List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints fans can delude themselves, but the rest of the comp would lose respect for him if he willingly chose St Kilda. In the bottom four of clubs he could choose. Only Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Port would make less sense.

The best finish to the season, being reasonable, would be to play finals when St Kilda don't and sign Fyfe.

Quick rebuild, instant bounce, not the five plus years they are working through.
This^
Ross has said his goal is to win a flag before his contract is up, otherwise he's failed. Talk of a long rebuild isn't what the club are thinking.

To win the flag, you'ld want two or three "serious" cracks at it. Working backwards from 2020, we'll be aiming for something like the following;

2020: top 2/4 - contend
2019: top 2/4 - contend
2018: top 4/6 - contend
2017: make finals - pretend

Dreams and realities can obviously be totally different. But if we had a fit Bennell and an available Yarran, our side would be 3 goals a game better (at least) and the original plan would be looking more achievable. Gonna be a fun few years ahead. Ross will need Fyfe to stay and Bennell on the park - our own war chest will be mostly for retention imo.

Disclaimer: every club outside the 8, and most inside the 8 will be working to a similar timeframe. Actual results may vary. Please consult a healthcare professional before purchasing a Dockers membership

This^
Ross has said his goal is to win a flag before his contract is up, otherwise he's failed. Talk of a long rebuild isn't what the club are thinking.

To win the flag, you'ld want two or three "serious" cracks at it. Working backwards from 2020, we'll be aiming for something like the following;

2020: top 2/4 - contend
2019: top 2/4 - contend
2018: top 4/6 - contend
2017: make finals - pretend

Dreams and realities can obviously be totally different. But if we had a fit Bennell and an available Yarran, our side would be 3 goals a game better (at least) and the original plan would be looking more achievable. Gonna be a fun few years ahead. Ross will need Fyfe to stay and Bennell on the park - our own war chest will be mostly for retention imo.

Disclaimer: every club outside the 8, and most inside the 8 will be working to a similar timeframe. Actual results may vary. Please consult a healthcare professional before purchasing a Dockers membership

And thankfully so far the players brought in to top up the list haven't been 29 year olds who will leave us in a worse hole later as our youth leave for better opportunities elsewhere.

Saints fans can delude themselves, but the rest of the comp would lose respect for him if he willingly chose St Kilda. In the bottom four of clubs he could choose. Only Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Port would make less sense.

Stk is actually one of the most realistic options for him. Cap space isn't a problem, they've already talked it up on that front. They're close to finals contention and are just a couple of midfielders and years away from being a possible top 4 shot. They've recovered well from Watters stuffing their list ; )

I think the only (Kiera Knightly thin) will chances of getting him are Stk or Carlton. I don't think a non-vic club are a chance and he'd want an on the rise team but Melbourne will have there cap issues. I guess Richmond could get him especially if they lost Martin in the process but then the catch 22 is he would be unlikely to sign if Martin left.

Stk is actually one of the most realistic options for him. Cap space isn't a problem, they've already talked it up on that front. They're close to finals contention and are just a couple of midfielders and years away from being a possible top 4 shot. They've recovered well from Watters stuffing their list ; )

I think the only (Kiera Knightly thin) will chances of getting him are Stk or Carlton. I don't think a non-vic club are a chance and he'd want an on the rise team but Melbourne will have there cap issues. I guess Richmond could get him especially if they lost Martin in the process but then the catch 22 is he would be unlikely to sign if Martin left.
I see salary as a minor part of the whole package. If he goes to Melbourne it's because of the sponsorships and endorsements he can make while he plays, and the connections he can make post footy. St Kilda ranks among the minnows in that regard.

You ever been to the Gold Coast? I couldn't blame any young bloke for wanting to live there. It'd make more sense going there than bloody St Kilda.

You ever been to the Gold Coast? I couldn't blame any young bloke for wanting to live there. It'd make more sense going there than bloody St Kilda.
I don't see Fyfe as a typical young man. He is driven to succeed, both in footy and afterwards. Gold Coast might be fun, but being in Melbourne is better for his ambitions.

