NCAA Future Schedules

Huge announcement today

2x Defending National Champion Alabama will play 3x defending BigTen Champion (yeah, sounds more impressive than it is) Wisconsin in Cowboys Stadium to open up the 2015 season.

Are there any games you want to see?

Some I'd like to see
1. Texas A&M vs Notre Dame - You have the spread gun and shoot offence vs traditional smashmouth offence and a great defence.
2. Utah vs Alabama - Can Utah get the upset again?
3. Georgia Tech vs Air Force - The 2 best flexibone offences in football.
4. Nevada vs Duke - The original pistol offence vs the copycat.
5. Boise State vs Oklahoma - Just wanna see that game again (ps. I didnt want to include it here, but I wanted to round out a 5 and nothing really jumped into my head)

Oh, and bring on 2014. Michigan vs Appalachian State. Can the Mountaineers do it again?

tb_fanboy

Cancelled
NFL Prediction Comp Participant
Mar 1, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Denver, UO, NY
Oregon vs Boise St is what I want to see

and Oregon vs Alabama
LSU v Notre Dame
Clemson vs LSU (again, can't remember the name of the bowl they played but it was one of the best games)

And the game I'm most looking forward to as a neutral is the SEC championship game, hopefully a repeat of Alabama and Georgia

usalion

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts NFL Board HoF
Oct 5, 2004
Athens, GA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sunderland
Chick fil'A Bowl for the two Tigers.....

SEC will, as usual, be a dogfight. Alabama loaded, of course, but georgia has some major holes on defense to fill. Would not count on a repeat.

Nah, give me a Texas A&M vs Missouri SEC Championship game ;)
These guys will show the SEC what a real offense is ;)

In all seriousness. If Alabama show up there's no stopping them.
If they don't show up however, they'll drop down to the level of LSU/Texas A&M/Arkansas (if they rebound with a coach who knows what he's doing) and be in a dogfight for the SEC Championship.
East is too hard to predict. Florida/South Carolina/Georgia. Any can win it.

If you want a defensive brawl - Cheer for Alabama and Florida
If you want an offensive shootout - Cheer for Texas A&M and South Carolina (Would say Missouri, but lets be honest, they're no chance)
If you want a balanced team - Cheere for Arkansas and Georgia

Dont check for one day and a few announcements come up

1) Mississippi State vs UT (as in Tennessee) Martin for 2014 (yeah, when I first heard about Boise State vs UT Martin in 2013. I thought Texas, dont want to confuse you too)
2) Kansas State vs Central Arkansas in 2017 (why can't it be @ Central Arkansas, I wanna see a game on the Purple and silver turf!!!!)

And according to my facebook news feed

3) Boise State vs Louisiana-Lafayette (2014) and @ Louisiana-Lafayette (2016)

Boise State has now completed 3 of our next 5 OOC schedules. Just need 1 more (probably away) in 2014 and 1 more (probably home) in 2015.

Just announced.
Boise State @ UConn (2014)
Boise State vs UConn (2018)

Now got 4 of our next 5 schedules completed.
And with 2015 just standing there with no open games until 2018. I'm leaning towards a big one off neutral game.

I'm making it no secret that I want Boise State, in the chick-fil-a kickoff match, vs LSU.
All that needs to be done: LSU moves their Jacksonville State game to another date (which is easy, FCS schools are used to it all the time)

Arizona-BYU 1-1-1 series (though in reality it's a 2-1 series)

2016 - "neutral" In the UNiversity of Pheonix stadium
2018 - Arizona Stadium
2020 - LaVell Stadium

I like the series, but surely BYU could've gotten a simple 1 and 1.

Few announcements today

Notre Dame home games
Louisville (2014)
North Carolina (2014)
Wake Forest (2014)
Boston College (2015)
Georgia Tech (2015)
Duke (2016)
Miami (Fl) (2016)
Virginia Tech (2016)

Notre Dame away games
Florida State (2014)
Syracuse (2014)
Clemson (2015)
Pittsburgh (2015)
Virginia (2015)
NC State (2016)
Syracuse (2016)

Other games

USF vs Maryland - 2014
Maryland vs USF - 2015
Wisconsin vs USF - 2014
USF vs Wisconsin - 2017

2014 - New Mexico State @ LSU
2015 - Temple @ UMass
2017 - UMass @ Temple
2018 - Boise State @ Oklahoma State
2021 - Oklahoma State @ Boise State

ok questions

1) I thought College was usually Saturdays but these games are Friday nights, is that right?
2) Of these games which is the best to go to? From what I'm reading Auburn @ Georgia seems the go. I'll be driving around the south in that time so any game is feasible.

Nov. 15
Mississippi State at Alabama
LSU at Arkansas
Auburn at Georgia
Kentucky at Tennessee

ok questions

1) I thought College was usually Saturdays but these games are Friday nights, is that right?
2) Of these games which is the best to go to? From what I'm reading Auburn @ Georgia seems the go. I'll be driving around the south in that time so any game is feasible.

Nov. 15
Mississippi State at Alabama
LSU at Arkansas
Auburn at Georgia
Kentucky at Tennessee
Yes, college is usually Saturdays, but due to TV in recent times, more and more games are creeping onto Fridays and even Thursdays. Especially later in the season. Look at Thanksgiving weekend, most games are actually on the Friday, rather than the Saturday.

