List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I do wonder about that Allikat , it's one thing to have oppo fans commenting but to openly invite them is another.

I think we are happy to hear differing views and not lock the thread as Carlton and Essendon board do, but to invite the nuffies who will tell us " this is what you will get ", " 2 x 1st and a player is ridiculous etc " is asking for trouble.

Maybe lose the brackets in the heading, just food for thought and delete once you have read this.
When did I say 'this is what you will get'? I actually asked you guys if you thought the offer was fair. Trying to be nothing but respectful. The offers I am posting are all serious, fair and in line with previous trades.

1) Never saw or heard about it. Some trustworthy posters with inside info on our board have stated that we are setting up for a big free agent deal next year. Gibbs' unexpected exit could throw a spanner in the works and accelerate our plans.

2) GC can offer what they want. That's overs and they can afford to do that, but if Fyfe doesn't want to go there, it means nothing.

3) Probably not. What I think doesn't really matter though. It's all hypotheticals anyway.

4) Jokers? I'm trying to have a genuine converstaion and haven't belittled any posters/players/clubs.
That's fine. The deal won't be any more next year than it will this year. We already know how good he is and he will only be a year older and who knows how he will come back from his injury, or if others will follow.

5) It has been bandied about. Obviously the clubs that are discussed as possibly getting him, true or not, are going to be more excited than the club that's losing him. If you think it's rubbish, ignore it.

6) What does this have to do with anything? Most clubs lose players at some point for various reasons.
1) It doesnt matter that you havent heard or seen the source of the rumour, the point remains that the source of this particular rumour is bs.

2) IF you are talking about a trade then the club can chose who to deal with and thus what GC offer would matter to any other offers

3) Your an idiot

4) I dont understand how your point 4 contradicts the OPs point 4 at all. What he said still stands

5) Carlton would probably be the last victorian club any player would go to. You guys are further back than us at this stage so why would fyfe go to you

6) Please leave us now youve embarrased yourself enough with your first post on this thread.

When did I say 'this is what you will get'? I actually asked you guys if you thought the offer was fair. Trying to be nothing but respectful. The offers I am posting are all serious, fair and in line with previous trades.
We aren't going to take pick 5 and a future first for the best player in the league. If you can't see why then you shouldn't be commenting. He's untradeable unless he actually demands one.

Opposition posters are welcome to keep all the Fyfe chatter in one place, away from actual football breaking news or discussion.

Being welcome doesn't mean you can put your dirty shoes on the coffee table though.
If I've done that, then please let me know? I've made no ridiculous statements, insults, etc. It's natural that you guys will overrate one of your own and not be fond of some hypotheticals mentioned, but I've used facts and previous deals to back up my deals.

If I've done that, then please let me know? I've made no ridiculous statements, insults, etc. It's natural that you guys will overrate one of your own and not be fond of some hypotheticals mentioned, but I've used facts and previous deals to back up my deals.
You insulted every Fremantle supporter when you threw Boekhursts name up as a part of a possible trade.

Yep. Especially considering SOS and Ross are BFF as well as being business partners.

;)

Of course Carlton would love to have Fyfe - but no way can a deal like this even start unless there was serious good will going on between all parties.

As a hypothetical I would imagine that two first rounders would be the starting point of discussions and if there are any legs to the runour whatsoever- this years #5 and next years first, for starters.

A lot of Carlton supportes wouldn't like the idea of losing 2 top10 picks + for Fyfe however Gibbs has really mucked up planning and strategy this year and may have openned up discussions.

We ain't over rating Fyfe.He's the best player in the comp who's still yet to peak, you'd think.

You might think you are being fair but you haven't even put your 1st pick on the table. How do you expect respect,

I appreciate your effort but the trade will not happen with Carlton this year,

I wasn't singling you out in that 2nd post, merely alerting our esteemed mod to the shitfight this thread will no doubt turn into.

Yup we overated fyfe .

You might think you are being fair but you haven't even put your 1st pick on the table. How do you expect respect,

I wasn't singling you out in that 2nd post, merely alerting our esteemed mod to the shitfight this thread will no doubt turn into.

Doubt it - your mob isnt EssenDONE or the Tuggers...no bad blood between the Clubs :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

;)

Of course Carlton would love to have Fyfe - but no way can a deal like this even start unless there was serious good will going on between all parties.

As a hypothetical I would imagine that two first rounders would be the starting point of discussions and if there are any legs to the runour whatsoever- this years #5 and next years first, for starters.

A lot of Carlton supportes wouldn't like the idea of losing 2 top10 picks + for Fyfe however Gibbs has really mucked up planning and strategy this year and may have openned up discussions.

Gibbs must've completely blindsided you blokes, no-one saw it coming after he re-signed until 2019. Shows how much the footy landscape has changed

FWIW I think Adelaide have to pay overs to secure Gibbs, I hope you get well compensated

There is going to be a massive amount of hype around this, and to be fair it will be the biggest "trade speculation" story of 2017. Dangerfield, Ablett, Buddy in recent years have dominated the media and we fueled the Hogan story hoping for a trade, so now we need to suck it up.

