Gaff’s contract extension. Eagle for life?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish I could be a live in the moment type of person haha unfortunately for me, I’m always stressing about the future and what ifs
Sorry to hear this.

Slowing down and enjoying the now is something we as a civilisation fail to do, more often this not.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Thewest published an article today that referenced Gaff is on a long term deal. The Eagles have a policy of not announcing the length of contracts so it is nothing unusual.

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Wish I could be a live in the moment type of person haha unfortunately for me, I’m always stressing about the future and what ifs

As much as I love Gaff I wouldn't be worried if he's only signed for 2 years. Worst case scenario he leaves as an unrestricted FA and we get a band 1 or 2 compo - pretty much the same as we would have received this year - but we got an extra 2 prime years from him while we're in the window.

If he signed a long term contract but changes his mind we have a lot of leverage and should do well in a trade.

If he signed a long term contract and stays then he'll hopefully be pushing to be our games record holder (fingers crossed)

All 3 scenarios are good. Nothing to worry about!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
If it is true and Gaff has signed for 6 years, as several sources have stated as absolute solid fact as being true and real and unbendingly secure, then will he be our first 300 gamer.
Nice little accolade to have if so. Currently at 175 games.

Shuey similar games but 2 years older.
Darling on 172 and same age.
Masto on 198 but can we see another 4+ yrs out of him???
Hurn the big one to be our first though with 248 games. 2 full years with finals and he is there.

upthecoastaz

Rookie
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
As much as I love Gaff I wouldn't be worried if he's only signed for 2 years. Worst case scenario he leaves as an unrestricted FA and we get a band 1 or 2 compo - pretty much the same as we would have received this year - but we got an extra 2 prime years from him while we're in the window.

If he signed a long term contract but changes his mind we have a lot of leverage and should do well in a trade.

If he signed a long term contract and stays then he'll hopefully be pushing to be our games record holder (fingers crossed)

All 3 scenarios are good. Nothing to worry about!

Thanks for this mate, never really thought about it like that. Definitely makes me feel more at ease about the unknown

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back