Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes!! Two years in a row with MVP is it for our academy or did a GWS boy win it in 2016?
Bowes was Queensland MVP in 2016 (Div 2)
Allies MVP (Div1 )last year was Harry Perryman (GWS)
This week he's playing his 5th AFL game for the Giants
Was also NSW (Div 2) -MVP 2016
So Crossley better than Bowes ?? - time will tell....

Last edited:

Bowes was Queensland MVP in 2016 (Div 2)
Allies MVP (Div1 )last year was Harry Perryman (GWS)
This week he's playing his 5th AFL game for the Giants
Was also NSW (Div 2) -MVP 2016
So Crossley better than Bowes ?? - time will tell....
My bad I sort of just assumed it without checking

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Crossley is top 10 in my mind but wont get a bid there. He's got a ton of upside.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Only thing he is top 10 in is sausage eating

He is a giant and can't dominate against kids, pass unless a pick in the 70's which we will have as compensation for Gaz apparently

Seen from a source in the know on the Draft board that Crossley seems to have really poor endurance. But that All Australian in the U/18's looks great for him. Will be on our list, but I don't think we will have to give up too much for him.

Seen from a source in the know on the Draft board that Crossley seems to have really poor endurance. But that All Australian in the U/18's looks great for him. Will be on our list, but I don't think we will have to give up too much for him.
]

Crossley's younger brother Ashton is highly rated but will miss the state under 16 game v Tasmania on tuesday 11/7/14 at Metricon through injury Some of the Suns academy playing for Qld again this year include the Captain Connor Budarick, backman Mitch Fitzpatrick and forward Josh Gore, all had good games v NSW last month. New squad members include Josh Molloy, Matthew Fraser and Corey Joyce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Endurance has always been his issue. Fortunately that can be fixed through AFL pre-seasons. Already it's picked up from his U16 days.

]

Crossley's younger brother Ashton is highly rated but will miss the state under 16 game v Tasmania on tuesday 11/7/14 at Metricon through injury Some of the Suns academy playing for Qld again this year include the Captain Connor Budarick, backman Mitch Fitzpatrick and forward Josh Gore, all had good games v NSW last month. New squad members include Josh Molloy, Matthew Fraser and Corey Joyce

Welcome aboard mate , whos the pick of the bunch atm in the 16's ?

Worth noting that Crossley has also performed well against men in the NEAFL too. He has some forward craft.
Will be helpful as we really dont have much in the cupboard up forward if one of 2MP or Lynch go down , and we dont know yet how well Sammy will come back from his injury.

Endurance has always been his issue. Fortunately that can be fixed through AFL pre-seasons. Already it's picked up from his U16 days.
Similar was said of Pruess a few years back - hasn't held him back...!
All part of the bigger men maturing later routine...

Never seen Dyson play. Article on Connor and team in yesterday's Bulletin

Connor Budarick ready for AFL Under-16 Championships after senior debut for Labrador
Tom Boswell, @ThomasBoswell1, Gold Coast Bulletin
July 10, 2017 12:00am
PLAYING against the country’s best rising Australian rules talent is no longer a daunting task to Connor Budarick after tasting success at senior level for club side Labrador.

The Gold Coaster made his QAFL debut for the Tigers senior side last week, getting best on ground in a 43-point win over Broadbeach.

Now Budarick will turn his attention towards this week’s AFL Under-16 Championships where he will represent the Queensland division two side that will play Tasmania on Tuesday at Metricon Stadium.

Queensland beat NSW/ACT in game one of the championships on June 12 at Blacktown and Budarick said the side was eager to keep their unbeaten record in tact.

“(Tasmania) are meant to be a pretty tightly contested team,” Budarick said.

“That’s what the coaches have been driving into us and that’s how we can see us getting on top.”

The 16-year-old midfielder said making his senior debut for Labrador gave him confidence going into the national carnival and Budarick was already looking at returning to club land to play for the Tigers.

“Once all my state stuff is done I’m hoping to go back to club footy and be playing senior footy so I can keep on improving and hopefully cement my spot,” Budarick said.

It is the first time the AFL Under-16 Championships and AFLW Under-18 Championships will both be held at the same time on the Gold Coast this week.

Just an update Qld beat Tassie by seven goals , all the press was about a Papua New Guinea kid called "Ace" who kicked 5. Not sure if he is in an Academy.Of the Gold Coast kids, Fitzpatrick dominated down back, Budarick had his usual reliable game, Gore took half a dozen marks across half forward and Wingrave, Joyce, Briggs and Fraser all had good moments

AFL great Kevin Sheedy to coach the Burleigh Bombers in a one-off appearance
AUSTRALIAN football icon Kevin Sheedy is to make a special return to coaching with the Bombers this weekend.

But before those hundreds of thousands of Essendon supporters get excited, it’s a one-off gig as a guest coach of the Burleigh Bombers, a Gold Coast team that plays in the Queensland Football Association Division 1 competition.

Burleigh head coach Troy Crossley is stepping aside for the return to grassroots football for the inimitable Sheedy.

And the long-time Essendon coach (he was with the Bombers for 634 games before two seasons with the GWS Giants) has made it clear this is not a social thing when Burleigh tackle Caloundra at Bill Godfrey Oval in Burleigh Waters on Saturday.

“This is not going to be a fun thing, it will be full-on confrontational,” Sheedy said in a clear message to the Bomber players not to expect him to go easy on them.

Sheedy’s close association with Burleigh president Paul Fowles led to him agreeing to the short stint.

“It’s important that grassroots footy on the Gold Coast gets some promotion,” Sheedy said.

“Don’t forget that a Burleigh junior Brayden Crossley was just picked in the All-Australian team after the national under-18 carnival.”

But the red and black army is just as important to the former master coach and ex-Richmond player.

“Burleigh is a black and red club and I want to get all the black and red clubs together,” Sheedy said.

“All the black and red clubs throughout Australia should be in the one great network.”

Now 69, Sheedy’s passion for Aussie rules resulted in him taking Essendon to Darwin, London, Florida, Tokyo and London, among other places, to promote Australia’s national code.

Burleigh’s head coach Troy Crossley does not mind at all taking a back seat to let Sheedy do his thing.

“It’s a terrific idea,” Crossley said.

“If he can improve individuals by 10 to 15 per cent it’ll be all worthwhile.

Crossley's father (Troy) is stepping aside for Sheeds to coach Burleigh this weekend.

Just an update Qld beat Tassie by seven goals , all the press was about a Papua New Guinea kid called "Ace" who kicked 5. Not sure if he is in an Academy.Of the Gold Coast kids, Fitzpatrick dominated down back, Budarick had his usual reliable game, Gore took half a dozen marks across half forward and Wingrave, Joyce, Briggs and Fraser all had good moments
Isn't Fitzroy Greenwool 'Ace'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back