fyfe vs dusty

• Fyfe

Votes: 87 50.9%
  • Dusty

Votes: 84 49.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's put it into soccer terms:

- Dusty is like Messi, a genuine great playing in a genuinely great team. A big stage performer who makes those around him look just a little bit better as well.

Ronaldo performs on the big stage moreso than Messi.

One of the biggest criticisms of Messi is that he has not played all that well at the World Cup.

but mate, the other 2 blokes cant kick
fyfe is an okay kick now.
But 2013 when he missed three or four shots at goal will always be part of his legacy. Mind you he was only 21 i think that season. I think that sits in his gut because in any interview hes always talking about trying to improve his kicking.

Mods, can this be moved to a polls board or something? Clearly the Dusty/Danger one wasn’t working out.

I hate it when people just say "Fyfe" without explanation. It comes across as nothing more than a chance to pot Richmond.

Just shows their lack of football intellect/ignorance.

Nah just seems like a bit of a flog and has off the field issues. Fyfe seems like he'd be a great bloke to have a beer with
Dusty would sesh fyfe under the table, now jog on

You'll get different responses depending on what people value more when rating one as "better".

If you like consistent elite output, Fyfe is your man (most Brownlow votes per game ever)
If you like someone who performs in the games that matter, Dusty is your man (2 Norm Smith & Gary Ayres Medals)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's fairly subjective really. They don't fill quite the same roll though there is some overlap.
I'd have either or both in a team.
I was thinking earlier today if Dusty was comparable to Bucks as a player, with Dusty being a bit more inside that Bucks. I will probably cop it for that but I was just wondering.

I hate it when people just say "Fyfe" without explanation. It comes across as nothing more than a chance to pot Richmond.
Seriously tho ,FMD you guys are preciously insecure

When will some of you guys get it through your head not everyone thinks everything Richmond is the greatest or who have differing opinions are trolling.

Both are unbelievable players and along with danger the 3 standout players in the comp

- Fyfe is like Ibrahimovic, probably the best of the lot, but has never played for a big team contending for the big prize (even his stint at Man Utd - they were never in EPL contention), so there will always be an asterix next to his name...but when you watch his highlights reel you can't help but sit there, jaw slightly open in awe.

Ibra has always played for big clubs. Malmö, the biggest club in Sweden; Ajax, the biggest club in the Netherlands; the biggest clubs in Italy, Juve and the two Milan sides; Barcelona of course. Cashed up Paris St Germain.

Reckon Fyfe is just about the best player in the comp and if he played for a good team in Melbourne, and played finals, more people would recognise this. But again, it’s splitting hairs, who wouldn’t want dusty in their team. He’s a generational player whose achievements are now remarkable and he has an excellent array of skills. Fyfe also has an excellent array of skills and I just like his elegance and football intelligence. It seems a bit petty to choose really.

Back