Other Gambling Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: For all those gamblers

Ok, so an update of Superbowl markets sees San Diego and the Eagles as the biggest movers for this week.

Sandy are into as short as 6.50 on some markets, while the Eagles are inside 10.00 on some betting sites.

A rundown of the favs;

Indy: 4.00
NO: 4.00
Sandy: 6.50
Vikings: 8.00
Patriots: 10.00
Eagles: 10.00
Arizona: 18.00
Dallas: 21.00
Packers: 26.00
Raves: 26.00
Bengals: 31.00

I'm happy with getting on the Eagles at 19.00 recently, and will follow them closely as my "SuperBowl" team, now my niners are dead.

As for this week, I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened up the odds for the weeks' round of matches and saw a few standouts;

* San Diego - 2.35 - WIN; Can someone explain this, I know the Titans have been ok, but they have failed everytime they have played a "contender", and the Chargers still need to win out to claim the second seed, with an outside shot at 1st.

* Indy; -5.5 points; Really? I know the Jets have a good D, but I get the feeling the Colts are trying to go perfect.

weagles_fan

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Ajax,Stuttgart,Bayern,Eagles,Braves
Re: For all those gamblers

Ok, so an update of Superbowl markets sees San Diego and the Eagles as the biggest movers for this week.

Sandy are into as short as 6.50 on some markets, while the Eagles are inside 10.00 on some betting sites.

A rundown of the favs;

Indy: 4.00
NO: 4.00
Sandy: 6.50
Vikings: 8.00
Patriots: 10.00
Eagles: 10.00
Arizona: 18.00
Dallas: 21.00
Packers: 26.00
Raves: 26.00
Bengals: 31.00

I'm happy with getting on the Eagles at 19.00 recently, and will follow them closely as my "SuperBowl" team, now my niners are dead.

As for this week, I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened up the odds for the weeks' round of matches and saw a few standouts;

* San Diego - 2.35 - WIN; Can someone explain this, I know the Titans have been ok, but they have failed everytime they have played a "contender", and the Chargers still need to win out to claim the second seed, with an outside shot at 1st.

* Indy; -5.5 points; Really? I know the Jets have a good D, but I get the feeling the Colts are trying to go perfect.
o-really.jpg

Jul 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Nth Adl Roosters, NY Knicks,WestHam
2009 NFL Playoffs - Betting Lines

Viking's made -2.5 favorites v Dallas

Thoughts on this?

Personally i think the Dallas D will get pressure to Favre & force him to fling some picks.

If i was the Vikings i would do a lot of running with "all day" Peterson, however this hasn't been their MO of late, if the Boys get in front & Min have to start going pass only to catch up this could get ugly.

Could be a great game.

Re: Viking's made -2.5 favourite v Dallas

Thoughts on this?

Personally i think the Dallas D will get pressure to Favre & force him to fling some picks.

If i was the Vikings i would do a lot of running with "all day" Peterson, however this hasn't been their MO of late, if the Boys get in front & Min have to start going pass only to catch up this could get ugly.

Could be a great game.

Where did you get the lines from TBW TAB has not updated yet.

Jul 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams

Where did you get the lines from TBW TAB has not updated yet.

straight from the U S and A.;)

the Tab will take a while to sort it out, but they basically follow the lines set by Vegas--every now & then there's a point difference but its usually pretty close.

I find it hard to have anyone favourites against Dallas right now

I think that line will be lucky to make it to the TAB...

I'd expect that to be gobbled up pretty quick. Obviously some brave sole got the market out very quickly.

Dallas is a what is known as a public team (think Green Bay, Chicago, Lakers, Yankees) and will attract a lot of money from the casual fan/punter. Especially after todays performance in front of a national audience.

I'm just hurting that I didn't take the $26 pre-New Orleans win. Not that I'm saying we'll win, but we have a decent shake at it and that is great value.

I think that line will be lucky to make it to the TAB...

I'd expect that to be gobbled up pretty quick. Obviously some brave sole got the market out very quickly.

Dallas is a what is known as a public team (think Green Bay, Chicago, Lakers, Yankees) and will attract a lot of money from the casual fan/punter. Especially after todays performance in front of a national audience.

I'm just hurting that I didn't take the $26 pre-New Orleans win. Not that I'm saying we'll win, but we have a decent shake at it and that is great value.

