State of Origin Game 1 thread - melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think anyone here mentioned the attendance.

56,021 :eek:

Biggest was 56,605 in 2001 for Australia v British/Irish Lions

His right leg was well and truly out in the air before Inglis dropped the ball on it. If he'd been trying to kick it away it would have gone out later and his head wouldn't have been anywhere near as still as it was, nor would his arms have been.

anyway past is past.... **** it... what nsw need to look at....

uate's defensive positioning... can tackle... just panicked a few times... was better in second half... he's not going anywhere though...

stewart and hayne were good... especially hayne... stewart reliable. did nothing wrong, and almost pulled off a spectaculor try.

aside from jennings sin bin he was excellent.... but if you wanna throw a punch like that at least ****ing knock someone out... s**t sin bin though...

pearce his best game for nsw... carney was s**t but don't drop him please... he's too good. was clearly nervous from his first kick when he toe poked it about 5 metres... probably the most pressure put on an origina debutant i can remember...

the forwards... gallen... beast... the only minor thing i'd change from him is that change of angle he was doing just before getting tackled... sometimes you just gotta try and burst through as the captain... but only a minor thing....

farah.... best game for nsw. will easily play out the series now....

tamou - was an animal but i think he found the pace of origina step up because he went missing for big chunks... but when he was involved he was our best player... will be better for the run.

lewis - solid but not great... bird... played very very well... stewart... sketchy. good player but threw a few speculators, none of which paid off.

buhrer... i like him but i don't think he's ready for origin... for a speculative utlilty role on the bench i'd have rathered josh reynolds... but even him i wouldn't have gone for... merrin offered very little... tony williams... wow... did he get tackled first attempt once tonight?? if he did i can't remember it... obviously seven weeks out hurts the fitness... like tamou will be better for his first origin outing (plus TW had the compounded issue os his suspension) and we can expect more.... and ben creagh... well i'm still not sure what he offers... wasn't s**t. wasn't good. at least he wasn't laughing after we had lost like he was in 2009 or 2010 which got my blood boiling.

next game...

backs stay the same.

forwards - glen stewart ?? i dunno... race between him and watmough... but then i'd take stewart before creagh.... and sims before both of them :)()

i don't think buhrer is origina ready... not reynolds either... but i wouldn't say no to chris lawrence as a back utility

Don't think anyone here mentioned the attendance.

56,021 :eek:

Biggest was 56,605 in 2001 for Australia v British/Irish Lions

sounds like rubbish to me. Unless there is somehow more seats at a Rugby game? There's been some massive sell out games at Etihad in the past that barely crack 50k....

what ever it was though was more than I expected, never thought Medallion club would look as full as it did.

anyway.... i just hope sean hamstead has got his street directory handy

What a joke.

Everytime NSW got on top the refs pull their momentum away with a dumb decision, pretty obvious they wanted the toads to win.

What decisions were wrong? Jennings was a fruitloop that ran 40 metres into a brawl, it was a definite sin bin, and the last try whilst it looked ugly was a try according to the rules.

No, just no. Inglis put the ball on Farrar's leg as much as Farrar put his leg into the ball. It's just a plain old simple knock on.

Not to mention the ball rebounded, hit his arm, knocked on, then he leapt on it.

No try.

No, just no. Inglis put the ball on Farrar's leg as much as Farrar put his leg into the ball. It's just a plain old simple knock on.

4326 replays shown and the one-eyed Blue goons still can't see that Farah intentionally stuck his leg out between the ball and the ground? Hilarious. Learn the rules and/or actually watch the game instead of listening to Gould's frothing in the comm box.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What decisions were wrong? Jennings was a fruitloop that ran 40 metres into a brawl, it was a definite sin bin, and the last try whilst it looked ugly was a try according to the rules.

Agree with this. Typical NSW blaming everyone wale but themselves. They had what, 75-80% ball and the sane territory in the 2nd half and managed a try from a qld mistake. Qld had one chance I'm the 2nd half and scored. That is the difference in the sides. Ditto the first half. Anyone who understands origin (or any sport) knows you need to capitalise on momentum and NSW didn't.

I thought Jennings was lucky not yo be sent off. The referee would have been well within his rights if he did send him off. You can't do what he did. Other blues landed punches and got away with it, but if you run from 40m away, leave your feet and connect to the head with a haymaker, not sure you'd have a case to mount if you got sent off. Should get a week but being a NSW player will inevitably get off

The intent was there, he came 40 metres away and tried the punch to the head, he is lucky his Origin night did not end there.

no doubt, but i've never seen anyone sin binned or sent off for having the intent or trying to hit someone in the head..... ever

sounds like rubbish to me. Unless there is somehow more seats at a Rugby game? There's been some massive sell out games at Etihad in the past that barely crack 50k....

what ever it was though was more than I expected, never thought Medallion club would look as full as it did.
Etihad Stadium = Retractable seating. They can move the seats up to 18m forward for soccer or rugby games. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back