Injury Fyfe Fractures Leg Again

Remove this Banner Ad

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Definitely the best thing for Fyfie to get him better again, but man... just kill me & resurrect me when the 2017 season starts.
It absolutely blows that he's such an amazing once-in-a-generation talent, but he's had so many major injuries in what's a very limited career.

I'm going to spend the rest of the year just rewatching every game of his career so far. Sucks I live in Melbourne because I haven't found one of those blow-up Fyfe's to snuggle up to :(

He looks so cute in this photo
He looked even cuter when he guest starred in Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries.

BZuVFwiCEAAb5Ir.jpg

Definitely the best thing for Fyfie to get him better again, but man... just kill me & resurrect me when the 2017 season starts.
It absolutely blows that he's such an amazing once-in-a-generation talent, but he's had so many major injuries in what's a very limited career.

I'm going to spend the rest of the year just rewatching every game of his career so far. Sucks I live in Melbourne because I haven't found one of those blow-up Fyfe's to snuggle up to :(
I though Hughes will do for you for the time being.​

Fair understatement :mad:. Not at all surprising but seeing it made official still hurts. Fyfe only has so many years of his prime left to dazzle us and grow his legend and again an entire year has been snuffed out. Tbh I'm still having trouble dealing with it, every game he misses is a crime against footy :(
The other way to look at it, is him taking the time to heal properly may extend his career by a year or more. So we'll actually get to see more of the man play than we would if he had to be rushed back in to the team (say if we were in premiership mode).

The other way to look at it, is him taking the time to heal properly may extend his career by a year or more. So we'll actually get to see more of the man play than we would if he had to be rushed back in to the team (say if we were in premiership mode).
It's true. And keeping the plate in there's always a chance that he'll break it again again. The older he gets the harder it is to come back from that kind of injury, so better to get it sorted out. I'll be so happy to see him not limping around a footy field next time he plays.

I was just lamenting the injury/the unjustness of the universe and not that he can't come back again this year, which I think most of us already predicted as the likely scenario when he first sustained it. 100% the right call but I just feel like throwing the toys out of the cot because I can't watch him play :(

I was just lamenting the injury/the unjustness of the universe and not that he can't come back again this year, which I think most of us already predicted as the likely scenario when he first sustained it. 100% the right call but I just feel like throwing the toys out of the cot because I can't watch him play :(
Yeah I know. I was trying to play the calming parent type :) It does suck. We have way to many injuries this season. But given where the team is at it's probably the best timing for him to go through it.

I'm relieved it's official so the team can move on. Gives the green light for our other midfielders and forwards to step up to fill the void. If we can be a competitive team again before the end of season without Fyfe, then when he comes back next year, look out!

Yeah I know. I was trying to play the calming parent type :) It does suck. We have way to many injuries this season. But given where the team is at it's probably the best timing for him to go through it.

I'm relieved it's official so the team can move on. Gives the green light for our other midfielders and forwards to step up to fill the void. If we can be a competitive team again before the end of season without Fyfe, then when he comes back next year, look out!

I will definitely agree that learning to be less reliant on Fyfe is a must for Freo and this is the only situation where we're forced to address it, has become increasingly obvious over the last few seasons that we're almost completely dependant on his (and Sandi's to a lesser extent) dominance.

It's ok. You do that. i'll bring over icecream & wine, we can watch the notebook and have a cry

I will definitely agree that learning to be less reliant on Fyfe is a must for Freo and this is the only situation where we're forced to address it, has become increasingly obvious over the last few seasons that we're almost completely dependant on his (and Sandi's to a lesser extent) dominance.
All we can do is pray for Nat's 20cm rod.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a serious note though, I think it may be beneficial for the club to pair up Fyfe & Balic for the rest of the year, support each other through rehab and Fyfe can be a personal coach for Harley. Everyone says rehab can be a lonely place, and both of them have a long year ahead. The worst that can happen is they might get sick of each other, but the up side is that they've each got someone to lean on in the hard times, and Fyfe can pass on the secrets to being the best player ever.

Announced on face book that Fyfe will not play again this season which if so I am very happy to hear . He needs to get his body right not only the leg but the groin and shoulder as well .

Announced on face book that Fyfe will not play again this season which if so I am very happy to hear . He needs to get his body right not only the leg but the groin and shoulder as well .
And back. Maybe we should literally wrap him in bubble wrap

Haven't read into anything yet but is this confirming they will remove the plate? Very happy if so

Am I the only one who blames Brian Lake for all this? IIRC he lined up Nat in that prelim - targeting the leg that campaigner-face Mitchell had previously injured in Tasmania.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back