Gambling advertising is out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

yep..I’d follow her around 18 holes

meanwhile...that foxtel betting “show”with Brownless and Thomas is an absolute disgrace.

Betting advertising is completely out of control on all media platforms.

But they pay big bucks consistently and the AFL needs every penny coming in after last years covid white wash
As poster that punts like 24/7 during the footy year, believe it or not, I do get disgusted by gambling ads. In fact I wish they were never visible.

I am seriously against it. Apart from the irritation factor, anything that encourages clueless people to gamble is not good.

As poster that punts like 24/7 during the footy year, believe it or not, I do get disgusted by gambling ads. In fact I wish they were never visible.

I am seriously against it. Apart from the irritation factor, anything that encourages clueless people to gamble is not good.
Couldn't agree more.

It got better a few years back, it's spiralled out of control now since the AFL is desperate for money.

It's crazy that the government hasn't stepped in. With the tax dollars they bring in though (even though they do their best to avoid paying as much of it as possible), I'm not surprised.

It's indefinable trash. Why the * the AFL is even allowed to have a "wagering partner" (note they call it wagering and not gambling.) is beyond me.

Zero chance of corruption there, right?

But that's not even the biggest issue. The issue is we now have betting and gambling ads every single ad break, from multiple agencies. It's even slammed down our throats during fox footy content like first crack, the * is with that? Enough is enough. Gambling addicts cannot possibly watch football right now.

The other thing that annoys me is that it's all hidden behind attempts at humour, hiding the dark underbelly.

* it all off for good.

Where can I make an official complaint? I urge others to do the same.

Where can I make an official complaint? I urge others to do the same.

Complain about gambling ads during live online sport
Complain to us if you think a gambling service is being advertised, or live odds promoted, during live sport streamed online.
Complain online, or by post:
Manager, Content Investigation Section
Australian Communications and Media Authority
PO BOX Q500
Queen Victoria Building
NSW 1230
You can complain anonymously. For more information see our Privacy Policy.

https://www.acma.gov.au/make-complaint-about-gambling-ad

Complain to us if you think a gambling service is being advertised, or live odds promoted, during live sport streamed online.
PO BOX Q500
Queen Victoria Building
NSW 1230

Absolutely filling one out. Enough is enough.

Gambling ads are completely out of control. They should be replaced with teaching people how to gamble so that people are at least armed with information how to gamble successfully. Gambling ads focus on which team is going to win but the real money is made on margins and looking for value when the bookies have incorrectly priced a margin. Case in point I loaded up on Essendon at +38.5 @1.50 tonight and it was the easiest money i've made. Generally they under price favourites who have just had a good win to sucker gamblers to load up on short odds. They are complete scumbags and that's why I love taking money from them.
Speaking of good betts I just got on Justin Thomas to take out the Master's. Been watching him on the range and he is swinging with great balance. Good bet at $11.

Last edited:

yep..I’m a game day multi enthusiast who loves the challenge.

but I don’t need one single gambling ad to aid my preferences

ban it all

it’s a god damn disgrace..all of it

It amazes me that Mark Wahlberg has lowered himself to do gambling advertising. How much money must they be paying him?

I had this thought myself. His net worth is in the vicinity of $250m.

WTAF??

PO BOX Q500
Queen Victoria Building
NSW 1230

ill be sending a letter in

and if anyone wants a copy and paste template to send because you’re either too lazy or illiterate, stay tuned because I’ll provide you with one ☝️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of hypocrites in this thread. "It's ok when I try to make money off gambling companies, but gambling companies trying to make money off me is bad."

I don't gamble but I am worried for the people addicted to it.

Just sitting on the couch to watch a game, you are swarmed with these rubbish ads. This could really damage people's lives.

Scale it back drastically.

PO BOX Q500
Queen Victoria Building
NSW 1230

Thank you so much for this information!
I've been wondering what the hell we can do

As Mick Molloy would say people " Get on this one !"

Please keep this thread going and keep bumping the details of that Complaint Line

Anyone in here close to the " Chief " ?
It's a big ask and I may be stepping out of line here as I don't know if this is a BF revenue stream but would it be possible to Banner Ad that complaint number for a few months ?

Hopefully if enough people complain something may happen
It's a joke and a disgrace !
I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling outraged

Lots of hypocrites in this thread. "It's ok when I try to make money off gambling companies, but gambling companies trying to make money off me is bad."
Not hypocritical. There is a huge skill gap between gambling companies and the average punter. Its equivalent to Phil Ivey sitting down to a hand of poker with some mug. Gambling companies prey on the weak and then either cut off or limit punters who know what they are doing and make a profit. That's not far at all. They manipulate the game to suit themselves.

I enjoy gambling on the footy, but it shouldn't be shoved down people's throats when they just want to watch the footy. It's embarrassing that the afl sells out by letting it happen at the expense of their fans. Billy brownness and Nathan brown can * off with their hot tips.

You ever listen to SEN? Without it that station wouldn't run. Its sickening the amount of gambling advertising that is on there. Saturday mornings Hutchie and Liam Pickering have a segment where they bet real money for chosen charities, great awesome. But of course, its sponsored by a gambling company and gets mentioned hundreds of times during the show. Its honestly disgusting and so immoral on so many levels, especially for a company that bangs on about the importance of health. Everyone knows gambling is one of the strongest links to poor mental health.

Agreed 100%
I used to work for a large bookmaker and their strategy was to go as hard as they possibly can in advertising. They sucker people in, then have account executives to ensure that they retain their big spenders. They are so unethical it isn't even funny.
Its ****ed. All they have to do is mention to gamble responsibly and that's it, go your hardest.

Are they really worse than Macca’s or HJ adds in the grand scheme of things considering the amount of little porkers you see these days ?

The campaigners should definitely be brought to heel about banning winners though

If it’s good enough for the punters to lose the same should apply to them , ban people for winning you’re gone ...end of

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back