3 (58) and Future Rd 3 Selection". I think you adjusted the table, but it has since reverted. I assume it was WC's 3rd selection.

Ah right, I see what happened. Thanks :)

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 21.26.45.png

Don't Geelong have Essendon's 2nd, via GWS - Caldwell - Cameron, and GWS' 2nd?
Still waiting on AFLHQ to publish the official trade information.

There was a hold up last night with GWS, Essendon and Geelong submitting paperwork regarding Cameron and Caldwell, some submitted it as a three-way trade and some as two separate trades, so they had to figure out what it was supposed to be and get it done. The Hind deal was submitted after that and couldn't be processed until the others had.

It seems the AFLHQ's spokesperson went to bed while they figured out which picks went where, because it's now after 9.30am the day after and we still don't have official confirmation. I'll finish updating the spreadsheet when they tell me who has what.

Speculative update: Stephenson, Caldwell, Cameron
I've made a duplicate of the spreadsheet just as a 'for now' until we can get proper confirmation.

Speculative update includes:

Correction: Jaidyn Stephenson and Atu Bosenavalugi (Collingwood) to North Melbourne with #39 in exchange for #26, #33, #70. (i.e. #70 in 2020, not Brisbane's future 4th that North had.)

Jye Caldwell (GWS) to Essendon with #44 and #74 in exchange for #29 and a future 2nd round pick (tied to Essendon)

Jeremy Cameron (GWS) to Geelong with two future 2nd round picks (tied to GWS and Essendon) in exchange for #13, #15, #20 and a future 4th round pick (tied to Geelong)

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 14.08.05.png

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Jeremy Cameron (GWS) to Geelong with two future 2nd round picks (tied to GWS and Essendon) in exchange for #13, #15, #20 and a future 4th round pick (tied to Geelong)

View attachment 1010869
With the Cats-Giants trade for Jeremy Cameron, the Geelong future fourth round pick (#72) is bolded but didn't actually move to GWS.

Thanks for all your efforts, Lore. It must be a pain working with the numpties at AFL House.

With the Cats-Giants trade for Jeremy Cameron, the Geelong future fourth round pick (#72) is bolded but didn't actually move to GWS.

Thanks for all your efforts, Lore. It must be a pain working with the numpties at AFL House.
Good catch, legacy bug. According to the spreadsheet it was traded back to Geelong during the 2020 national draft, which of course hasn't happened yet :sweatsmile:

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 22.48.21.png

I think Collingwood have the Dogs's 2nd rounder, not the other way around.
Are you looking at the pinned spreadsheet or the last screenshot? The pinned spreadsheet is only updated when AFL HQ confirm via their official twitter account, they still haven't confirmed Caldwell, Cameron or Hind deals yet. Seems they packed up their bat and ball and went home at about 8.30 last night and didn't bother to finish the job when they got in this morning.

The last screenshot is from a duplication of the normal spreadsheet and shows what the picks should be based on the trade tracker information, but I don't like to rely on that as it's inaccurate far too often!

AFL House Twitter still not tweeted Hind, Cameron and Caldwell deals.
I reckon since they've been doing overtime for the last ten days the spokesperson must've taken TIL today and turned it into a long weekend. Rude though.

Are you looking at the pinned spreadsheet or the last screenshot? The pinned spreadsheet is only updated when AFL HQ confirm via their official twitter account, they still haven't confirmed Caldwell, Cameron or Hind deals yet. Seems they packed up their bat and ball and went home at about 8.30 last night and didn't bother to finish the job when they got in this morning.

The last screenshot is from a duplication of the normal spreadsheet and shows what the picks should be based on the trade tracker information, but I don't like to rely on that as it's inaccurate far too often!

I was looking at the "Draft order" tab in the actual spreadsheet, no screenshots. The 2nd round pick we are talking is related to the Treloar deal, and has been tweeted by AFL House

This is what I see in the spreadsheet. I think I'm interpreting it correctly when I say it's showing Collingwood's second round pick now belongs to the Dogs. Whereas based on the tweet, I think pick 30 (Dogs) should now belong to Collingwood.
1605493837496.png

1605493808843.png

I was looking at the "Draft order" tab in the actual spreadsheet, no screenshots. The 2nd round pick we are talking is related to the Treloar deal, and has been tweeted by AFL House

This is what I see in the spreadsheet. I think I'm interpreting it correctly when I say it's showing Collingwood's second round pick now belongs to the Dogs. Whereas based on the tweet, I think pick 30 (Dogs) should now belong to Collingwood.
View attachment 1012469
View attachment 1012468

Ah right I see what you mean. I wrote the formula backwards 😂 It's something I fixed in the speculative version but not the stickied/embedded one. Fixed.

