List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a down game, still in our bests.
Did you miss the last couple weeks? Back to back BOG for us
Probably had something to do with the fact he was held at basically every single stoppage. Did he receive a free kick for it? Absolutely not.

Was genuinely ridiculous. If you are able to watch a replay just watch Fyfe at the stoppages. If his last name was Dangerfield and he played for Geelong he would broken the free kicks for record.

Probably had something to do with the fact he was held at basically every single stoppage. Did he receive a free kick for it? Absolutely not.

Was genuinely ridiculous. If you are able to watch a replay just watch Fyfe at the stoppages. If his last name was Dangerfield and he played for Geelong he would broken the free kicks for record.

Regardless of that I don't think there was anything wrong with the game he played!

In the first 13 games of 2015, Fyfe played at an Elite level which may be as good as any player has played (he averaged 2.2 Brownlow votes per game).
In Round 15, 2015 (vs Hawthorn) he suffered a cork from S.Mitchell and has struggled with injuries and fitness since.
If you are going to judge Fyfe by comparing him to those 13 games in 2015, then yes, he is below his best.

But, in 2017 he is currently ranked 7th in the AFL player ratings for this season with an average of 16.4 points per game (19.2 since Round 15, after his break to recover from injuries and soreness, which is currently the 4th best in the league).
A close look at his stats shows since Round 15, 2017, he is still a little below his benchmark stats for that Elite period at the start of 2015, but better than his stats from Round 15, 2015 through to Round 12, 2017.

I don't have a crystal ball to be able to declare that Fyfe will return to full fitness and the form of early 2015, but what I do know is, even when he is not at his best, he is still one of the best in the League. I reckon that's something we should be appreciating and commending.

In the first 13 games of 2015, Fyfe played at an Elite level which may be as good as any player has played (he averaged 2.2 Brownlow votes per game).
In Round 15, 2015 (vs Hawthorn) he suffered a cork from S.Mitchell and has struggled with injuries and fitness since.
If you are going to judge Fyfe by comparing him to those 13 games in 2015, then yes, he is below his best.

But, in 2017 he is currently ranked 7th in the AFL player ratings for this season with an average of 16.4 points per game (19.2 since Round 15, after his break to recover from injuries and soreness, which is currently the 4th best in the league).
A close look at his stats shows since Round 15, 2017, he is still a little below his benchmark stats for that Elite period at the start of 2015, but better than his stats from Round 15, 2015 through to Round 12, 2017.

I don't have a crystal ball to be able to declare that Fyfe will return to full fitness and the form of early 2015, but what I do know is, even when he is not at his best, he is still one of the best in the League. I reckon that's something we should be appreciating and commending.
Another factor that know one is taking on board is the new role of captain. Often players take a dip in form when they first take on the mantle.

Also, Fyfe is a way more accountable player now than in 2015. Now he is directing the kids and manning up. Gu and Suban were block merchants for Fyfe in 2015 giving him way more space to apply his craft.

Some may count all these things as "excuses" but they're more the realities of where he's at right now.

The St Kilda board is a good laugh. Everything he says and doesn't say indicates he wants out of Freo and/or they're covering their asses when he re-signs with Freo:

a) he says he was envious of watching Dangerfield play last season
reading deeper into his comments, I think he's envious of the media exposure Dangerfield was getting. If he wants more media he'd get more in Vic. We've got a war chest and three first rounders (puffing chest out).

b) he says he's leaving contract talks until later in the season, after he's got some footy under his belt
he has an agreement with us and he's just saying all the right things to please the club and supporters. If we've already got an agreement he's not going to come out in public and say "I want out."

c) he wants success
if Freo have another bad season and if we finish top 8, they won't match our bid so they get the priority pick (like we don't know they have three firsts in the next two drafts). We have a war chest, Fyfe and three first rounders (puffing chest out). Otherwise we'll just trade Hickey (Freo are DESPERATE for a ruckman) and our lowest first round pick for Fyfe and their second.

d) Fyfe has an attitude problem
It's pretty clear he doesn't get along with his teammates and they all think he's FIGJAM with a big head. I don;t want him at our club, would rather use our picks on elite talent. He'd take up too much of our cap and is overrated anyway. He's coming back from two broken legs, he's goooonnnnnneeeeeeee and a huge risk. For the money we'll get Shirl, Kelly, Hopper, Martin and Rocky.

I hope all the big free agents re-sign with their current club as a big F U to St Kilda.
Well, I don't want to sound like a d*&k hole and say I told you so, but I told you so (9th March 2017).

Fyfe was the first one among the Saints "big fish" to sign. It's funny to see how quick they moved on from him once he signed. Followed by the next 10 disappointments for their destination club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I don't want to sound like a d*&k hole and say I told you so, but I told you so (9th March 2017).
How to be pathetic, featuring St Kilda -

Chase Fyfe - Fyfe stays at freo
Dusty - Dusty stays at tigers
Kelly - Stays
Whitfield - Stays

Saints fans will convince themselves they don't want or need them, how dare these A grade players show loyalty instead of coming to our 'destination' club. They're now all spuds who got no clue for not coming to Seaford.

How to be pathetic, featuring St Kilda -

Chase Fyfe - Fyfe stays at freo
Dusty - Dusty stays at tigers
Kelly - Stays
Whitfield - Stays

Saints fans will convince themselves they don't want or need them, how dare these A grade players show loyalty instead of coming to our 'destination' club. They're now all spuds who got no clue for not coming to Seaford.

I have a whisper exclusive right here. Once they also lose Rockliff I have it on good word they will be targeting Sutcliffe and Sheridan.

Saints are lucky that North made that Godfather offer or else they'd be wearing the bulk of the ridicule right now.

Change St Kilda to Freo and insert every key forward known to man

True, but the main difference is that we're hopeful at best about luring those guys, whereas they seemed to convince themselves beyond any shadow of a doubt that those players were St Kilda bound. lots and lots of schadenfreude being had right now.

Saints are lucky that North made that Godfather offer or else they'd be wearing the bulk of the ridicule right now.

True, but the main difference is that we're hopeful at best about luring those guys, whereas they seemed to convince themselves beyond any shadow of a doubt that those players were St Kilda bound. lots and lots of schadenfreude being had right now.
They've already changed the narrative.

I kid you not, now they are saying Kelly was just a smokescreen. They're after a contracted player.

You guys are so mean about the Saints. We've all just assumed wrongly. They are going to use their first pick on Kelly like they said. Just of the Tim variety, not Josh.

You guys are so mean about the Saints. We've all just assumed wrongly. They are going to use their first pick on Kelly like they said. Just of the Tim variety, not Josh.

I thought they might pick up James Kelly in the PSD. And try to coax Stefan Martin from Brisbane. They wanted the Martin from Melbourne, but he signed on, then they turned their gaze to Queensland and realised the Gold Coast Martin was out of the equation, so they looked to Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back