Rumour Gaff at Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
The hopped Jumper does suit Gaff. I can envision him playing at the Cattery but from all reports Melbourne seem to be the number 1 candidate for the Victorian born midfield guru. In all honesty, Melbourne look a team on the up and on the verge of becoming a heavyweight contender for years to come while we're already midfield loaded and hovering around finals extinction in season 2018.

With Tim Kelly almost certain to leave the Cattery at the end of the year, does Gaff have a realistic chance to come to Geelong or are Melbourne the lone candidate to claim the WCE champion on baller?

The hopped Jumper does suit Gaff. I can envision him playing at the Cattery but from all reports Melbourne seem to be the number 1 candidate for the Victorian born midfield guru. In all honesty, Melbourne look a team on the up and on the verge of becoming a heavyweight contender for years to come while we're already midfield loaded and hovering around finals extinction in season 2018.

With Tim Kelly almost certain to leave the Cattery at the end of the year, does Gaff have a realistic chance to come to Geelong or are Melbourne the lone candidate to claim the WCE champion on baller?
Doubt Gaff will leave.

Melbourne is just a far too logical choice.

Team of inside mids needing that final class and polish, although Gaff can win the ball himself when he needs too. Up and coming. I'd say WC without Gaff is going to be lesser than Melbourne with Gaff, so in terms of success likelihood it makes since. Melbourne should have cap room to give him a decent pay day, and they have the ability to get the deal done if it comes to a trade - they certainly can give up better than pick 16 if necessary (much like Danger to Geelong wasn't market value but it was better than a solitary first rounder if he left as a FA) - Eagles can stretch the value they get for his exit.

I'd love to know what it is that prompts you to make some of these threads. For starters the general mail around Kelly is that he's got at least until the end of next season (you know, when his contract runs out) and as recently as this week it was suggested that Scott knows a bit about his future plans courtesy of his 'Tim has a heap of good footy in him for the Cats' comment that attracted some attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to know what it is that prompts you to make some of these threads. For starters the general mail around Kelly is that he's got at least until the end of next season (you know, when his contract runs ou) and as recently as this week it was suggested that Scott knows a bit about his future plans courtesy of his 'Tim has a heap of good footy in him for the Cats' comment that attracted some attention.

Gary Ablett was contracted to the suns as well, didn’t stop him from getting to geelong...

Being contracted doesn’t mean that much these days.

For Gaff, he could end up anywhere atm. If he doesn’t sign by finals time I think he’s gone though.

Gary Ablett was contracted to the suns as well, didn’t stop him from getting to geelong...

Being contracted doesn’t mean that much these days.

For Gaff, he could end up anywhere atm. If he doesn’t sign by finals time I think he’s gone though.

Gold Coast also knew they could get nothing more out of him. Even if he stayed and got on the paddock, being carried by a 34 year old wouldn't advance their cause at all so they stood to gain nothing keeping him.
While we aren't a title threat, we're still in the finals mix so you'd think we've got a lot more reason to at least say 'you can go home in a year, just give us one season of your best and you can go with our best wishes.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back