State GAME 12: NSW BLUES v TASMANIA TIGERS. Nov 12-15, Bellerive Oval, Hobart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to back hundreds in the Marsh Cup
White ball. 57 @28 FC (career). 107 @18 this season. Your argument holds no water. Pick him in List A just keep him away from state red ball cricket.

Last edited:

White ball. 57 @28 FC (career). 107 @18 this season. Your argument holds no water. Pick him in List A just keep him away from state red ball cricket.
Its not my argument. I could not give less of a * about whether Tasmania select Tim Paine or Jake Doran. I was trying to help you get your head around it.

Back to back hundreds in the Marsh Cup for 25yo Doran v a 37yo Paine I guess is the thinking.
You were speaking from a selectors point of view. I misunderstood. Surely shield selectors know a white ball hundred has no correlation to a red ball one, except seldomly

For all our sakes Moises Henriques retire end of season.

Blues caving in. Cant handle the English like conditions plus the pace of Meredith.

Last edited:
For all our sakes Moises Henriques retire end of season.

Blues caving in. Cant handle the English like conditions plus the pace of Meredith.
Didn't he basically save the game against Queensland by himself?

Meredith, hey? It's still the same - exciting to watch, great wicket taker, but I'm not sure he can play at a higher level while he's still bowling at 4.5 - 5 runs an over.

but I'm not sure he can play at a higher level while he's still bowling at 4.5 - 5 runs an over.
Agree. A wicket taker but not all that often. Now compare him with our other express man Lance Morris. Superior average, strike rate and economy from only six less games. Meredith performs best in white ball.

Tim Ward showing he is not only a stonewaller with an 80 off 60 balls as Tassie puts the blow torch to my pathetic Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't know Ward had this in him.
Nor I as have not seen him play List A. I look forward to watching Henry Hunt and Tim Ward open future Tests for us.
Will Tassie return Ward then as he is a Sydney boy born and bred.

Last edited:
Didn't he basically save the game against Queensland by himself?
The bloke has played 183 first class innings since his 2006 debut and you could count on two hands the times he has saved or won the Blues games.

The bloke has played 183 first class innings since his 2006 debut and you could count on two hands the times he has saved or won the Blues games.
He's pretty much the textbook good FC all-rounder. Averages mid 30's with the bat and low 30's with the ball. Not an international cricketer but he's a good FC player still.

90 not at stumps. Silk wont now declare will he.
Assuming there's 110 overs tomorrow. Most likely case is 10-12 overs trying to get the lead to 360+ and then declare.

Great to see both teams trying to make a game out of it (makes a refreshing change). They deserve a great finish.
Probably to no avail as Hobart is in for a drenching and a chilly top of 9c today. What a shame as Tassie is my second team and they deserve to win this one.

Probably to no avail as Hobart is in for a drenching and a chilly top of 9c today. What a shame as Tassie is my second team and they deserve to win this one.
Yes, very disappointing end to what promised to be an exciting finish. I love when captains make a game of it, something that doesn't happen often enough these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back