List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

It was an article about Fyfe's re-signing which is exactly the topic of the thread. What you thinking instead? Taberner talk?

Are we talking about Fyfe though or just making idiotic complaints about a journalist again? That's what the media thread's for.

Have a go at the Geelong pleb in the main board thread.

Fyfe is worth every cent and has earnt his wage through hard work. Nobody expected him to come on the way he has. Our first brownlow medallist. Deserves a high wage. Should have asked for more(if the figure in the media is accurate)
Don't worry about him mate he's just a troll.

Hagdorn is just piecing everything together and having a guess

Fyfe says hes stay at Freo - Tick
Fyfe says 2 weeks ago he is close to signing - Tick
Ross says on Monday he stays out of it but thinks Fyfe is close to signing (very big warning sign that its soon, Ross never comments on this) - Tick

Article gets released and Fyfe will sign within the next week, I bet.

Peter Bell has just said that Fyfe hasn't re-signed as yet, however he believes that he will put pen to paper soon.

I think they are waiting for a clear news cycle. Hodge retiring took this weeks news.

They may wait a week for the current afl scandal to clear then announce.

Prediction Tue week.

Genuine question.

Why are journalists allowed to keep their job if they keep writing articles that are 'fact' and they aren't?

I mean honestly, their one job is to write about the facts, so if they don't do that how do they remain in a job?

I gather their is now an incredibly blurred line with journalism these days as much is opinion pieces etc.

His article yesterday was presented as fact and when it is not IMO he should be removed from his position or not given clearance by his supervisor to write such articles. It is obviously not the first time.

Perhaps I'm being petty, but news these days is nothing but gossip and opinion.

Some head coach in the AFL made the comment about there being no accountability in the media and he was dead right.

Caro said they're utterly professional and beyond reproach.

I felt what she did to a guest on their show was pathetic and thankfully Ross saw right through it and didn't bite.

Ross makes a generic comment about reporters, which he then again clarified after Caro dished it out and he is 100% correct and it was a simple comment. She got on her high horse and has a crack at him and he just laughs, which was the right response. You could tell he just thought 'You're a dick Caro'.

As much as Ross is calculated with what he says, you get the impression he is truly humbled by the opportunity presented to him. I think he truly understands his wages are a result of media, sponsorships and relationships and the growth of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure I've heard a UK football journalist asked the same question in relation to their credibility and so long as they cite 'according to my source' or 'it is my understanding' it's pretty much a free for all.

Genuine question.

Why are journalists allowed to keep their job if they keep writing articles that are 'fact' and they aren't?

I mean honestly, their one job is to write about the facts, so if they don't do that how do they remain in a job?

I gather their is now an incredibly blurred line with journalism these days as much is opinion pieces etc.

His article yesterday was presented as fact and when it is not IMO he should be removed from his position or not given clearance by his supervisor to write such articles. It is obviously not the first time.

Perhaps I'm being petty, but news these days is nothing but gossip and opinion.

Some head coach in the AFL made the comment about there being no accountability in the media and he was dead right.
Why does a president get to keep his job after being called out on lie after lie after lie?

Wow...I just read the Fyfe thread abomination on the main board....wow. I actually feel dumber for reading it.

I cannot work out some people at all. Fyfe at his best was complete and utter game changer. He couldn't be tagged, he couldn't be stopped. He picked our team up on his enormous muscular shoulders and carried us.

I cannot wait for him to sign up again and start tearing up the comp with our budding midfield of Neale, Walters, Bennell, Hillx2, Blakely and Weller. With either Sandi or Hodor palming the ball down his throat week in week out. 2018 is going to be a good year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back