Future picks protection

Remove this Banner Ad

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
The only player I would use two first round draft picks on is Gary Ablett Snr. Seriously good player, probably still do better than Cloke would if he pulled the boots back on this week end.

The only player I would use two first round draft picks on is Gary Ablett Snr. Seriously good player, probably still do better than Cloke would if he pulled the boots back on this week end.
Really? Probably at least 10 players going around right now I'd happily pay two 5 - 10 picks for. Off the top of my head:

Treloar
Fyfe
Pendlebury
Bontempelli
Stringer
Cripps
Weitering (by the looks of it)
Dangerfield
Hannebery
Wingard
Shiel
Nic Nat
Hogan

Thats leaving out better players who might be slightly too old. High picks are always hit and miss, just ask GWS or us in 2013

Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Worst post you've ever read...... Hmmm... You quite obviously don't proof read your own.

DeGoey should be a great player - agree. But it isn't set in stone. Whose to say Shaz will ever come good (i.e. Rustling), and Aish is still an unknown quantity. I say again, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

You are a bit of a "This is what will happen" without any actual knowledge of what will happen past what any of us can see. So great, make your predictions... and if you get them right, then be a hindsight hero like you also enjoy being quite regularly. But don't come on here and say that getting Treloar was a mistake. The kid has better stats than Gaz junior at the same age and would be almost leading the Copeland.
I call bullsh!t

(he's definitely leading the Copeland)

Both had Serious Injuries
A lot of players have had serious injuries. The only relevant ones are the ones who've had two ACL injuries when comparing with Berg. Patton, for example, or Menzel.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looks that way. Because we're well on our way to the number 1 draft pick.

GWS would be laughing their heads off at making the 8 and still scoring the number 1 pick. They'll be trading partners for life with us after the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Surely drafting sharenberg and freeman at 5 and 10 shows how fickle picks can be
Or that our recruiting isn't as good as we thought?

LOL - maybe as a true supporter you should have sent Derek your crystal ball so he could see the future injuries these players would sustain.
Seriously - please explain how these injuries place the competence of our recruiters in doubt.

It is Collingwood's fault that Collingwood is giving up a top 5 pick for Treloar rather than a top 10/15 pick.

Yes - We thought we are a Finals Team but look Bottom 6 Side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back