Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

On the brightside, at least we've had a couple of games in a row at home under our belts and our record against Brisbane aint too bad, so a prime opp to do some bouncing back. Also we play them again this year, so will get a return fixture making it three in a row at home at the end of the year to stamp a run into finals :straining:.

Lol look forward to the thrashing this week then, and the next week when we have to travel twice in 2 weeks.
The article says we'll stay in QLD for a week. Then fly to Vic for the next game. So only "travel" once.

Lol look forward to the thrashing this week then, and the next week when we have to travel twice in 2 weeks.

Crowds could be at an all time low for the Optus era after that. Way to **** over some of your supporters
It's not ideal but we also can't cop the financial losses. I don't think we had much of a choice.

Crowds could be at an all time low for the Optus era after that. Way to **** over some of your supporters
as opposed to possibly having noone at the game this week?

We are getting a game in the end of the year here for trade so supporters aren't getting screwed.

In fact we just had two home games in a row, could argue that 2 home games in a row late in the season is more beneficial for us then to have 3 in a row now.

as opposed to possibly having noone at the game this week?

We are getting a game in the end of the year here for trade so supporters aren't getting screwed.

In fact we just had two home games in a row, could argue that 2 home games in a row late in the season is more beneficial for us then to have 3 in a row now.
We get 3 home games in a row later in the season. Pretty harsh run though... Richmond, Brisbane, West Coast

We'll be playing for draft picks by then so it will seem rosier...
Or we'll be semi competitive against Richmond, then pull an unexpected win out of our *** against Brisbane and head into the derby over confident we've got a real chance before getting smashed by 15 goals. I've seen this script somewhere before?!?

I wonder if it means having to take a bigger squad - which means it might leave the Peel team a bit depleted. (at least gives the blokes who have to play Peel reserves because of the limit on numbers a game in the seniors).

After the week of WAFL missed with COVID restictions we're really still looking to give some players the game time they need to get them up to AFL level, so sitting a few more players out for a week isn't going to do much good.

I suppose some players could fly over separately to Victoria and join the squad after playing with Peel. Cerra would be pretty close to getting a game in Round 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a long season to go before then.

I remember a season when North won the first nine in a row, then only three more for the rest of the year including losing a final.
Yeah but they looked **** for a good portion of those 9 games, so it wasn't a huge surprise when they stopped winning. Kind of like a poor-man's 2015 Freo.

It's not like we look a million bucks and lose. We look ok and beat sides who are less than ok and that's our level.

We are simply having a road trip, it’s a flight to Brisbane then a flight from Brisbane to Vic then home. Pretty simple stuff and IMO should be part of a standard fixture. Wouldn’t playing in front of no supporters for 2 home games in a row be ******* them over further?

Yeah but they looked **** for a good portion of those 9 games, so it wasn't a huge surprise when they stopped winning. Kind of like a poor-man's 2015 Freo.

It's not like we look a million bucks and lose. We look ok and beat sides who are less than ok and that's our level.
I think we are putting hard lessons into our young midfielders structure wise and positioning and it's costing us now, but will be great later.

Serong is getting a belting.

right call, but geelong/richmond/brisbane/west coast as our final 4 games at home isn't gonna be a fun time

yeah 2016 norf was a broke man's version of us the year before, they struggled to put us away while we went onto 0-9 or whatever horrible number it finished at

We are simply having a road trip, it’s a flight to Brisbane then a flight from Brisbane to Vic then home. Pretty simple stuff and IMO should be part of a standard fixture. Wouldn’t playing in front of no supporters for 2 home games in a row be ******* them over further?

We actually save one back and forth trip to Melbourne from perth as well.

Last year's experience should mean being in a hub wont be much of a drama.

We actually save one back and forth trip to Melbourne from perth as well.

Last year's experience should mean being in a hub wont be much of a drama.
I would love to see road trips as part of the standard fixture. Makes no sense to play home then away when you can set up a base then bash out 3 away games.

I would love to see road trips as part of the standard fixture. Makes no sense to play home then away when you can set up a base then bash out 3 away games.

Yeah i reckon you could do brisbane or Gold coast, sydney team and a Melbourne team across 3 straight weeks then fly back. Saves 4 trips long flights across the year. I suppose accommodation is the big thing to consider.

Teams who are due to play both freo and west coast in perth could do it in consective weeks as well vice versa.

We actually due to play swans in round 10 we do have an away game later in the year against them i suppose it should be under control be then.

But they could swap that game around as well if things dont improve in perth.

Yeah i reckon you could do brisbane or Gold coast, sydney team and a Melbourne team across 3 straight weeks then fly back. Saves 4 trips long flights across the year. I suppose accommodation is the big thing to consider.

Teams who are due to play both freo and west coast in perth could do it in consective weeks as well vice versa.

We actually due to play swans in round 10 we do have an away game later in the year against them i suppose it should be under control be then.

But they could swap that game around as well if things dont improve in perth.
The difficulty is in getting regular games at Optus and avoiding fixture clashes there with the WC. The swap in games means we are now scheduled to play Brisvegas at Optus on the same weekend as the WC have a Optus game. Not insurmountable, but probably not ideal.

I will be interested to see who of the Peel players they take to Brisbane

You would think Meek would have to go as backup and maybe a couple of others
Many of our young guys need the Peel hit outs for their development

I will be interested to see who of the Peel players they take to Brisbane

You would think Meek would have to go as backup and maybe a couple of others
Many of our young guys need the Peel hit outs for their development
I hope they just take 24 and fly in/out players as needed. Everyone at Peel (other than Bewley and Blakely) need the development time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back