Rumour Gale may be leaving Richmond?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's wrong. We've recently lost staff to the NBA in the US, Liverpool FC, Channel 7 and the Melbourne Storm on the basis of our off field performance and achievements. We are certainly developing talent, but face the archetypal risk of all sporting organisations in that it's hard to provide personal growth pathways in scare resource environments.

Haere Ra
So a few Employees getting positions elsewhere balances out the delusion carried by a number of Richmond supporters that the Richmond Football Club is seen and therefor feared as this sleeping Leviathan poised to consume all in its path?

Again, nobody outside of Richmond supporters really rate Richmond. Therefore nobody fears the Club and nobody is trying to keep the Club down because of this fear.

So a few Employees getting positions elsewhere balances out the delusion carried by a number of Richmond supporters that the Richmond Football Club is seen and therefor feared as this sleeping Leviathan poised to consume all in its path?

Again, nobody outside of Richmond supporters really rate Richmond. Therefore nobody fears the Club and nobody is trying to keep the Club down because of this fear.
Sadly, the truth.
No one rates us except ourselves.
While we wear the three straight finals tag as a badge of honour, others simply point to winning finals records.

Well obviously the NBA, Liverpool FC and Melbourne Storm do for a start, and I was at a board meeting of a major NZ Cricket Association last night at which our Allied Leisure deal was mentioned. But suit yourself.

Haere Ra

Well obviously the NBA, Liverpool FC and Melbourne Storm do for a start, and I was at a board meeting of a major NZ Cricket Association last night at which our Allied Leisure deal was mentioned. But suit yourself.

Haere Ra
Well the next time Richmond play off for a Premiership against any of those organisations you can Private Message me with an I told you so.

Sure, but this thread is about an off-field appointment is it not?

Haere Ra
This thread has evolved to be a number of things. One of which was this supposed fear or the Richmond Club becoming an on field success. The discussion line you came in on was a retort to this belief and my stance that nobody fears Richmond becoming an on field anything.

This thread has evolved to be a number of things. One of which was this supposed fear or the Richmond Club becoming an on field success. The discussion line you came in on was a retort to this belief and my stance that nobody fears Richmond becoming an on field anything.

Yes that's a good observation regarding the thread.

Haere Ra

Lets wait and see what sort of revenue our Allied Leisure deal brings in before we start trumpeting it's success.

not saying we don't need to explore more diverse revenue streams however nothing is a success until we see profits that aren't dependent on membership numbers and supporters generosity.
well you'll never know until you give it a crack. the good thing about this business is it requires little capital investment. More human capital. health and fitness is going through a real renaissance with 24/7 gyms built on every street corner at the mo. if they employ the right folks then no reason it shouldn't be a ball tearing success

Lets wait and see what sort of revenue our Allied Leisure deal brings in before we start trumpeting it's success.

not saying we don't need to explore more diverse revenue streams however nothing is a success until we see profits that aren't dependent on membership numbers and supporters generosity.

Never said it was a success or otherwise. Was raised by an external party as an example of revenue diversification, which is always a high inherent risk of any professional sporting body. It's a good initiative.

Haere Ra

Never said it was a success or otherwise. Was raised by an external party as an example of revenue diversification, which is always a high inherent risk of any professional sporting body. It's a good initiative.

Haere Ra

that wasn't a comment directed towards you, more a general observation.
Im all for diversifying our revenue streams, and hope it's profitable. The fitness industry is growing rapidly but also lots of competition out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When my Benny, when my Benny smiles at me
I go to Rio De Janeiro, my oh, me oh
I go wild and then I have to do the
Stability in Mediocrity lalalala

Now I'm not the kind of person
With a passionate losing persuasion for Richmond'
But I give in to the rhythm
And my feet follow the beatin' on my arce

Woah, when my Benny, when my Benny smiles at me
I go to Rio De Janeiro I'm a suffering fellow
When my Benny smiles at me
The bull ship lightens up my life
And I am free at last, what a farce

