Shield Game 1: Western Australia vs New South Wales, WACA, Monday 3rd-Thursday 6th October, 1:30 AEDT

More Points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some really good slip fieldsman going around Shield cricket. Jason Sangha is exceptional as he just showed then. Beau Webster and Peter Handscomb are also both very good slippers.

Yes, I’d argue we’re best positioned.
True, true.

We're on a sub-board of an AFL forum discussing a Sheffield Shield match. Are any of us really in a position to be calling others lame?
Speak for yourself I am very cool. Have attached image as evidence.

Attachments

• 237176EE-CF0E-4BC0-B8F0-4FD8CF02A25A.jpeg
    237176EE-CF0E-4BC0-B8F0-4FD8CF02A25A.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 25

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Wyllie just broke the record for youngest ever century in the Shield

Patterson's record was 18 and 206 days
Wyllie is 18 and 163 days

Edit: Ponting was 18 and 40 days for his first century

Last edited:
Fantastic 100 by the young fella, the first of many me thinks. Great way to kick off his season, definitely won't be making way when both Marsh boys come in....

Great maiden ton from Wyllie.
I’ve been following him since he was 13/14 on YouTube. His coach runs a channel called Cricket Mentoring Online.
Worth a look if anyone wants to see the beginnings of this kid.
There’s probably around 50 videos directly related to him including net sessions, Australian rep games, a tour of India with the cricket school, a couple of first grade hundreds in full, some junior innings.

I think Wyllie just broke the record for youngest ever century in the Shield

Patterson's record was 18 and 206 days
Wyllie is 18 and 163 days

Edit: Ponting was 18 and 40 days for his first century
Pretty sure Archie Jackson was 17 when he hit his first

Pleased with WA cricket at the moment.

Morris with the cherry yesterday and Wyllie with the bat today. The future is looking promising, especially when you consider we've blooded Fanning this match and spinner Rocchiccioli is playing his fifth match.

Excuse my ignorance but has Behrendorff retired from the longer form?
Three seasons ago he and Voge agreed the Dorff would just focus on limited-overs cricket as he kept breaking down.

Given the depth of WA's pace attack (Richardson, Paris, Morris, Kelly, Hardie), they have not revisted their stance.

Teague Wyllie has the potential to be very very very good.
Right on cue for me, he was.
Teague Wyllie is probably also someone who will join them in that category.
There's a lot to like about him. Looks very well suited to the longer format as well, rather than just a shotmaker. Real nice technique to fall back onto.

Watch this space for sure.

Back