No point getting angry at opposition supporters either, every club would want Fyfe on their list! Dangerfield went for 9 and 28 and Gore - to me this is massive unders, however it shows some sort of recent precedent from one of the best in the league. If it went to RFA we would only get one selection most likely in top 3. I like the fact hat we have invited opposition supporters here, surely we can be objective here, and have a reasonable discussion on the matter. From watching the Melbourne Hogan board, it was hilarious how cranky they would get when Freo posters would post something in their thread (myself included). It gives a better scope for reality than just our opinion of what Fyfe is worth.

But the thing is the offer you put up wasn't in line with previous trades - it was well under what Judd took. The other player trades you mentioned have very specific reasons why they were less than what Fyfe was worth but not going to waste my time writing them out - use Google to find out more.

Even if you offered something sufficient, why do you think Fyfe would want to leave his home town and go and play for Carlton?

Gibbs must've completely blindsided you blokes, no-one saw it coming after he re-signed until 2019. Shows how much the footy landscape has changed

FWIW I think Adelaide have to pay overs to secure Gibbs, I hope you get well compensated

Their strategy was well executed - he blinsided the Club big time - and made himself 'unpalatable' which means his price goes down. His departure was never planned for - still contracted for 3 years...

I think this deal will force the AFL to consider allowing Clubs to have the same freedom with contracts as players - was bound to happen anyway.

oh and if you are askling...yeah Gibbs is a dog.

Doubt it - your mob isnt EssenDONE or the Tuggers...no bad blood between the Clubs :thumbsu:

Hahaha wait until they find it, Tiggers will be all over it throwing around daft scenarios next year while Hawthorn slip in the back door and nick Dusty :D

You insulted every Fremantle supporter when you threw Boekhursts name up as a part of a possible trade.
Pretty sure I said something like 'a player LIKE Boekhorst'. I only used him as an example because he's a WA boy and has shown some promising signs. If you're insulted by that then you need thicker skin. Doesn't mean he's the only option and a normal person might come back with 'not really a fan of Boekhorst, would you be willing to part with player X instead?' Or 'might consider that if you changed pick #13 to pick #5 and player X to player Y'.
It's really not that hard. Just hypothetical trading. Most other boards seem to be able to grasp the process.

Clearly you guys aren't up for a discussion in a thread that is based on hypotheticals and invites opposition supporters, so have fun talking amongst yourselves.

1) Never saw or heard about it. Some trustworthy posters with inside info on our board have stated that we are setting up for a big free agent deal next year. Gibbs' unexpected exit could throw a spanner in the works and accelerate our plans.

2) GC can offer what they want. That's overs and they can afford to do that, but if Fyfe doesn't want to go there, it means nothing.

3) Probably not. What I think doesn't really matter though. It's all hypotheticals anyway.

4) Jokers? I'm trying to have a genuine converstaion and haven't belittled any posters/players/clubs.
That's fine. The deal won't be any more next year than it will this year. We already know how good he is and he will only be a year older and who knows how he will come back from his injury, or if others will follow.

5) It has been bandied about. Obviously the clubs that are discussed as possibly getting him, true or not, are going to be more excited than the club that's losing him. If you think it's rubbish, ignore it.

6) What does this have to do with anything? Most clubs lose players at some point for various reasons.

Gibbs wants to leave Carlton for a chance at success. Obviously Carlton are years off. Fyfe if he goes won't be going for dollars. Freo have a truckload of that. If he wants success he has more of a chance at Freo than Carlton plus the added incentive of being captain of Freo's first premiership. Carlton being a destination club for Fyfe makes no sense.

All good. Appreciate you giving me one of the only reasonable responses, but I did say that we had our own picks this year and next that would both be around the #5 mark like this years and could be used in any possible combination with the two 1sts that we MIGHT get from Crows.

The problem is that some people take offense where there is none and it snowballs from there. A more reasonable poster might just say 'swap your Adelaide 1sts for your own and we might be on the right track'. Doesn't mean that you think Fyfe is gone or that you're happy to trade him, just keeps the hypothetical trade going in a civil manner.

Surprised no one has thrown it out there that Fyfe & Ross will go to the Blues as a package deal due to Lyon and SOS' friendship and also the fact Bolton is contracted as a member of staff and has no set time period.... I think I need a crumpet.

As Freo fans would you take Pick 4, 8 for Fyfe from the Suns

In the spirit of hypothetical discussion I think an offer like that would be significantly closer to the ball park than an offer involving 2 first rounders in the teens - even if a player is coming back (unless it's a genuine gun or top rated kid). There's usually a pretty vast gap between top 5, top 10, and then the rest of the 1st round.

All of this is of course predicated on Fyfe asking out.

Their strategy was well executed - he blinsided the Club big time - and made himself 'unpalatable' which means his price goes down. His departure was never planned for - still contracted for 3 years...

I think this deal will force the AFL to consider allowing Clubs to have the same freedom with contracts as players - was bound to happen anyway.

oh and if you are askling...yeah Gibbs is a dog.
Fyfe trade doesn't get done this season and if he makes it known he wants to move next year, we'll match and he'll go to the highest bidder. If he asked to move this year, I reckon we could get two/three picks in the top ten this year from GC.

If the reports are true that the Blues are only dealing with Gibbs' manager in relation to a suitable trade and giving the Crows the silent treatment, well done. 100% leave it up to the only parties that want this trade to happen to come up with a suitable offer; FWIW based on the current circumstances, I don't think #13 & McGovern or Cameron is unreasonable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back