Last edited:
I don't see Fyfe as a typical young man. He is driven to succeed, both in footy and afterwards. Gold Coast might be fun, but being in Melbourne is better for his ambitions.
Gold coast got Barlow , I think going to gold coast is more ambitions than st kilda abblett not yet bring them to final series and with so many top pick last year maybe fyfe can but I hope he extend with freo early to stabilize a young side.

Gold coast got Barlow , I think going to gold coast is more ambitions than st kilda abblett not yet bring them to final series and with so many top pick last year maybe fyfe can but I hope he extend with freo early to stabilize a young side.
Barlow would have gone anywhere who would have him. He only wanted to extend his career after being delisted. Fyfe is a different kettle of fish.

Barlow would have gone anywhere who would have him. He only wanted to extend his career after being delisted. Fyfe is a different kettle of fish.
Agree , just my preference if he don't extend with freo , I think GC is a club that can be consider also as st kilda never win a flag since 1966 . in the end as a freo fan everybody want fyfe to extend his contract . the guy just train as a pro.

Last edited:
Posters fantasy driven speculation on Fyfe's aspirations, motivations and outlook, is just that.
Fyfe has been clear.
He has been very clear. Like Mike Fitzpatrick or Chris Langford, he's onto bigger things after football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you been recently? I went 15 years ago in my early 20's and loved it. Went last year and everything looked old and dated, pubs almost empty, spruikers outside restaurant trying to lure in customers. Was pretty lame really.

Have you been recently? I went 15 years ago in my early 20's and loved it. Went last year and everything looked old and dated, pubs almost empty, spruikers outside restaurant trying to lure in customers. Was pretty lame really.

I was actually there a couple of months ago - a couple of weeks before schoolies. Thought it was a brilliant place. Cheap too.

Had to look this up so today I learnt a new word.

Yay for me
I'd surmise, you being an Eagles supporter, that five syllables is probably too many.
But bear in mind, I'm not the usual nasty opposition supporter. See, I don't think y'all as gap toofed dumb as everyone says.
I think four is perfectly achievable, and perhaps even likely, for you mob. As for five, well... thank god for the inter-webs, huh?

What sort of money do you think Fyfe will want?

The likes of Richmond, Saints and Hawks if you believe their supporters will have the ability to offer significant coin $1.2- $1.5 million a year.

Fyfe said he was going to explore his options and I'm sure he would have checked out a few different clubs by now. Do you think he will ask us to match the best deal offered to him? Or will he be happy to take slightly less to stay with his original club?

If he did decide to leave what would you want in return. If we got Richmond or Saints two 1st rounders would that satisfy you? It would give us three 1st rounders in the '17 draft.

Gold Coast offered us two top ten picks and a player last year. If Fyfe takes back the mantle of best player in the league we could have a bidding war between a few Melbourne clubs.

If I was Nat Fyfe's manager and I was looking at the clubs that are making noise I'd tell him:
  • Tigers - forget it. Perennial under-achievers with an administration that are continually at war with each other;
  • Carlton - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Those wacky Blues. Love their sense of hunour;
  • Saints - forget it. Small supporter base and no guarantee they won't flame out again. Have had their share of administrative issues in the past;
  • Hawks- by far the best of the three. Good membership, have shown the ability to renew their list and have a gun coach.
Why would Fyfe leave WA? We will plan to match any other remotely reasonable offer. Fyfe has already said his decision will be about our prospects:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/1dfceb04e3196dd1ce29e8c3832e9062

It could be that I'm suffering pre-season delusions, but I think our list looks very solid for the years to come with a large proportion of our players having their best footy ahead of them. He'll be captain sooner rather than later - he ain't going anywhere.

It could be that I'm suffering pre-season delusions, but I think our list looks very solid for the years to come with a large proportion of our players having their best footy ahead of them. He'll be captain sooner rather than later - he ain't going anywhere.[/Qoute] Fyfe, Hill, Hill, McCarthy, Neale , Handling, Walters,Blakeley , Crozier. That is a good core around the same age you can build a list around. We just need one or two more to step up, plus a few old guys to defy their age.

If we loose fyfe so be it. The individual doesn't make the team. It's the whole 22 that play their heart out each week. A great team isn't determined by one player if we loose him and we show that it hasn't made a big impact on the club going forward then it shows what sort of team we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back