Future picks protection

Remove this Banner Ad

Not having a sook. And wrapt to have Treloar. Was just wondering.

Doesn't surprise me the AFL didn't set something like this up, watch it come in next year though just to shove it right up us.

GWS is only going to spend it on their Academy players, so it's not like we were losing that much. They will have one that will get bidded on in the first couple of picks.

Who cares, all we need is Daicos and Brown. First isn't and won't be needed.
It's a hell of a lot more complicated to pick up Father-son players now. We'll be wasting more picks.

It's a hell of a lot more complicated to pick up Father-son players now. We'll be wasting more picks.
It's really not that complicated. I couldn't give to shits if we waste more picks. As long as we get both

It's really not that complicated. I couldn't give to shits if we waste more picks. As long as we get both
So we'll be giving up 6-8 picks for just two players? I'd rather not.

Last edited:
Where does the improvement come from if we finish bottom 3 and don't get a pick 3 and pick 20 something after not getting a pick inside the top 30 in 2015 and finishing low on the ladder? Fail to see us being a top 4 team in 2017.

Correct, Bucks and Dek believe the current list is the team that will take CFC forward. Last year they ignored the talent in draft and this years draft, strategically targeting top up players they believed would fill certain deficiencies and steer the club towards finals. With injuries to key personnel and a number of players out of form they might have made a mistake but time will reveal all. The only way I see them bringing in talent this year is through free agency. Obviously not forgetting the development of a couple of father sons.

So we could've potentially traded the number 1 draft pick for Treloar as well as last years first round pick. Wow.

Our last 3 top ten picks have been shaz, Freeman and De goey. Add Aish in just for fun.
I'd almost give all of them up for a genuine gun in Treloar.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our last 3 top ten picks have been shaz, Freeman and De goey. Add Aish in just for fun.

Harsh on Freeman and Schaz because of Injuries. Both be nice In the Side with what they Both Offer

You'd give away Aish Degoey (who will be star) freeman and Shaz for Treloar? Worst post I've ever read. Club would be under performing for 10 years

Correct, Bucks and Dek believe the current list is the team that will take CFC forward. Last year they ignored the talent in draft and this years draft, strategically targeting top up players they believed would fill certain deficiencies and steer the club towards finals. With injuries to key personnel and a number of players out of form they might have made a mistake but time will reveal all. The only way I see them bringing in talent this year is through free agency. Obviously not forgetting the development of a couple of father sons.
Treloar and Aish are like 22 and 21. Hardly as though we've thrown out all the youth and gone for mid range 30 year old spuds

You'd have to say most of the footy world agreed at the time.

GWS is only going to spend it on their Academy players, so it's not like we were losing that much. They will have one that will get bidded on in the first couple of picks.

No they will get a top pick from us & use it on a a gun kid & trade out their unwanted trash & exchange picks in order to get enough points for their academy kids. They will get the best of both worlds.

No they will get a top pick from us & use it on a a gun kid & trade out their unwanted trash & exchange picks in order to get enough points for their academy kids. They will get the best of both worlds.
They are going to need a lot of points this year I think they have about 4 kids atm that are looking at being in the first couple of rounds. Someone will bid on MacReadie in the first couple of selection at the rate he's going. I guess time will tell though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back