List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL site reporting that Hawthorn moving on Mitchell/Lewis isn't about making room for this years trades and is instead to create a war chest to lure Fyfe/Martin next year.

Full credit to the Hawks. The PR machine is in full swing to cover up the fiasco of Jordan Lewis storming out of the club in a blind fury against Clarko and against Hawthorn's wishes.

Thanks for all the genuine answers guys :rolleyes:
Just asking the question. Can't see anyone giving up 3 x 1st rounders. 2 x 1sts and a young fringe player or another 2nd/3rd would get it done. We all like to overrate our players, but to suggest that it would take more than that is crazy. Like I said, IF he wants to leave next year and you guys can't/won't match the offer, the best you will get is one 1st rounder as a compo pick. The club might be willing to take two firsts this year and cut their losses knowing they will lose him anyway (if that's the case). Maybe the two Gibbs picks won't be enough, but we have #5 this year and next year's 1st that would most likely be in the same range. If it was both OUR 1sts, circa #5, we would be less likely to throw in the fringe player/pick as sweetener, but would 2016 pick 5 and 2017 pick in similar range do it?

Try and be more legit in your answers this time. You guys made the thread and invited opposition supporters in. I'm trying to be respectful and discuss it properly.

If Carlton trade their first round picks this year for picks next season then I will expect them to have a play in mind for Fyfe.

If Fremantle were able to entertain the idea of a million for Hogan and keeping Fyfe then I don't have any doubt about the club's ability to match any restricted free agent offer put to him at the end of 2017.

If he is on the market and his destination club is a few places back in the draft, then watch every club start finding cap space for him.

Just asking the question. Can't see anyone giving up 3 x 1st rounders. 2 x 1sts and a young fringe player or another 2nd/3rd would get it done. We all like to overrate our players, but to suggest that it would take more than that is crazy. Like I said, IF he wants to leave next year and you guys can't/won't match the offer, the best you will get is one 1st rounder as a compo pick. The club might be willing to take two firsts this year and cut their losses knowing they will lose him anyway (if that's the case). Maybe the two Gibbs picks won't be enough, but we have #5 this year and next year's 1st that would most likely be in the same range. If it was both OUR 1sts, circa #5, we would be less likely to throw in the fringe player/pick as sweetener, but would 2016 pick 5 and 2017 pick in similar range do it?

Try and be more legit in your answers this time. You guys made the thread and invited opposition supporters in. I'm trying to be respectful and discuss it properly.
To get Judd it cost you pick 3, pick 20 and Josh Kennedy. Judd wanted to go home and it still cost this much. Fyfe is from Perth so this isn't wanting him to go home. So the Judd trade is your starting point but it would cost more.

He is the best player in the league. Can dominate midfield or forward and we can and have the cap space to math any rfa offer.

Think in terms of what you gave away to get judd and then think that he was not under contract and could walk to you guys in the psd. In this case we can simply match any offer.

You said the responses aren't serious but your proposition wasn't. Really Gibbs for Fyfe? Come back with a serious proposal if you want more detailed responses.

Having said all that there is maybe a 1% chance he leaves. Victorian media is building this up and no one else.

I don't know if these rumours are true or not, but they won't go away.
So far we have:

IF a trade was to happen, would #13, Crows 2017 1st get it done? Or would a player like Boekhorst need to be thrown in as well?

1) A Carlton fan set up a facebook page using official CFC logos to alert you blokes that SOS had met with Fyfe, no substance whatsoever. But you lot lapped it up as fact and it has spread onto your board, with your mods failing to deny it.

2) GC have offered 3 picks inside the top ten this year, that makes #13 + future 1st + Spud an insult which every club would laugh at.

3) Do you honestly a trade for Fyfe will be made by Thursday

4) Fyfe is a RFA next year which means we can match any offer you jokers can muster

5) The reasons these rumours won't go away is because you gullible Carlton fans want it to happen so much you actually believe it, without bothering to find out if a meeting did occur. Then repeat it in every thread you can find to purport the myth.

6) You can't even retain your Champion #1 pick midfielder/hbf how do you expect to lure a Brownlow medalist and top 3 player in the game

Richmond had pick #1 in the PSD 2007, they took David Gourdis. Delisted at the end of the season, redrafted in the rookie draft and played 4 games.
Fair enough - I stand corrected. The judd trade is still the precedent and we still have more leverage than wce

I do wonder about that Allikat , it's one thing to have oppo fans commenting but to openly invite them is another.

I think we are happy to hear differing views and not lock the thread as Carlton and Essendon board do, but to invite the nuffies who will tell us " this is what you will get ", " 2 x 1st and a player is ridiculous etc " is asking for trouble.

Maybe lose the brackets in the heading, just food for thought and delete once you have read this.

Jesus Christ, Carlton fans are getting out of hand. Guys, there is no way on the small chance were Fyfe to leave, would he go to Carlton. We can match any money offer. The only reason for him to leave is for success. That does not mean he goes to the worst list in the AFL.

To cap it off, that guy doesnt understand that to get a contracted Fyfe would cost at least the Judd deal and calls us delusional when suggesting picks 13 and 16. * me

All of this off a facebook page rumour

1) A Carlton fan set up a facebook page using official CFC logos to alert you blokes that SOS had met with Fyfe, no substance whatsoever. But you lot lapped it up as fact and it has spread onto your board, with your mods failing to deny it.

2) GC have offered 3 picks inside the top ten this year, that makes #13 + future 1st + Spud an insult which every club would laugh at.

