Fyfe vs Dusty

fyfe vs dusty

• Fyfe

Votes: 87 50.9%
  • Dusty

Votes: 84 49.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He was clearly injured....A big reason for why they lost that day.

That's just how fickle football fate can be....The Tigers are only ever an injury away to Martin, from dropping back to the field.

Rubbish, if it came down to just one player, Astbury who even the club admitted shouldn't have played, was the difference. His man Cox played his one and only great game of his career.
Dropping back to the field is a bit dramatic. I don't think we go from Premiers to missing the 8 without him.

The thing is, we can cover him for a game, a month, half a dozen games sporadically throughout the season but I don't think we win the flag if he misses the entire year.

We were written off when Rance did his knee in round 1, which is worse than doing it in preseason because the team has less time to plan, adjust and train for it. You can't replace a Dusty or Rance but others need to contribute in different ways. We wouldn't become a bum side, but over a year it could tell.

Dropping back to the field is a bit dramatic. I don't think we go from Premiers to missing the 8 without him.

The thing is, we can cover him for a game, a month, half a dozen games sporadically throughout the season but I don't think we win the flag if he misses the entire year.

We were written off when Rance did his knee in round 1, which is worse than doing it in preseason because the team has less time to plan, adjust and train for it. You can't replace a Dusty or Rance but others need to contribute in different ways. We wouldn't become a bum side, but over a year it could tell.

The point being it was indeed that Collingwood game - which you lost - that Martin was playing injured in.

From my perspective, that was the crucial deciding factor for that loss.....And I knew on the day that Collingwood had an excellent chance becuse of it.....They took that chance.

The point being it was indeed that Collingwood game - which you lost - that Martin was playing injured in.

From my perspective, that was the crucial deciding factor for that loss.....And I knew on the day that Collingwood had an excellent chance becuse of it.....They took that chance.
There were multiple other factors that made us clearly gettable in the end.
The biggest one was the stupidest defensive set up I've seen us use in the last 3 years. Rance on De Goey, and leave a massive runway for Cox to lead into. Genius. 6 goals between the pair to half time. After half time we fixed that, they kicked 1 between them.

There were multiple other factors that made us clearly gettable in the end.
The biggest one was the stupidest defensive set up I've seen us use in the last 3 years. Rance on De Goey, and leave a massive runway for Cox to lead into. Genius. 6 goals between the pair to half time. After half time we fixed that, they kicked 1 between them.
That boggled the mind. Let's give a 210cm giant 10 metres of space to run and jump at the footy instead of standing in the hole or bodying him...

Both incredible footballers, so anyone's reasons for picking their choice will be well backed up by stats and performance.

I wonder, with Freo not really troubling too many, if Fyfe is allowed to run around a bit like GAJ did at Gold Coast, it's really a softy tag, because he can't do it all himself, and rarely is one midfielder going to beat you on his own.

Which is a credit to him by the way, acknowledgement that he is nearly too good to stop, so why bother...
Dusty's credit is, that not one type of player can stop him, he can be tagged, but most taggers struggle when he goes forward, a back might play well on him, but gets lost when he takes him up into the play.

I take Dusty, simply because hes been apart of what my club has achieved... and will continue to be...
If I were a Freo supporter, I would be happily taking Fyfe...

Dusty for me. He's comfortably the most damaging player in the competition in my opinion.

Dusty for me. He's comfortably the most damaging player in the competition in my opinion.
That's pretty clear for me too, there are certainly more well rounded players as Dusty does sweet F all defensively, but no one else is as damaging at key moments than Dusty. He's the most influential at winning games of footy over the last few years.

That's pretty clear for me too, there are certainly more well rounded players as Dusty does sweet F all defensively, but no one else is as damaging at key moments than Dusty. He's the most influential at winning games of footy over the last few years.

Franklin has him covered by a fair distance if you are talking straight up flipping games on their head.

With ball in hand there's no one better than Dusty. Just so evasive, creative and skilful. Fyfe is better at contested footy but I'd still take Dusty.

Not recently he doesn't. Over the last 3 years Dusty has been the premier matchwinner in the game. Prior to that, sure.

Nope. A guy who only manages 32 goals a season is not in the discussion sorry.

Great player impacting games but to win games off his own boot, it's still Franklin and he did it in couple just this past season while injured for most of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player impacting games but to win games off his own boot, it's still Franklin and he did it in couple just this past season while injured for most of it.

Bullshit. Franklin has done sfa the last three years where as dusty has won 2 flags and 2 norms. He is clearly the most dominant player recently and for you saying otherwise is just another example of you trying to belittle him to try and give more credence to your 2 floppers. Danger and GAJ. Give it up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lmao. You might want to go and review a few recent finals (especially between Richmond and Geelong) and then tell me Dusty isn't a matchwinner....

As I said, over the last 3 years no one has been better, he is the match winner off his own boot, regardless of whether the goals come directly from it.

Lmao. You might want to go and review a few recent finals (especially between Richmond and Geelong) and then tell me Dusty isn't a matchwinner....

As I said, over the last 3 years no one has been better, he is the match winner off his own boot, regardless of whether the goals come directly from it.

I still think Danger was better in 2017

I still think Danger was better in 2017
You would. But logic would suggest if Dusty achieved the greatest ever individually awarded season, it'd be unlikely Danger was better.

Also I was referring to Dusty as a match winner across the last 3 seasons as a whole, in which there is no contest really.

can't really split them either way as they both have their own pros & cons and influence games in different ways. People generally overlook the idea that if you put Fyfe in the Richmond team he would dominate as much as Dusty does in finals. Dusty definitely more damaging and better offensively, but Fyfe is more well-rounded, regularly takes contested marks in D50.
To lead a team in a finals game id take Fyfe. If there was 10 minutes left and scores were level in said same game id take Dusty.

Back