Status
Not open for further replies.

CazC30

Far from the madding crowd.
Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast
True. Liam Ryan. Integrity officer. Gaff. Olango. And that's just the last month. But who cares about culture and role modelling for kids? We know Nisbett certainly doesn't... Your supporters haven't learnt from last time when you were winning games but destroying lives.
Maybe a little dramatic... Says the violin x

CazC30

Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast
phantom draft 2018 - Gaff, Bugg, Cameron, Toby Green all available, would you take any of them?
Well yes of course a moments 'unthinking' by Gaff shouldn't destroy his life but yes he should find another team and continue on. I don't know enough about what the other players have done (I'll look them up) but Andrew Gaff should be punished by the league and we all live happily afterward... ? Looks as if they have.
<iframe allowfullscreen frameborder="0" width="698" height="573" scrolling="no" id="molvideoplayer" title="MailOnline Embed Player" src="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/1740598.html"></iframe>

Granny Val

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2013
Wheatbelt/Rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Scorchers
I had to watch the interview again after reading your post. Having done so I think he’s suffering much more physically and mentally than he lets on but he’s clearly not one to wallow in self pity and has real strength of character. He’s already put his injuries in perspective comparing it to what he’s seen through his work with the kids through the starlight foundation and talking about not wanting this kind of thing to happen again to anyone I think shows he’s working through the mental side too.

I also thought that nothing in his description of the incident suggested he thought it was an accidental hit.

There’s just no comparison between the way He is conducting himself and Gaffs self centred ‘poor me’ attitude. I hope this whole mess can change Gaff for the better.

Proud to have AB at Freo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great post Beak A.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

CazC30

Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm sure Mainwaring's family doesn't think so. Until you get rid of Nisbett nothing will change off the field.

Time to **** off back to your own board now ostrich.
Your banter is first class just wondering when my invite to tea is coming... Will you use the best China... ?

Hey, go easy.... I am in the UK and a bit out the loop can you post any source for this or the thread here. Don't be mean x

Freo Shark

Invasion of the Purple Haze
Oct 18, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks, Miami Heat, Wildcats, 49ers
What's the point of making this public?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/i-...t/news-story/ec9b2faa2cb2d3840ad7d6c3fccd6789

Yeah if he was injured and needed cheering up, but he's in Melbourne. Not even with the team and he's the hero? Ffs this is just stupid

WTF is this s**t. The guy is missing because he was a filthy dog and king hit and seriously injured Andy. The guy should be made to apologise for letting the campaigners down not having sympathy bestowed upon him.

Hamish should tell them to shove it and ask for a trade. Its a colective FU to him, Andy and the whole family.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
WTF is this s**t. The guy is missing because he was a filthy dog and king hit and seriously injured Andy. The guy should be made to apologise for letting the campaigners down not having sympathy bestowed upon him.
It's definitely a bit weird isn't it. They will finish 2nd, in prime position, and he has inflicted the single biggest blow to their chances, yet they really do see him as the victim. Remarkable.

GAS PANIC

All Australian
Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What's the point of making this public?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/i-...t/news-story/ec9b2faa2cb2d3840ad7d6c3fccd6789

Yeah if he was injured and needed cheering up, but he's in Melbourne. Not even with the team and he's the hero? Ffs this is just stupid

Sorry to intrude guys but i just saw this article myself and honestly can't believe someone would think that sharing that publicly was anything but a moronic move.

Will be interesting to see if the Vic-centric football media pick up this photo story and discuss it more in detail. I just couldnt imagine a Vic club doing this and not getting anything but slammed in the media.

Last edited:

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
How hard has this been to deal with? I've passed through every negative emotion available and then finally my mind spat out two symbols. One was for Freo- the self actualising, brave and true, owning the moment Andy. The other symbol for West Coast, on a murky horizon somewhere was Run Away Gaff. It soothed my soul these two images.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
To lose Andrew like we did — and it was a six-day break — part of me felt it was good to get away (from Perth). - Adam Simpson

Seriously. Does he have any *en idea at all? * me. It's mind-blowing their arrogance and stupidity all rolled into one.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seriously. Does he have any ****en idea at all? **** me. It's mind-blowing their arrogance and stupidity all rolled into one.
Bit harsh... I have heard Simpson, Nisbett and West Coast are willing to put the whole incident behind them once Andy Brayshaw apologies to Andrew Gaff for putting his jaw in line with Gaff's swinging fist. The harm that Brayshaw has caused their reputation has been significant but being the good blokes they are they won't be suing.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
**** I just read some of the comments from their supporters on that tweet. FFS that is the most cringeworthy s**t I've seen in my life. "our thoughts are with you Gaffy" and plenty tagging Basil about this proving there is nothing wrong with their culture. Just wtf? I can't imagine there is a single non-supporter of WC that wouldn't find it disturbing. Suspect the Vic media won't care too much but will be hilarious if they do and make a mockery of them yet again.

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
Just when some thought they were off the gear.
It said so in the Sunday Times where I get my informed opinions from.
It's what I grew up with so it's normal.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Your banter is first class just wondering when my invite to tea is coming... Will you use the best China... ?

Hey, go easy.... I am in the UK and a bit out the loop can you post any source for this or the thread here. Don't be mean x
How is being in the UK an excuse for being out of the loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back