List Mgmt. Fyfe - Free Agent 2017 (Opposition Posters Welcome)

Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by Allikat, Oct 17, 2016.

Put it out there
  1. StCicatriz

StCicatriz Club Legend

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    To be fair most on the saints board think he stays a docker

We do have a war chest, a young emerging list and our cap has more flexibility than any other side but we still won't get even remotely close to signing Fyfe. He would be crazy to leave freo and he will be paid very well no matter where he goes

There's a couple of supposed self proclaimed "in the knows" or "insiders" on our board who think hes a 75% chance to be a saint because they apparently over heard some convo that was positive towards fyfe joining the saints... but they're undoubtedly full of shit IMO and the vast majority of saints posters see through their bullshit. The problem is their blatant bullshit makes the rest of us look bad

I'm actually surprised there's any speculation at all that he will resign. Bet your house on him staying. It'll probably be sorted within the half way point

mad4freo, Bicco, Puregold and 7 others like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. scon

scon Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Long haired Champs.
    We've got a few beauts as well.
    One of them who rates himself a spectacular judge said the other day he'd been resigned to the Skipper departing.
    Was never and will never go anywhere.
    Has been dog's balls for years.

StCicatriz likes this.
  3. StCicatriz

StCicatriz Club Legend

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Remember when there was speculation Mundy was going to activate his free agent rights. Yeh ended up resigning at the end of the H&A season

Fyfe aint going anywhere. I mean hes just walked into a new 100m facility in cockburn. Literally down the road from his place at coogee

Because fyfe will sign a long term deal the extra 5% of cap space st kilda has along with the marketing allowance and front ended contracts means absolutely nothing. Teams will just backend his deal to match.

One problem we have is that we are still based out of Seaford. We are moving to a new 30m facility at moorabbin but that won't be wrapped up until the 2018. Done in two stages. The first stage that the club will solely use won't be ready until the start of the 2018 season. Which makes it hard to attract Fyfe even if he had shown the intent to leave, which he hasn't IMO

scon likes this.
  4. scon

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Long haired Champs.
    It's like humans need to gossip and make shit up or something.
    Don't get it meself.
    Any player worth anything will conduct contract negotiations in a calm,methodical manner.
    They want to play for the club:the club wants them=market value needs to be agreed.
    It takes time and no-one's in a rush because all parties understand an agreement will be reached.

Even though Fyfe 7 is a greedy corporate slime bag and all the Freo players hate his megalomaniacal lack of a haircut.

G Mus and StCicatriz like this.
  5. lw11

lw11 All Australian

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Chelsea, Boston Celtics
    Back two da Sidknee bored o_O

6. M_rash

M_rash Team Captain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    So after Fyfe says he's staying and says he'll sign mid year, but if speculation gets out of hand and becomes a distraction for himself, the team, or the club - he'll sign sooner... some are still entertaining the thought he'll leave?

If we lose 6 straight to start, speculation will ramp up even more - thus triggering him to sign even sooner. Can't see any circumstance where he leaves. None. Oh that's right, suppose im a sycophant, cool aid drinking optimist :$

7. Tayl0r

Tayl0r Moderator

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Dustin Martin is your man.

8. StCicatriz

StCicatriz Club Legend

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    I think that's looking more likely but the problem is Martin isn't a contested football beast that Fyfe is which is what we need. I also think Martin has had his off-field issues managed very well by richmond. I think there could be skeletons coming out of that closet if he were to leave.

We need that bull of a player on the inside and then find another genuine winger and another KPD option

I think we might be into a kid from GWS plus a FA from port both should could us less than what Fyfe would if we were even a remote chance of him being interested in coming to our club

9. Unique Name

Unique Name Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Rockliff? Might even be able to snare him with money alone. Brissy might be happy with the compo pick IF you pay enough.

Anyway, what do you think Acres next contract will be? Wonder if he'd want to come home?

10. StCicatriz

StCicatriz Club Legend

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    i think acres is OOC next year. billings is probably the notable younger player out of contract this year, who clubs would be chasing

on acres he's been pretty frustrating at times, his disposal can be seriously shit house. having said that he finally found some form at the end of this year so this season should be interesting for him

billings, acres and dunstan were all taken in the same draft. big years needed for all three now.

as for rockliff, his name is dirt right now. no one wanted him last year (probs because they knew they'd get him for free at the end of this season) and he doesnt have the star power of say a fyfe or martin that you can market the football club around. his numbers also are not as good as martins. i'd prefer martin over rockliff tbh, rockliff just feels underwhelming

shiel or kelly for mine. one of those would be amazing. then i think we could probably get a trengrove out of port as a KPD

Unique Name likes this.
  11. Tayl0r

Tayl0r Moderator

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Blake hasn't come on physically as he and St Kilda would have liked.

StCicatriz likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Tayl0r

Tayl0r Moderator

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Physically is in regards to his game by the way, not the size of him.

13. igon value

igon value Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Fremantle you ******* puke.

prpl_jss likes this.
  14. M_rash

M_rash Team Captain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
  15. Righteo

Righteo Purple Campaigner

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Boston Celtics
    If you come onto our board and can't even properly spell the team name then expect some blowback, puke

Nobody will take you seriously and rightfully so.

16. StCicatriz

StCicatriz Club Legend

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    There's no secret there. Having said that he's a tall mid so they take time. Just like Mundy did. Just like Kennedy did. Hell even Lenny Hayes took time to get going

scon likes this.
  17. Puregold

Puregold Senior List

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    South Fremantle
    This article should silence some of the speculation. Seems as though the negotiations are only with Freo at the moment.

rgauci and Crippa like this.
  18. rgauci

rgauci Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    DOCKERS
    Which article?

19. Crippa

Crippa Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Click on the word "article" in Puregold's post.

scon likes this.
  20. Clems Knee

Clems Knee Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    How does Puregold do that? I can only post links with the full address.

21. Okinakashi

Okinakashi Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
    Voodo magic I think.

dockerfemme likes this.
  22. Crippa

Crippa Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Instructions can be found here - 4th item down.

23. Clems Knee

Clems Knee Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    3 crayfish

Not that easy. Once I paste the link in, I have to turn off rich text editor, then dick around with square brackets like your instructions. Thanks though.

24. scon

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Long haired Champs.
    I used to cite articles that way quite a bit and wondered why it seemed no-one read them:)

general44 and Crippa like this.
  25. DanWA

DanWA Premiership Player

West Coast
    Other teams:
    East Fremantle Sharks
    So it does really all come down to how good they are going up until signing time and whether he thinks the future groundwork is solid enough to stay

Good ploy i reckon, He wouldn't want to sign long term and end up ruining his F7 branding if success is not in the near future

So much riding on this season!

general44 likes this.