4) Fyfe is a RFA next year which means we can match any offer you jokers can muster

5) The reasons these rumours won't go away is because you gullible Carlton fans want it to happen so much you actually believe it, without bothering to find out if a meeting did occur. Then repeat it in every thread you can find to purport the myth.

6) You can't even retain your Champion #1 pick midfielder/hbf how do you expect to lure a Brownlow medalist and top 3 player in the game

I think you missed the bit where he said Boekhurst could be added to the deal

Surely that makes a difference

Surely?

Perhaps not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opposition posters are welcome to keep all the Fyfe chatter in one place, away from actual football breaking news or discussion.

Being welcome doesn't mean you can put your dirty shoes on the coffee table though.

Hahahha it's only page 4, wait until it hits 100 and your industrial strength Dyson has burnt out it's 3rd motor :D

Hanley is off to the Suns and official Lions tweet says "There’s some more big news on the way...".

They are the only club with the horsepower to go after Fyfe right now I would think. What picks do they have again?

Hanley is off to the Suns and official Lions tweet says "There’s some more big news on the way...".

They are the only club with the horsepower to go after Fyfe right now I would think. What picks do they have again?
They signed their Gardiner for another three years.

I think you missed the bit where he said Boekhurst could be added to the deal

Surely that makes a difference

Surely?

Perhaps not
It makes all the difference. And don't call me Shirley.

He is the best player in the league. Can dominate midfield or forward and we can and have the cap space to math any rfa offer.

Think in terms of what you gave away to get judd and then think that he was not under contract and could walk to you guys in the psd. In this case we can simply match any offer.

You said the responses aren't serious but your proposition wasn't. Really Gibbs for Fyfe? Come back with a serious proposal if you want more detailed responses.

Having said all that there is maybe a 1% chance he leaves. Victorian media is building this up and no one else.
Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean it wasn't serious.
It's not Gibbs for Fyfe, but from OUR perspective, it's effectively that. I said 2 x 1st rounders. That's pretty much the going rate for top players. I also said that we have our own picks this year and next that could come into play to make a combination of 2 x 1st rounders, and that maybe a sweetener of another 2nd or 3rd, or a young fringe player like Boekhorst, who is a WA boy and has shown some positive signs, but was hampered by a broken hand this year.
It's all hypothetical, but it's based on the assumption that he wants to leave and wants to come to Carlton. He might not be from VIC, but if he wanted to leave and wanted to come to Carlton, that's effectively the same thing.

Judd was a 1st, a 2nd and a good young player. If you want to count Kennedy as a 1st, that's 2 x 1sts and a 2nd. He was also the best player in the league and a premiership captain and a year younger.

Treloar went for 2 x 1sts and #62 and they also got #28 back from GWS.

Dangerfield was a 1st and 2nd and a player (Gore).

Beams was a 1st, a 2nd and a player (Crisp).

Ablett was 2 x 1sts.

Tom Mitchell was one 1st and a swap of later picks.

2 x 1sts, or 2 x 1sts and a player/pick is well and truly a serious proposition.

Carlton would not be speaking with Fyfe without keeping Fremantle informed. The only reason Carlton might consider approaching Fremantle and Fyfe this year instead of nextyear - is because Adelaide have launched another poaching raid again - and therefore picks get freed up.

Means nothing if Fyfe wishesd to be a one Club player - and good on him if he does.

The reason Fyfe would leave Freo is chasing a premiership. So naturally the two clubs that would be a threat to poaching him would be Carlton and Brisbane ;)

Nat Fyfe is not going to play for ******* Carlton. He's not going to leave our side to play for a side even further away than we are. If he wants Cash he can get that whilst playing finals, doubt he wants to be Judd2.0.

It's not Gibbs for Fyfe, but from OUR perspective, it's effectively that. I said 2 x 1st rounders. That's pretty much the going rate for top players. I also said that we have our own picks this year and next that could come into play to make a combination of 2 x 1st rounders, and that maybe a sweetener of another 2nd or 3rd, or a young fringe player like Boekhorst, who is a WA boy and has shown some positive signs, but was hampered by a broken hand this year.
It's all hypothetical, but it's based on the assumption that he wants to leave and wants to come to Carlton. He might not be from VIC, but if he wanted to leave and wanted to come to Carlton, that's effectively the same thing.

Judd was a 1st, a 2nd and a good young player. If you want to count Kennedy as a 1st, that's 2 x 1sts and a 2nd. He was also the best player in the league and a premiership captain and a year younger.

Ablett was 2 x 1sts.

2 x 1sts, or 2 x 1sts and a player/pick is well and truly a serious proposition.
Do you honestly not see the difference between 13 & 16ish and two top 5 picks?

1) Never saw or heard about it. Some trustworthy posters with inside info on our board have stated that we are setting up for a big free agent deal next year. Gibbs' unexpected exit could throw a spanner in the works and accelerate our plans.

2) GC can offer what they want. That's overs and they can afford to do that, but if Fyfe doesn't want to go there, it means nothing.

3) Probably not. What I think doesn't really matter though. It's all hypotheticals anyway.

4) Jokers? I'm trying to have a genuine converstaion and haven't belittled any posters/players/clubs.
That's fine. The deal won't be any more next year than it will this year. We already know how good he is and he will only be a year older and who knows how he will come back from his injury, or if others will follow.

5) It has been bandied about. Obviously the clubs that are discussed as possibly getting him, true or not, are going to be more excited than the club that's losing him. If you think it's rubbish, ignore it.

6) What does this have to do with anything? Most clubs lose players at some point for various reasons.

Ablett was 2 x 1sts.

You're wasting everyone's time, 0 chance of playing for the Blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back