Coach Fyfe isn't the first player to be 'bumped and bruised' off the ball, and he won't be the last...So why the outrage from Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post.

What about Max Gawn? He had to suck it up and deal with it earlier in the year ( and probably still is )

Fyfe has been suspended numerous times for rough tactics. Tough luck.

Stand up for yourself, stand up for your team mates. Fight fire with fire.

Fagan defends Lachie Neale in similar fashion (as he should) and...crickets.

It's actually insane how obsessive you guys have become over Ross Lyon, this is the 3rd or 4th thread on him already I believe. It's approaching Donald Trump levels of fixation and hysteria. Ross Man Bad; we get it. Of all his faults, which are well-documented at this stage, I don't think going in to bat for his captain is one of them :drunk:

Embarrassing effort, OP. Save your own outrage for something actually worth getting worked up about, you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

It's actually insane how obsessive you guys have become over Ross Lyon, this is the 3rd or 4th thread on him already I believe. It's approaching Donald Trump levels of fixation and hysteria. Ross Man Bad; we get it. Of all his faults, which are well-documented at this stage, I don't think going in to bat for his captain is one of them :drunk:

Embarrassing effort, OP. Save your own outrage for something actually worth getting worked up about, you're making a mountain out of a molehill.
It was an odd statement though right?

"we'll have to take matters into our own hands"

Just asking to be ridiculed!

Difference being, Fagan didn't use to famously employ tagging tactics off the ball. All I pointed out was that it was a bit odd and hypocritical, given his use of Crowley and Baker in the past for very similar methods.

Wasn't just 'oh we're unhappy about this treatment', it was the follow up of 'we're sick of it and we're going to have take matters into our own hands', that made it a bit ridiculous. Not acknowledging the umpteen times that he put oppo players through the ringer getting his players to use similar tactics, and not batting an eyelid when doing so.

I couldn't care less about Lyon. I just think that he's the last coach that should be complaining about tagging issues.

Seems the only one getting worked up here is you.

Last edited:
It’s a diversion tactic the same as the media flash incident to stop journalists and media heads from talking about the losses and his job effectively.

Agree

Hes a dud coach at a dud club that is making up numbers

Hardly newsworthy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a fan of the intimidation thing. Ridiculous ala Max Gawn, Neale etc. Mainly because there is no way to even it out. The attackers have all the advantage, because if the player reacts then they give a free away more often than not, because umps often don't see the first hit, and they also know full well that there will be no Byron Pickett to protect you anymore. It is a one way tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back