Unofficial Preview Game 1 Port v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday's are going to suck this season if we pick perfect teams every week. Looking forward to seeing the quadrangle of doom in action!
This will be the board every Thursday when the teams comes out.
Seinfeld-Laughing-with-Cigar.gif

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The melts will return after our first loss when we all want to drop 14 players.
No, it’ll be more the loss and we’ll all melt as we want different players dropped. This weeks team is awesome on paper, but 5 years of Hinkley it’ll take a lot to dispel that the selection philosophy is still;
1. It’s a loss - drop a KPF
2. it’s a loss, no KPF to drop, drop a KPD
3. It’s wet - drop a tall
4. It’s at Etihad and we need speed - drop a tall
5. The opposition is small - drop a tall
6. The opposition is tall - drop a tall to create a mismatch

We know the pattern all too well. Seeing Ken stand firm on not shrinking when we have a loss is the big test of how much things have really changed around team balance.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
No, it’ll be more the loss and we’ll all melt as we want different players dropped. This weeks team is awesome on paper, but 5 years of Hinkley it’ll take a lot to dispel that the selection philosophy is still;
1. It’s a loss - drop a KPF
2. it’s a loss, no KPF to drop, drop a KPD
3. It’s wet - drop a tall
4. It’s at Etihad and we need speed - drop a tall
5. The opposition is small - drop a tall
6. The opposition is tall - drop a tall to create a mismatch

We know the pattern all too well. Seeing Ken stand firm on not shrinking when we have a loss is the big test of how much things have really changed around team balance.

I'm choosing to stay positive at this stage but we've certainly generally gone into round 1 quite tall and then gotten shorter as the season has gone on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the talls issue will be as strong this year as it has been in the passed just because of personnel. Marshall won't play all year but even if he doesn't we still have Dixon and Watts. As long as Marshall isn't playing SANFL on a week where one of those two is injured/suspended, I won't melt too hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back