I feel like a Mange Tiger, of the jungle
There at the GEE
And in stand while Chimp plays below , we make turnovers

Now, I'm not the type to let vibrations
Trigger my imagination easily
You know that's just not me
But I turn into a tiger
Every time I get beside the one I love
Woah, woah, woah, Rio, Rio, Rio

I go to Rio De Janeiro I'm a Snakey fellow

I go to Rio, that's when I go to Rio
Rio, Rio De Janeiro
Rio, Rio, Rio

I go to Rio De Janeiro, my oh, me oh
I go wild and then I have to do the
Stability in Mediocrity lalalala

Now I'm not the kind of person
With a passionate losing persuasion for Richmond'
But I give in to the rhythm
And my feet follow the beatin' on my arce

I go to Rio De Janeiro I'm a suffering fellow

I feel like a Mange Tiger, of the jungle
There at the GEE
And in stand while Chimp plays below , we make turnovers

Now, I'm not the type to let vibrations
Trigger my imagination easily
You know that's just not me
But I turn into a tiger
Every time I get beside the one I love
Woah, woah, woah, Rio, Rio, Rio

I go to Rio De Janeiro I'm a Snakey fellow

I go to Rio, that's when I go to Rio
Rio, Rio De Janeiro
Rio, Rio, Rio

you are one strange bloke.

I would have thought Gale would have cancelled this Rio junket considering the mess the club is in right now.

Benny loves his overseas sports junkets (Olympics, World Cups, Super Bowl, etc) especially when us members are paying the bill for it.

Give us one link proving the club paid for those trips

You will struggle, because he was a guest of jeep in his role as the CEO of the club they sponsor. They paid, not us members

Give us one link proving the club paid for those trips

You will struggle, because he was a guest of jeep in his role as the CEO of the club they sponsor. They paid, not us members

What's the point of Gale going to overseas sporting events, especially while the club is in crisis like right now? What point does it serve?

What's the point of Gale going to overseas sporting events, especially while the club is in crisis like right now? What point does it serve?

Jeep have events at these comps, at which they like to promote their reach in global sport by having a wide number of the peeps they sponsor there to chat and mingle with the locals at their marquee, sky box, or the like

This is all about jeep, and this is done for them to keep them happy

Jeep have events at these comps, at which they like to promote their reach in global sport by having a wide number of the peeps they sponsor there to chat and mingle with the locals at their marquee, sky box, or the like

This is all about jeep, and this is done for them to keep them happy

So who's doing Gale's job of representing the Board which is under fire while he's away for a few weeks? It's not Peggy she's gone to ground in the bunker and been unsighted.

It's another misstep by Gale he hasn't read seriousness of the situation.

So who's doing Gale's job of representing the Board which is under fire while he's away for a few weeks? It's not Peggy she's gone to ground in the bunker and been unsighted.

It's another misstep by Gale he hasn't read seriousness of the situation.
He hasn't gone to Mars. He would be in contact with the club every day. It is 2016 not 1944. We have the Internet Skype live conference calls. Benny won't be missing out on anything. And Peggy will be live on 3aw this Friday night between 6pm and 7.30 pm you are welcome to listen in she might even give you a shout out

Have just read Caro's latest piece in the Age. I'm afraid that Caro's poisonous arrow is, in reality, directed at all in the Richmond hierarchy including Peggy, Brendon and Damien.

As a beleaguered Carlton supporter I reckon our "re-structuring" or "re-engineering" will, in time, be achieved more seamlessly than what is about to explode at Richmond. That is not meant as a boast btw.

If I were Brendan Gale I would jump at any offer from the MCC. If he refuses it he will end up being an endless object of attack, especially from Caro, who falsely claims to be an independant journo but who, as the daughter of a former Richmond President, is an instinctual partisan when it comes to internal Richmond politics, alas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back