With yours are you using media reports or just official confirmation?

So far I've only posted screenshots of the speculative one while we wait for official confirmation of the last three trades, but if you want to cross-check you can log in to the one linked below (you'll need to copy&paste it into your browser, if I post the link directly it tries to embed):

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sAMc7NpBu4BkiKQtaqrd2ouhBQ9rC4W0SfycEaUpRM8/edit?usp=sharing

Dont know if this helps

Rightfully, the Giants were beating their chests about being the first club in history to score three first-round picks in exchange for a player.

They then outlined the Caldwell trade to Essendon, explaining how the Giants received pick 29 and a future second-pick which was then on-traded to Geelong as part of the “historic deal”.

What was missing was the other pick they passed onto Geelong, their own future second round selection for 2021.

Conspiracy theorists would suggest this was a set play to make the deal sound even better than it was for their non-AFL audience in Sydney.

Conspiracy theorists would suggest this was a set play to make the deal sound even better than it was for their non-AFL audience in Sydney.
That's not unusual, which is why I try not to rely on club's publicity for information 😛

They'd be pretty dumb then (I guess that goes without saying given they're conspiracy theorists), because literally every club talks their return up in the best fashion and on top of that it's also how the media portrays every trade.

When Collingwood traded Beams to the Lions, they claimed it was a "multi-club megadeal" that included Greenwood to make it look better.

Plenty of clubs have talked up trading away a player for "multiple first round picks" when they sent a second round or other picks away to facilitate getting those first round picks back. Sounds better than "a first round pick and some pick upgrades".

Hell, the AFL headline for the Dees/Lions trade this year was "Dees nab two first-round picks in blockbuster swap with Lions". No mention that the Demons gave up next year's first round pick and pick 25 (only six picks behind one of those first round picks) in the trade.

Official updates on Caldwell and Cameron trades
Managed to dig something official out of Pat Keane, who used to be the AFL's media relations guy for like 20 years and now works in the office of the CEO. Seems more responsive than the actual media relations person...

Jye Caldwell (GWS) traded to Essendon with #44 and #74 for #29 and future 2nd (tied to Essendon)

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 11.22.39.png

Jeremy Cameron (GWS) traded with future 2nd (tied to GWS) and future 2nd (tied to Essendon) in exchange for #13, #15, #20 and a future 4th round pick (tied to Geelong).

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 11.27.18.png

TheTassieHawk

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If so it is a massive waste of time as a non AFL audience wouldn’t care in the slightest how many draft picks the Giants received in the deal and most would be lucky to even know who Jeremy Cameron is or who he was traded to.

If so it is a massive waste of time as a non AFL audience wouldn’t care in the slightest how many draft picks the Giants received in the deal and most would be lucky to even know who Jeremy Cameron is or who he was traded to.
In this case it's Cameron but the same thing has happened with other clubs before. When you look at how Collingwood has been smashed in the last few weeks, their total lack of PR during that period and the likely toll that will take, it's not surprising that clubs try to control the narrative a bit.

You'd probably get some identification of Jezza, but you're right on the draft picks. Most probably would go "didn't he leave because he's a free agent".

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Managed to dig something official out of Pat Keane, who used to be the AFL's media relations guy for like 20 years and now works in the office of the CEO. Seems more responsive than the actual media relations person...

Jye Caldwell (GWS) traded to Essendon with #44 and #74 for #29 and future 2nd (tied to Essendon)

View attachment 1013777

Jeremy Cameron (GWS) traded with future 2nd (tied to GWS) and future 2nd (tied to Essendon) in exchange for #13, #15, #20 and a future 4th round pick (tied to Geelong).

View attachment 1013781

That's still bolding Geelong's pick #72, but leaving it with the Cats, not moving it to GWS Lore . :think:

That's still bolding Geelong's pick #72, but leaving it with the Cats, not moving it to GWS Lore . :think:
Oh ffs 🤦‍♀️ It's the same error as before! Didn't save properly or something. Fixed. (Again.)

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 20.16.31.png

Geelong Has Melbs original 3rd round pick 47 acquired from Brisbane for Cockatoo.
Another one that worked initially and then the edit was reverted at some point.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 20.51.53.png

Pick swap: Sydney trade Pick 31 to Carlton for Pick 48 and a 2021 3rd round pick (tied to Carlton)
Pick swap: Sydney trade Pick 31 to Carlton for Pick 48 and a 2021 3rd round pick (tied to Carlton)

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 17.27.56.png

Back