Shield Game 11: Western Australia vs South Australia, WACA Ground, Friday 11th November - Monday 14th November

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
McAndrew should be in the side imo, I know he's had a very dry start to the season wickets wise but he's a very solid number 8 if not 7. He comes in next game for Buckingham anyway.

What has Jake Carder done right is the appropriate question, sorry but he's crap I'd rather Lehmann in the side. I'm a huge Kelly fan and a bit perplexed as to how he hasn't played a game yet this season.

It really doesn't matter who we pick. The problems with SA cricket cannot be solved by the odd player or two. It's the entire structure of cricket and sadly may take many years to rectify, and only if those in authority wish to accept the challenge.

Mighty Eagles

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Well done, WA.

Excellent performances by Whitey, Kells, Wild Thing & Bangers.

Qld in Qld will be a huge test though, especially if we're missing personnel.

Richardson to come in for Gannon, Paris for Philippe against NSW next week.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Well done, WA.

Excellent performances by Whitey, Kells, Wild Thing & Bangers.

Qld in Qld will be a huge test though, especially if we're missing personnel.

Richardson to come in for Gannon, Paris for Philippe against NSW next week.
Philippe will be keeping instead of Inglis next game.
Inglis will be playing in the PM's game.

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
Carder is about to turn 27, and averages 27 at FC level. The very model of inconsistency.
Yep he is not going so well this year but from memory put in a few good innings last season. I say the other Jake, Lehmann is most of what is wrong with SA cricket as he is now the most experienced batsmen so should be leading by example. He to me is the very model of inconsistency not Carder and should never again stink up SA red ball cricket.

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SACA has Spencer Johnson in the squad.. a local, quick and provides balance with his left armers. Give him a run. But batting is their big worry. Time to experiment with some promise in rookies Tom Kelly, Capell or Brazell.

Yep he is not going so well this year but from memory put in a few good innings last season. I say the other Jake, Lehmann is most of what is wrong with SA cricket as he is now the most experienced batsmen so should be leading by example. He to me is the very model of inconsistency not Carder and should never again stink up SA red ball cricket.
His first three games he scored 313 runs. The following 5 he scored 155 runs at 17.

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Philippe will be keeping instead of Inglis next game.
He will come good with the bat. Showed a new maturity and temperament last season. I reckon he may also be on the CA radar for India off the back of his mauling of the Sri Lankan spinners for Aussie A this year.

Carder is about to turn 27, and averages 27 at FC level.

So in theory his average should keep going up with his age, should be hitting his prime when he turns 40 and will be elite when he turns 50!

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
His first three games he scored 313 runs.
Very encouraging start spoiled by his later inconsistency.. the malaise affecting SA cricket. My Blues are not much better. I dont see any of our batsmen playing Test cricket for the foreseeable future, except perhaps the small possibility of Jason Sangha. Even if a promising bat comes along our selectors are sure to ignore them and force them to chase their dream with another state, like they did with Tim Ward and Henry Hunt..

Last edited:
Back