Future Picks: Who should you barrack against?

Remove this Banner Ad

We now have a spreadsheet that will track the value of traded future picks over the course of the 2020 season.

It is auto-updating based on week-to-week ladder changes, re-sorting itself as the ladder and draft order changes during the season.

The 2019 ladder is used as a base line for what might have been expected at the time of the trade.

• The first tab is summarised by club with the overall change in value of any future picks that they have acquired.
  • The second tab sorts the picks by the relative change in value based on the current ladder compared to the value based on the 2019 ladder positions.
  • The last tab is a chronological list of all 2020 picks that were traded in 2019, so that you can find what picks you have and which trade you got them from.
For the 2020 draft order in full, please see the 2020 Draft Order thread (also pinned to the top of this board):

Discussion threads for each of the 2019 trades are in the sub-board, if you wish to go into a bit more detail about winners and losers of each trade:

@ me if there are any errors, suggestions or improvements :)

Not involved with Adelaide this year but i can't drop the habit, i'll be death riding them again.
It’s a tough call. My initial thought was that they will finish one spot above you on the ladder.

But then started second guessing myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think you will go alright this year, got a lot of good young talent and what looks like a good coach. I just can't let go.

Should be interesting year for both clubs. You guys should climb a few spots as long as Curnow and McKay can get some fitness in before the season starts.

A long year for us but will be exciting to see some youngsters get a run

Just out of curiosity, do you have the Western Bulldogs on you chart?

Can't seem to find them, sorry to be difficult.

Round 2, 2020
Bump. Live ladder is more interesting when the season is on :)

Currently North is doing the worst on this, but that's mostly because they have Melbourne's first round pick and the difference in value between pick 2 and pick 5 is considerable. I don't think they'll mind too much, since they're 2nd on the ladder themselves.

The Lions are in a similar situation with Port Adelaide's pick currently being 19, rather than 9.

Adelaide and Geelong on the other hand stand to benefit from GWS, West Coast and the Western Bulldogs not performing as well at the start of this year as they did last year.

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 5.34.35 pm.png

Last edited:
That was saints grand final

Welcome to spoon number 53 you bastards

Can put them in a cupboard with the 66 cup when you fold with the picture of the skipper in a Collingwood jumper

Number 1 with 11th ranked, feels alright.

Spank Freo this week and it'll improve.

That was saints grand final

Welcome to spoon number 53 you bastards

Can put them in a cupboard with the 66 cup when you fold with the picture of the skipper in a Collingwood jumper

We’ve relaxed the rules in this thread, but that doesn’t mean shitposting Bay 13 style.

Do better next time thanks. Maybe try elevate the posting style from kindergarten to primary school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back