Unofficial Preview Game 1 Port v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked Amon from the first time I saw him play. His steady improvement is a massive plus, but I do not know the extent of that improvement is related to increased game time as he builds his rank. He can deliver the ball into the forward line with smarts, which will be important for us. I think he will play round 1.
Year on year improvement and yet to reach the 50 game mark, where you’d expect the inconsistency between best and worst to be less. The squibbing (or losing the ball in the lights) incident still colours people’s minds IMO.

Year on year improvement and yet to reach the 50 game mark, where you’d expect the inconsistency between best and worst to be less. The squibbing (or losing the ball in the lights) incident still colours people’s minds IMO.
I assume you are agreeing with me and disagreeing with Doctor Feel.

Amon's inconsistency is noted internally. Barry has his measure unless he improves his output.

Maybe. Impey played a lot of games last year. Im not so confident in inconsistent players beong dropped.

I've never been the biggest fan, but I can see the upside. Has a touch of Stephen Hill about him and his raw numbers are tracking towards a breakout year:

View attachment 470325

With continued growth and a bit of extra polish you'd take his expected 20+ touches a week over the alternative.

I dunno, if ‘the alternative’ is Dom Barry then I’m pretty happy with the alternative TBH. Amon is maybe a bit more polished but Barry uses his speed more and is better at the tough stuff, and it’s not like Amon isn’t prone to a couple of shanks a game himself.

I dunno, if ‘the alternative’ is Dom Barry then I’m pretty happy with the alternative TBH. Amon is maybe a bit more polished but Barry uses his speed more and is better at the tough stuff, and it’s not like Amon isn’t prone to a couple of shanks a game himself.

Hey, as good as Barry has clearly looked he still doesn't have any runs on the board in the real stuff. He could kick on and become a prize catch, he could be the next Jarrad Irons/Cam Hitchcock/Wade Thompson preseason tease.

For all Amon's flaws, we can say with some certainty he is tracking towards being a 20dpg player.

Hey, as good as Barry has clearly looked he still doesn't have any runs on the board in the real stuff. He could kick on and become a prize catch, he could be the next Jarrad Irons/Cam Hitchcock/Wade Thompson preseason teaser.

Fair, but I think the main difference between Barry and those guys is that those guys were all rookie-lister longshots who happened to hit a purple patch. Barry was always a real talent. The only reason he was there at our pick 61 last year rather than still running around for the Demons was his off-field personal issues, not his ability.

He’s a much better shot at making it than an Irons/Hitchcock/Thompson type. And in my personal opinion he’s a better shot at making it than Amon too. He just has more strings to his bow.

I've certainly backed off from my over the top 'BF buddy support' of a couple of years ago but I still like Amon as a link player and think he's tracking well career-wise.
I know it's early days with Barry but I think where he's crucially ahead of Karlos in our best 22 is his blistering pace. He's potentially the Matty White, team role replacement we need in 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can anyone else download the footy express timetables off the metro site yet?

trying the train ones and they seem not be working

It's going to be hot next Saturday. Last day of daylight savings and we'll be roasting in our seats. This should have been a night game.

Won't be great viewing in BD in this instance. The sun will feel like it's situated right inside your eye socket.

BoM says 33 and cloudy at this early stage.

Missing this one farken.

Playing a cricket GF. Damn you season crossover.

After all the work in the off season "Its happening" and you miss the first time it is actually happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back