Gaff’s contract extension. Eagle for life?

Remove this Banner Ad

upthecoastaz

Rookie
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Any word on how long it’s for? When it was first announced he was staying I kept seeing it was rumoured to be 6/7 years but I’ve never seen any reliable source comment on it. I recall on radio someone from west coast (think it was vozzo) saying that Gaff requested to keep the details private, when asked about how long he signed on for. I ask though, because a lot of the time word gets out and leaks somewhere. I’d be lying if I said the secrecy of it didn’t give me a bit of anxiety regarding his future of the club. Surely if one planned to stay with a club for the remainder of their career they’d be willing to let the public know... right? Gaffs at the age where signing a long term deal would basically solidify him as an eagle for life- hope that’s the case, but definitely not gonna get my hopes up.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
If he stays two more years then walks as an unrestricted free agent, I think I'd probably wish him well. We've got two years to see what we can do with our established talent. After that, there will be a transition.

dodgie

Team Captain
Dec 1, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Wanting to keep it private screams that he's either signed a very short term deal, or that he doesn't want to have to deal with the constant speculation again like he did this year. I think the first is more likely. Wants to taste premiership success before he leaves to a lowly Victorian team for mad amounts of cash. If it wins us a premiership, I say good luck to him.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Wanting to keep it private screams that he's either signed a very short term deal, or that he doesn't want to have to deal with the constant speculation again like he did this year.
Both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
Hopefully he’s a one club player. Would hate to see him eventually land at Norf.

I read six years on several sources, however unreliable they may be
1CD626F4-174C-4ABA-B02D-C36DAC95EDFD.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back