Gabba timekeeper costs Dogs 4th

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
Not remotely suggesting old mate knew at the 15 min mark of the last qtr that the extra 25 secs would let the lions score enough to sneak into 4th but that honest mistake has cost the dogs 4th place and the double chance. We might need that chance the way we’ve been playing 😉

Lions were 1 point out of the 4 until 20 secs to go scored a point.

Will it be investigated?
Do the dogs have any opportunity to appeal?
Should it be looked at?

There’s a whole season worth of errors that could be looked at.

What cost the Dogs 4th was the Dogs losing their last 3 games of the season

Last edited:
There’s a whole season worth of errors that could be looked.

What cost the Dogs 4th was the Dogs losing their last 3 games of the season

Exactly

The Bulldogs only have themselves to blame for going from top spot to 5th.

I could cry conspiracy until the cows come home with Hawthorn in the lower end of the ladder. But as it turns out, it you play rubbish football you get beaten a lot.

No that’s what cost us first or second.
This wasn’t our error it was an officials.
You were 3 goals up deep into the third quarter on your home deck last night....And this was after you’d already lost your previous two matches. Nobody else to blame but yourselves.

Exactly

I could cry conspiracy until the cows come home with Hawthorn in the lower end of the ladder. But as it turns out, it you play rubbish football you get beaten a lot.
No doubt, also not relevant to an officials error. Without that mistake we still finish 4th. Despite our poor finish to the season.
sure we should have won last night tokeep our destiny in our own hands.

You were 3 goals up deep into the third quarter on your home deck last night....And this was after you’d already lost your previous two matches. Nobody else to blame but yourselves.
True. We let the lions decide our fate. But needing an extra point to skip us they were given extra time. That’s the question, not us shitting the bed.

Exactly

Btw I’m not calling it a conspiracy. I said i felt it was an honest mistake. But that mistake might cost us dearly. Should it be looked at?

Not remotely suggesting old mate knew at the 15 min mark of the last qtr that the extra 25 secs would let the lions score enough to sneak into 4th but that honest mistake has cost the dogs 4th place and the double chance. We might need that chance the way we’ve been playing 😉

Will it be investigated?
Should it be looked at?

Appeal? Lol. How about we appeal the free kick differential advantage you guys have been kissed with all season and see if you guys even make the 8 without it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will it be investigated?
Should it be looked at?

Respectfully - no, no and no..!!!

Sadly, this is yet another typical AFL media click-bait story in the same vein as the grass was too long, players ate sour oranges at half time and the goal posts are too high...

Nothing came of the umpire mistake earlier in the season that cost Lions a game against Geelong, and the AFL even admitted the umpire made a mistake, so nothing will happen here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back