Gallucci and Atkins commit until 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

simmo97

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hard-running wingman Rory Atkins and first-round draft pick Jordan Gallucci are the latest two Crows to commit their future to the Club.

Both players have signed two-year contract extensions which will keep them at West Lakes until at least the end of 2020.

Atkins has become a consistent performer in Adelaide’s midfield group playing every game in the past two seasons.

He took his game to another level in 2017 averaging 21 disposals a game highlighted by a 37-possession effort against Fremantle in Round 10.

The 23-year-old said it was an easy decision for him to stay at the Crows.

“Adelaide is a great place to live and play football so it’s great that I get to call it home for at least another two years,” Atkins said.

“The Club gave me my chance to play AFL football and I’m really grateful for that and want to repay that faith.

“We have a really tight-knit playing group who are constantly driving each other to improve which is a great environment to be around.”

Gallucci was rewarded for strong SANFL form in his first year at the Club with an AFL debut in Round Nine against Brisbane.

The 19-year-old played predominantly across half-forward and kicked a goal in an encouraging performance.

Crows General Manager List Management and Strategy Justin Reid said Atkins and Gallucci were both important players for the Club’s future.

“It’s fantastic to have two more promising young players commit themselves to the Club,” Reid said.

“For Rory to play every game in the past two seasons is a credit to his hard work and preparation.

“He’s become an integral part of our midfield group and we feel he still has plenty of upside.

“In his first year at the Club, Jordan has shown he has the skills and determination to succeed at the highest level and we look forward to his continued development.”

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-01-19/two-more-sign-on

This is wonderful news but will be cause of frustration to many others who want Atkins traded.

This is wonderful news but will be cause of frustration to many others who want Atkins traded.
No one else wants him traded, if he can deliver to his potential.

That was never on the cards.

A lot of BF posters get confused between PlayStation AFL and real world AFL. In the PlayStation version, you can trade anyone you like. Buy low, sell high, just like you do with your DreamTeam or SuperCoach. In the real world, it's exceedingly rare for players to be traded if they're happy where they are.

Atkins was never, ever, going to be traded unless he specifically requested it.

No one else wants him traded, if he can deliver to his potential.

The club was never going to consider trading him people but a few on this forum have aired this option and they are going to be disappointed.

Kind if surprised Gallucci signed for three years. He would be a walk up start at a few clubs but can't get a regular game here.

Thought he would only be a year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Two years. Until end of 2020. He was already signed to end of thie year. Now signed for 2019-2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kind if surprised Gallucci signed for three years. He would be a walk up start at a few clubs but can't get a regular game here.

Thought he would only be a year.

No surprise if you listened to Jordan and his father's interview the day after he was drafted, both spoke in glowing terms of the club and the interest we'd shown in Jordan a long way out from the actual Draft night .....I got the feeling listening to that they were pretty sure he was high in our calculations if he was still on the table with our 1st pick.

No surprise if you listened to Jordan and his father's interview the day after he was drafted, both spoke in glowing terms of the club and the interest we'd shown in Jordan a long way out from the actual Draft night .....I got the feeling listening to that they were pretty sure he was high in our calculations if he was still on the table with our 1st pick.
So did Lever....

I still don't see Gallucci breaking into our best 22 this year.

Credit to him for sticking it out and wanting to make it at a good club.

So did Lever....

I still don't see Gallucci breaking into our best 22 this year.

Credit to him for sticking it out and wanting to make it at a good club.

That's a long way from the vibe, actions and words coming out of the club I'm getting.

A lot of BF posters get confused between PlayStation AFL and real world AFL. In the PlayStation version, you can trade anyone you like. Buy low, sell high, just like you do with your DreamTeam or SuperCoach. In the real world, it's exceedingly rare for players to be traded if they're happy where they are.

Please don’t knock PlayStation AFL. I traded Gibbs into the Crows years ago. Our Mob are always behind the ball!!!

Great job in securing these two players through. Very happy.

Plus his best mate "The Hulk" is here as well.

Kane Cornes

Pretty sure he said that he had reliable inside info that Jordie was planning to leave at the end of 2018

Such is the level of Kornes information about the world he'd still consider the gooch to be the skin between his anus and (castrated) scrotum.

Same as Cameron was never getting us pick 12. You seem to get confused between certainties (of which there is only one), probabilities, possibilities, unlikely occurences and rare occurenes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back