Especially with the possibility the NFC Conf Chmpshp being played in Dallas.. #1 & #2 seeds can splutter like history tells us. Arizona have shocked the Cowboys in the play-offs before (1998) and the Packers did the job in the regular season soooo it'll be interesting if either wildcard can go into Nawlins to take all before them then take the favourite Cowboys on with alot
of pressure back on Dallas..

Still think 'Sota can't be taken lightly.. Peterson is a beast that will force the
'Boys to stack the box thus giving the likes of speedster WR's Rice & Harvin one on one coverage and the Vikes TE can't be overlooked either.

graps

Senior List
Mar 31, 2009
South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Norwood Redlegs

The Cowboys were pretty impressive today and it'd be hard to tip against them for the rest of the year if they can continue producing at that level.
Although, the Vikings are 8-0 at home this year, and looked to hit some form again just in time, albeit against a team that didn't really seem to care anymore.

Seems to me like a pretty even game, should be a cracker. :thumbsu:

I think Phillie aren't a great form line to read off.

They really fell away late in the year, and their whole team was physically buggered by half time today due to the heat, ending any chance they had.

The Vikings have been preparing for weeks for this one game, and with Peterson have the better running game, so they will be able to control the clock more then the Eagles could have dreamed of.

I'd maybe go even money bet here, with no line bet either way, although to back Dallas I would need more then a field goal head start.

I think the odds are about right though, considering where both sides finished, and the talent on both sides, plus the fact the game is in Viking country.

Having said that, 1 side from the WC round has made the Superbowl for the last 4 years, and Dallas would be my favourite amongst the 4 likely winners this week.

Having said that, 1 side from the WC round has made the Superbowl for the last 4 years, and Dallas would be my favourite amongst the 4 likely winners this week.

I'd agree with that BUT the winner of 'Wild Card teams' ARZ/GB will be able to take Nawlins down as well.. winning the division isn't all it's cracked up to be anymore... the likes of Cinci sweeping the AFC North and then thinking a good idea to take a dive in week 17 = lazy & disrespectful ....momentum is everything and Cinci paid the price...interesting to see what happens with the rusty Colts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MUFC,BristolR, GB,Duke,LAA,NYK

:confused: after they beat the undefeated Nawlins Saints?

I think your credibility for NFL knowledge just hit the wall.
and when the Vikings get up you can come back and say sorry :)

New Orleans are good but werent worthy of being undefeated to that stage and Dallas has a mean defence so it was a good win but Minny are better then Dallas. Sorry.

IMO the game will be determined by which DE has the most impact, Ware or Allen. If Allen can get pressure regulalry on Romo it will be gameover.

I can't see the Cowboys being all that effective on the ground, but Austin vs the Vikings CBs makes me shiver....

The Cowboys are the hot team ATM and shouldn't be discounted. They have a great defence, and a well balanced offence.

Vikes have been flat the last month, especially their D.
Cowboys will apply a s**t load of pressure on Favre. That Cowboys D is looking as dangerous as any. Undecided yet but i'm leaning towards the Cowboys atm.

Jul 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
2009 NFL Playoffs - Betting Lines

So we have lines of:

Saints -7 v cards
Chargers -7.5 v jets
Vikings -2.5 v Cowboys
Colts -6.5 v Ravens

One i would grab right now is SD/NYJ over 42.5....that's crazy, SD are still going to throw the ball & put points on the board, i don't think NYJ will keep up but they'll sure make some plays & score some points, i see this game getting to 48-50 pts.

I like Dallas, just think they'll get more pressure to Favre than Vikes will get to Romo, Favre can go into gun slinger mode when he's pressured in the playoffs, especially if they get behind.

Saints v cards should be great to watch, i still think saints will win at home, cards are prone to being inconsistent & i doubt they could get much more going right for them than they got today.

Colts have owned Balty winning last 7 games, but you just never know. Certainly Flacco will have to make some plays as i doubt Indy will roll over & allow Balt to run the ball up & down the field with the ease that NE allowed.

I think the jets journey ends this week, with cinci they were able to use Revis to shut down Chad O & that killed the cinci passing game, but you can't do that with SD, they have so many different options.

some great match ups for sure.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back