State of Origin Game 1: Queensland v New South Wales

Remove this Banner Ad

pumped. can't see us (NSW) winning, but I think we'll give it a pretty good crack.

I've been confident (or as confident as you could be) of us breaking the streak in the past two series but we've fallen short so maybe the series where i'm not so confident we'll break it.

a month ago things were looking somewhat up with the teams starting to take shape, a number of qld players not at their peak form, and a number of key NSW guys looking good. Aside from Hayne still lighting things up that has pretty much all done a complete u-turn.

Heart says Hodkinson kicks a sideline conversion to put it into extra time then nails a 40 metre field goal. Head says we'll get done by around 12 points but coming out with more long term positives than we've had in a while.

As a QLD supporter this is the 1st time I have actually been worried about losing a series in a long time but I can't really see us losing either of the games in Brisbane. Tonight I reckon it will be tight and QLD will get up by 4.

Also surprised at Josh Jackson bought into the squad as standby forward if anything goes wrong. As a dogs fan wrapped for him and its a great reward, but surely he's not the next best option even given the injuries we've got? He's a bloody player and does well at club level but surely he's just too small for Origin? I know his dimensions aren't too dissimilar to Watmough but there is a fair difference in their overall presence...

Fensom owns Jackson.

In any event, big game for NSW tonite, if our second rowers aren't to garbage we could do very very well in this match. First time in a long team with no pearce to * up our attack. RObbie Farah needs to limit himself and only dart from dummy half from close to the line if he actually scores.

Never ever seen a game before. I'm from Perth and have recently moved to the Gold Coast.
I'll see how I go watching this different game.
I lived in tas and south aus growing up then moved to northern nsw and I can honestly say I never heard of the game and aussie rules was never on, damn was I pissed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Blues!

Still don't understand how Queensland celebrate Arthur Beetson as a Queenslander?
He played 18 games for New South Wales and 3 for Queensland:drunk:
He was born in QLD.

A question. How come when you score a try, like qld just did, do you get the ball back again after kickoff? Shouldn't the team who scored do the kick off? Like nfl?
Otherwise in theory you could get the ball at the start after initial kick off, and score a try.
Other team kicks off again, you get it and score a try again, repeat, repeat, repeat, and the othe team never gets the ball and a chance to score their own try?
Make sense what I am asking?
Seems a flaw in rules?

A question. How come when you score a try, like qld just did, do you get the ball back again after kickoff? Shouldn't the team who scored do the kick off? Like nfl?
Otherwise in theory you could get the ball at the start after initial kick off, and score a try.
Other team kicks off again, you get it and score a try again, repeat, repeat, repeat, and the othe team never gets the ball and a chance to score their own try?
Make sense what I am asking?
Seems a flaw in rules?

The game doesn't reward losers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back