On which is the best game to attend, depends what you want. If you want an almost certain tight game, go Kentucky @ Tennessee. They're evenly matched teams but both s**t.

If you want atmosphere, go LSU @ Arkansas, with the exception of Alabama to LSU and Texas A&M to Arkansas, they're each others greatest rivals. LSU would've killed them in 2012 as Arkansas collapsed post Petrino, but they have the talent and if their new coach is any good, they should rebound to make this great.

Same with Auburn, if they rebound it could be a great game. But the atmosphere in Athens probably wont be at the same level as that of the LSU @ Arkansas game.

Don't bother with Mississippi State @ Alabama. No rivalry, no contest.

EDIT: I just double checked. November the 15th is a Friday in 2013, but the games you're quoting are the 2014 schedule which seems to be a Saturday. Which season are you looking at travelling?

The 2013 games on the 16th for SEC play are
Alabama @ Mississippi State
Georgia @ Auburn
Kentucky @ Vanderbilt
Florida @ South Carolina
Ole Miss @ Troy (SBC)

If it's 2013 you're looking at, I'd go Florida @ South Carolina (if you can do it on a Saturday)

If it's 2013, another game that might be interesting viewing would be Georgia Tech @ Clemson on the Thursday.
However, if you despise the triple option offence, avoid it at all costs. The Yellow Jackets are one of 5 teams who use this as their base offence. Clemson on the other hand have one of the most explosive offences in college football.

I just want to go to a college game in the south really. Not fussed about what teams play what offense etc but I don't want to go to some s**t hick town college. I think the games I'll look at are the following since I'm driving from Dallas > Atlanta> and maybe Charlotte

Georgia @ Auburn
Florida @ South Carolina

I just want to go to a college game in the south really. Not fussed about what teams play what offense etc but I don't want to go to some s**t hick town college. I think the games I'll look at are the following since I'm driving from Dallas > Atlanta> and maybe Charlotte

Georgia @ Auburn
Florida @ South Carolina
You're in the SEC dominated Bible Belt, they're all like that ;)

In all seriousness, all should be good atmospheres on game days.

Georgia @ Auburn

Cons
  • 2 hour detour between Dallas-Atlanta.
  • It's a "s**t hick town college". The town houses 56k, with 26k being students and staff.
  • Auburn's coming off a 3-9 (0-8 SEC play) season. Georgia on the other hand are coming off a 12-2 (7-1 SEC play) season, so the mismatch might make the game a bore.
Pros
  • Great traditional rivalry, also known as "The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry" (116 games in 121 years, splitting series 54-54-8)
Cons
  • It's a "s**t hick town college" with the student body and staff having more people than Starkville's population.
  • Lopsided series, always has been, always will be (Alabama leads series 77-17-3) - Mississippi State has only had 2, 3 game winning streaks (1912-14, 1996-98)
Pros
  • Only an extra 20M driving between Dallas-Atlanta.
Florida @ South Carolina
Cons
  • If Charlotte doesn't make the final cut of the planned trip, it's a 7 hour (3.5 each way), there and back again trip from Atlanta
Pros
  • If you do decide to go to Charlotte, Columbia is on one of the 2 main roads there (230M via Greenville, 290M via Columbia)
  • Is the Fremantle-West Coast of the SEC. IE. No history between each other, then a bore for a few years. Only to fire up when the new team (Fremantle/South Carolina) finally became competitive, since becoming fierce.
  • Columbia is actually a proper city so you can fill in the day doing stuff.
Pros for all
  • Being proper college cities, you'll get a true tailgating experience (You think USC-UCLA was great? This'll be better!). You could get a free feed and can probably get smashed pre-game if you so desired just by going around from BBQ to BBQ.

I'm going to Charlotte regardless for MNF (NE@CAR) but want to stop by Atlanta on the way to check it out. I'm not too worried if I have to go a bit out of my way, I probably plan of staying in the town I go to on the Saturday night because hopefully I get involved in festivities with the locals, ie won't be able to drive anyway.

Fair enough, I'll leave that weekends games at that though.
I just checked out the previous weeks in and around Dallas in case you're interested.

Oklahoma @ Baylor (90M south of Dallas) and Mississippi State @ Texas A&M (80M beyond Waco [Baylor]), both on Saturday the 9th if you're in the area. That Baylor game should be a good one.

Georgia @ Auburn
Florida @ South Carolina
Went to OU @ TCU last year. It was outrageous.

I drove from NO up to Tennessee and then back through Georgia.

Wisconsin schedule LSU in 2016 at Lambeau Field
Push back series with Virginia Tech from 2016-17 to 2019-20
Virginia Tech fill in void by scheduling Tennessee in 2016..........At the Bristol Motor Speedway :eek:
Expecting a crowd of over 150k!!!! (holds 160k)

With hindsight now looking at how the season has gone so far, it's looking like Auburn-Georgia would've been a much better option.
Hopefully Florida turn up, because this could get real boring real fast if they don't :/

With hindsight now looking at how the season has gone so far, it's looking like Auburn-Georgia would've been a much better option.
Hopefully Florida turn up, because this could get real boring real fast if they don't :/
And some media personal saying it was one of the best games, if not the best, ever.
One guy said best in his time (1974-present)

Back